Sick of NDP attack ads

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
usquebaugh
Guru

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by usquebaugh »

The Restaurant Reviewer wrote:
usquebaugh wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:
Bellevuejim wrote:Everybody knows that statistics can be made to look however you want them to look. All of the data for your posts in this thread come from NDP rhetoric pipeline. I encourage you to broaden your mind, take a step back and give a hard, honest look at all the ways that the B.C. Liberals have improved B.C. over their time in power.

Yes, check out the BC Liberal website. That's Bellevuejim gets his info. :dyinglaughing:

*snerk*

I love these types of posts. Totally grasping and straws when beat down!!

I do not agree with all that Bellevue posts, but he does make a few good points. If anything, I will be sure to spend more time researching my political choices in the future.

Grasping at straws by enjoying a laugh at how steven lloyd poked a giant hole in *bleep*'s argument? But if you want to discuss "straws" of another variety, then *bleep*'s assertion that I am a member of a union is a straw man argument...
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
The Restaurant Reviewer

Post by The Restaurant Reviewer »

I do not want to get too involved with this thread, I hate politics, but I am pretty sure Steven Lloyd's comeback was beat down with this:

i see no trend other than most on firstcallbc's list are unions or trade organizations populated by unions members. a little research shows who started them and who they are affiliated with. want to hide your union identity? start a association or society in bc. want proof, look deeper than their websites.

Whatever, I am out of here! :sleepdeprived:
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

The Restaurant Reviewer wrote:I do not want to get too involved with this thread, I hate politics, but I am pretty sure Steven Lloyd's comeback was beat down with this:

NoOne wrote:i see no trend other than most on firstcallbc's list are unions or trade organizations populated by unions members. a little research shows who started them and who they are affiliated with. want to hide your union identity? start a association or society in bc. want proof, look deeper than their websites.

Whatever, I am out of here! :sleepdeprived:

Well, NoOne may be right to a certain extent, but do you think that associations, such as Autism B.C., Literacy B.C., and Dietitians of Canada, BC Region, etc., are doing more harm than good by promoting their various causes and by sponsoring First Call? I rather think that they are creating awareness of issues that affect children (and adults) in British Columbia, and for that they should be commended.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

The Restaurant Reviewer wrote: I do not want to get too involved with this thread, I hate politics, but I am pretty sure Steven Lloyd's comeback was beat down with this:

i see no trend other than most on firstcallbc's list are unions or trade organizations populated by unions members. a little research shows who started them and who they are affiliated with. want to hide your union identity? start a association or society in bc. want proof, look deeper than their websites.

:137: :129:

The Restaurant Reviewer wrote: If anything, I will be sure to spend more time researching my political choices in the future.

Good idea.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

steven lloyd wrote:
The Restaurant Reviewer wrote: If anything, I will be sure to spend more time researching my political choices in the future.

Good idea.

It is a good idea.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Hey you government bashers, here's your parties solution to ending child poverty and homelessness....

Oh, and it's straight form the party platform rehtoric

It really doesn't say anything nor are they really going to do anything but for as little as it's worth....

B. PROTECTING CHILDREN AND IMPROVING OPPORTUNITIES FOR BRITISH COLUMBIANS

• Immediate investments in child protection services.
• Following ‘Jordan’s Principle’ to ensure the health and safety of Aboriginal children comes
first, ahead of any jurisdictional disputes.
• Extending the term of BC’s Child and Youth Representative past November 2011 to make
sure there is ongoing and vigilant public oversight of BC’s child protection system.
• Enhancing support for the transition to First Nations’ governance of aboriginal child
welfare.
• Reducing Community Living waitlists, to help some of BC’s most vulnerable adults and
their families get adequate care.

Now just where oh where are they proposing to put end end to poor childeren?

Oh, and show me where they are going to end child homelessness.
Not afraid to say "It".
usquebaugh
Guru

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Campbells

Post by usquebaugh »

Speaking of attack ads, I wonder if any local hunting groups will take a shot (yes, sorry, lame pun intended) at the provincial government's handling of LEH? That's definitely an issue close to many people's hearts, especially as unemployment rises in (rural) B.C.!
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Al Czervic
Guru

Re: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Campbells

Post by Al Czervic »

usquebaugh wrote:Speaking of attack ads, I wonder if any local hunting groups will take a shot (yes, sorry, lame pun intended) at the provincial government's handling of LEH? That's definitely an issue close to many people's hearts, especially as unemployment rises in (rural) B.C.!

Why would they ? The alternative is the NDP and every hunter I know hates the NDP for placing further restrictions on hunting back when they were in power (those restrictions were lifted by the BC Liberals I might add)

Besides Limited entry hunting is a controversy in every province that uses a similar “lottery” based system.
Back with a vengeance
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

Now just where oh where are they proposing to put end end to poor childeren?

Oh, and show me where they are going to end child homelessness.

There is nothing. The NDP is like a street gang. They convince the down and out that they are there to help. "Join us and we will help/protect you". Nothing but lies....
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Al Czervic wrote:
usquebaugh wrote:Speaking of attack ads, I wonder if any local hunting groups will take a shot (yes, sorry, lame pun intended) at the provincial government's handling of LEH? That's definitely an issue close to many people's hearts, especially as unemployment rises in (rural) B.C.!

Why would they ? The alternative is the NDP and every hunter I know hates the NDP for placing further restrictions on hunting back when they were in power (those restrictions were lifted by the BC Liberals I might add)

Besides Limited entry hunting is a controversy in every province that uses a similar “lottery” based system.

Yes, but when the NDP placed restrictions on local hunters, they were also placing them on trophy hunters; whereas, the Liberals are favouring one over the other, and selling off B.C.'s natural resources to foreign hunters. I know lots of hunters (family members in rural communities) who are choked by how rarely they draw a tag. (Note: I am against pretty much all hunting, as I don't eat meat, but I can understand how B.C. residents would want to feed their own families, especially during the recession, with wild meat!)
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Bellevuejim wrote:There is nothing. The NDP is like a street gang. They convince the down and out that they are there to help. "Join us and we will help/protect you". Nothing but lies....

The zealots can't respond to the extra $3,000,000,000.00 ($3 Billion) that the leaches want to extract from hardworking families pockets. OVER THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

The fanatics can't respond to the non-existent policy on ending child poverty in BC (let alone the world).

Nor are they saying how they will end childern homelessness.

No solutions - all lies - *bleep* whine complain.

Pretty gawd damn sad.
Not afraid to say "It".
usquebaugh
Guru

ads

Post by usquebaugh »

Just out of curiosity, do you hunt, Al?

Furthermore, even if it is also an issue in other provinces, that doesn't mean that B.C. residents can't demand a change (whether that means convincing the Liberals to change this policy, or changing the government entirely, in order to create a new policy that favours British Columbians) that benefits resident hunters!
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

We acquired our hunting license last year but still need to purchase a firearm (already have PAL) before we can fill our deep freeze. I do not agree with trophy hunting at all. If you are not hunting for groceries than leave the animals alone.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

jennylives wrote:We acquired our hunting license last year but still need to purchase a firearm (already have PAL) before we can fill our deep freeze. I do not agree with trophy hunting at all. If you are not hunting for groceries than leave the animals alone.

Exactly. Priority should be given to those hunting for more than "glory!"
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

usquebaugh wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:

Yes, but when the NDP placed restrictions on local hunters, they were also placing them on trophy hunters; whereas, the Liberals are favouring one over the other, and selling off B.C.'s natural resources to foreign hunters. I know lots of hunters (family members in rural communities) who are choked by how rarely they draw a tag. (Note: I am against pretty much all hunting, as I don't eat meat, but I can understand how B.C. residents would want to feed their own families, especially during the recession, with wild meat!)

You overlook that the NDP restrictions were actually outright bans in some cases. That did not go over well with the hunting community. Most of the controversy around LEH hunting is NOT from joe hunter out to bag his local venison provisions to “feed” his family it is more to do with big game trophy hunting.

The complaint is that those guide hunters who actually earn a living by hunting professionally are usually paid by foreign hunters. For those who are not lucky enough to win a license out of the LEH draw it angers them that those hunters from outside of BC have any standing in the process courtesy of professional BC based hunting guide outfitters.

Bottom line if you are a hunting professional who earns a living from hunting you have some certainty from the current government. Obviously there are only so many tags to go around and some people resent this arrangement. If you are a hunting guide outfitter trying to feed your family financially you are happy with this arrangement; and if you are an unlucky hunter who did not win an LEH you think it is unfair.

Reminds me of the banking system in a way. If you are a commercial customer the banks often provide a special teller where there is a seldom a lineup; yet for the regular non commercial customers you wait in line until your turn. This issue really depends on what side of the fence you are sitting on.

Keep in mind the people who actually win an LEH draw are never the one’s complaining; it is always the sore losers who did not win that do. Pretty much how many things work in life.

And to answer your question, no I am not a hunter; just a person who knows hunters on both sides of the fence on this issue and can see points in favor from both perspectives. And you are correct people can always see things very accurately from their own perspective and often think that things should work in a manner that better suits themselves. As I don’t hunt I can see things from both sides on this issue..
Back with a vengeance

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”