Letter to the Editor Easter show at the Parkinson Rec Center

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Letter to the Editor Easter show at the Parkinson Rec Center

Post by John500 »

I totally agree with the writer of that letter. That show was unacceptable for little children. I am not sure what kind of impression it left on my grandchild. But I was looking to walk out as well. Unfortunately the doors to the actual easter egghunt and other events were covered with paper and "guarded" by chuch volunteers. The message being, you cant get out. I have no problem with the Easter message and children be informed about it. But its up to the parents of my grandchild to decide how he will be informed. Have the message told like it was done at the Parkinson Rec Center, which was an open public event , was wrong. It was outright scary! And yes I should have walked out as well! But I did not and that was a bad decsion on my part. Luckily all other events and the egghunt were very well organised and were enjoyable for all kids and parents attending.
Jordan123
Fledgling

Re: Letter to the Editor Easter show at the Parkinson Rec Center

Post by Jordan123 »

I knew something was wrong with Christianity when I was told to have a "healthy fear" of god. Religion is also based off of fear and obviously a childrens show is no different.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Was this event sponsored by Parkinson's or by the attending churches?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
PDT
Fledgling

Post by PDT »

Based on the information I see from the events page, it was put on by the church.
http://www.castanet.net/events/details/7673
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Interesting how the ad says there is a pancake breakfast, an egg hunt and fun for the whole family, but it says nothing about having to sit there and watch a play before.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

owned by the passion of heysus...

Outraged parents then took their kids home and held an egg hunt in their grow op.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Apparently the Victory Life Fellowship wanted to shock unsuspecting attendees at their Easter event in order to get their point across. Soulra did the same thing.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

Advocate wrote:VERY DISTASTEFUL COMMENT TO THIS PHOTO~!

It's only words,
and words are all I have
to take your heart away....
Jordan123
Fledgling

Post by Jordan123 »

^^ Ya, I'm sure some great spirit full of infinite love would want you to do that to yourself to prove how devoted you are. Christianity is a load of BULL!
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Typical fundie bait and switch tactics. It is also used to sell time-share condos and kirby vacuums.

:124: 'Here..have a free 5 star dinner and a set of knives. But first you have to sit through our 2 hour presentation on how awesome our time-shares/vacuums are!"
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

soulra wrote: 'Here..have a free 5 star dinner and a set of knives. But first you have to sit through our 2 hour presentation on how awesome our time-shares/vacuums are!"

It's an Easter show. Which is a religious holiday. Not sure what else you expected there, a lecture on thermodynamics?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I think the problem was that they advertised it as an easter egg hunt, not a fundie passion play.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

They should definitely have said there would be an Easter play play with some graphic nature that may be disturbing to children, even though I'm sure the parents let their kids watch much worse things on TV.

Soulra's typical hate-paste was definitely in poor taste, I'm sure he was giddy with excitement as Easter approached so he could post it, I'll bet he's even so against religion he wouldn't even take the Easter holiday because it's a religious holiday :127: For someone who spreads hate to knock someone who spreads love is kind of like Charles Manson cutting down Mother Theresa, I can't even decide if it's more sick or sad.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

zzontar wrote:For someone who spreads hate to knock someone who spreads love is kind of like Charles Manson cutting down Mother Theresa, I can't even decide if it's more sick or sad.

Sad probably. I'm not religious at all, and poke fun at Jesus plenty of times, but I always wonder what's the deal with people knocking religion all the time. It's not like you're getting slapped in the face with a cross as soon as you step outside or father chases you down the street trying to read you some passages. Whatever they do in those churches is their business.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

..or the Parkinson Rec Centre.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”