Matthew Reed - BC NDP

Castanet News
Administrator

Matthew Reed - BC NDP

Post by Castanet News »

This thread is for the discussion of the candidacy of Matthew Reed - BC NDP .
usquebaugh
Guru

Re: Matthew Reed - BC NDP

Post by usquebaugh »

Matthew Reed's campaign website is here. :sunshine:
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Hey, I'm not writing negative comments in your party's threads, so perhaps you could give the sarcasm a rest? :137:
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

usquebaugh wrote:Hey, I'm not writing negative comments in your party's threads, so perhaps you could give the sarcasm a rest? :137:

How then would you account for your 7900 government bashing posts spewed throughout what was once a nice playground.
Not afraid to say "It".
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Here's more about Matthew.

Matthew has been a Kelowna area resident for the past 16 years. He graduated with honours from Rutland Secondary School and received his diploma in audio engineering from the Okanagan Academy of Recording Arts. He owned a successful music and electronics store for nearly 4 years early in the decade. Currently he has teaching commitments at CATO (Center for Arts and Tecnology Okanagan) and Okanagan College, as well as managing his own audio business.

Matthew has worked with local community youth through the Parks Alive program, and during his annual business engagements in Whitehorse has worked with the BYTE Society (Bring Youth Towards Equality) and the Whitehorse Boys and Girls Club.

Matthew is concerned for the welfare of small business owners, like himself, during this current economic recession. He gained experience in political campaigning through his recent bid for a seat on Kelowna City Council.

After spending the past few months talking to leaders and people within the community in order to understand fully their concerns, Matthew says, “The constituents feel that BC is headed in the wrong direction. The state of homelessness, child poverty, government cost overruns, and government deception are at all time highs in BC and people are very concerned. We need to stay focused on investing in health care, education, training and transportation, in order to provide the services and jobs that families need. We must stop for-profit corporate healthcare and make seniors care a priority.”

:sunshine:
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

Usquebaugh - isn't your signature picture negitive towards the liberals ?
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

So, I'm not posting anything negative in the Liberals' threads. There is a difference. Besides, the Liberals are just worried about the Conservative Party splitting the vote for them, because the churchgoers in this town will most likely turn out in droves to vote for the far right.... :127:

Go NDP!

Why don't we try to keep the thread on topic?

I support Reed's candidacy, because I believe that we need more young people in our Legislature, but that doesn't mean I want the Legislature to be composed entirely of young people. I actually don't vote in Reed's riding, but I support NDP candidates wherever they may be.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

From M Reeds website
"Together with Carole James and the BC NDP team, Matthew will hold Gordon Campbell accountable to everyday families tired of his government's arrogance and neglect. "

Is he just going to hold him accountable , the NDP are not going to kick Gordo out of office , sounds like he has already throwning in the NDP leardership towel .

The NDP in my eyes are pro unions (BCTF , nurses ) and anti small business , correct me if I'm still bitter from the Glen Clarke days.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

ixler8 wrote:From M Reeds website
"Together with Carole James and the BC NDP team, Matthew will hold Gordon Campbell accountable to everyday families tired of his government's arrogance and neglect. "

Is he just going to hold him accountable , the NDP are not going to kick Gordo out of office , sounds like he has already throwning in the NDP leardership towel .

The NDP in my eyes are pro unions (BCTF , nurses ) and anti small business , correct me if I'm still bitter from the Glen Clarke days.

I don't think it's throwing in the towel to say that they'll hold Campbell accountable. You must know that the Basi-Virk trial is still going on, and that the case has links directly to the Premier's office (if you'll recall, there was a major raid on the BC Legislature!), so that a conviction in that trial may eventually lead to corruption charges against Campbell (or other BC Liberal Cabinet Ministers). Hence, the accountability part makes sense.

Also, since this thread is about Matthew Reed, do you think that he's against small businesses? :137:

Matthew is an audio engineer with teaching commitments at CATO (Centre for Arts and Technology Okanagan) and Okanagan College, and his own music business.

Matthew is concerned for the welfare of small business owners, like himself, during this current economic recession.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

Matthew might be concerned but are the NDP ?
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

ixler8 wrote:Matthew might be concerned but are the NDP ?

Yes, but if he's a candidate in your particular riding, he can take his constituents' concerns directly to Victoria! He can be influential in favour of small businesses, but also on the side of those who have seen their ability to make a decent living (or simply keep their heads above water) in this province go down the drain (which includes small business owners, who have to compete with the likes of WalMart) while Campbell has been in power.

Overall, I don't see the Liberals as caring as much for small business as they do for larger corporations anyway.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

I did see Gordo , saying that small business does employ about 1 million people in BC , and that help will be on the way for some tax relief . Don't get me wrong , I am not pro Liberal , I just digging for reasons not to vote for them , as they seem to be the best of the worst.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

ixler8 wrote:I did see Gordo , saying that small business does employ about 1 million people in BC , and that help will be on the way for some tax relief . Don't get me wrong , I am not pro Liberal , I just digging for reasons not to vote for them , as they seem to be the best of the worst.

What are the issues, besides being pro-small business and anti-union, that matter most to you? Write letters or make phone calls to all the candidates in your particular riding, and let them know what matters most to you.

For example, do you support the legalization of marijuana? You might consider voting Green then... :sunshine:
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

What ?? marijuana is illegal , you wouldn't think so , the way it's seems to be accepted here in BC .
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

ixler8 wrote:What ?? marijuana is illegal , you wouldn't think so , the way it's seems to be accepted here in BC .

Yeah, well, not if the current federal government has its say! :200:

It would be nice to see marijuana legalized, that's for sure. I think we'd have a much better chance of that happening if we have a mix of NDP and Green MLAs in the Legislature...
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?

Return to “Kelowna-Lake Country”