Campbell has to go..

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
Nicklan
Board Meister

Re: Campbell has to go..

Post by Nicklan »

Nabcom wrote:Campbell has to go..

Meet da Main Man...

Premier Campbell was Mayor of Vancouver for three successive terms from 1986 to 1993. Prior to that, he was a developer. He served for two years under CUSO as a secondary school teacher in Nigeria, Africa. Premier Campbell is married to wife Nancy, a high school principal, they have two sons.

In June 2001, Gordon Campbell was sworn in as British Columbia’s 34th premier, with the largest majority in B.C. history. He was re-elected in May 2005, making him the first premier in 22 years – and only the fifth in B.C. history – to be elected to two consecutive terms.

Gordon attended public school in Vancouver. After graduating he received a scholarship to Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. He worked his way through university in the dining hall and as the associate to the secretary of the college, and received his bachelor of arts degree. He later received a master's of business administration from Simon Fraser University.

He was a secondary school teacher, basketball and track coach in Yola, Nigeria, working under the auspices of CUSO. He then became an assistant to former Vancouver mayor Art Phillips. From 1976 to 1981, he worked with Marathon Realty, where he became general manager of development. In 1981, he founded Citycore Development Corporation.

Gordo needs to be scared, very scared. In the 2005 election in Vancouver-Point Grey riding, he won over NDP candidate Mel Lehan (who the hell is Mel Lehan?) by only 2200 votes or so with only 46% of the popular vote. That was down from 56% of the popular vote in 2001, indicating to me even his own riding is struggling with his performance.

Campbell's riding of Vancouver - Point Grey has a very strong fundamental NDP leaning, and if anyone can offer them a candidate who makes sense other than Campbell, he would lose it in a heartbeat IMO.

The question is, are the voters of Vancouver - Point Grey up to the task of thinking province wide rather than just their own self centred interests, and sending Gordon Campbell to the boneyard?

I call on the voters of Vancouver - Point Grey to do their utmost to help BC rid ourselves of this Premier.

Nab

:ohmygod:
Nab I am sorry for my comments ,
Clearly you are not one of this Criminals Gangsters
I will never say anything like that agian
And I hope you except this.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

LOL

If that is an apology Nicklan, it is accepted.

My view is, we need to keep the Liberal right wing philosophy, but they need to get rid of Gordon Campbell before he and his insiders group sinks them. Unfortunately the party is infested with like minded politicians (and I mean "infested" in a very negative sense, focused mainly on the lower mainland rather than the province as a whole - as in a rats nest).

My hope however is that many of them are ready for retirement and the boneyard too (are ya listing Ralph Sultan?) ;-) What I was anticipating back then was by this point perhaps some substantial portion of the good old boys group would have made a last minute decision not to run again - but unfortunately so far not that many have, and it is probably too late to expect them to now. 4 years from now however it will be an entirely different kettle o fish.

But I tend to agree with steven. Sometimes surprises happen, and perhaps the electorate will give them their walking papers this time round if the left wing and their supporters can focus and eliminate their silly divisions (i.e forget about the Green Party as an option). After all, 4 years of Carol James is not enough time for her to do any significant damage (she isn't capable of doing very much anyway), and a breather from the status quo might be just what the doctor ordered to stop the current ugly disease from spreading further.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nabcom wrote: After all, 4 years of Carol James is not enough time for her to do any significant damage (she isn't capable of doing very much anyway), and a breather from the status quo might be just what the doctor ordered to stop the current ugly disease from spreading further.

Nab

We hope she's not capable of doing any significant damage in that time, but whatever damage she did accomplish might be worth it to get rid of Gordon Campbell.
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

Nabcom wrote:LOL

If that is an apology Nicklan, it is accepted.

My view is, we need to keep the Liberal right wing philosophy, but they need to get rid of Gordon Campbell before he and his insiders group sinks them. Unfortunately the party is infested with like minded politicians (and I mean "infested" in a very negative sense, focused mainly on the lower mainland rather than the province as a whole - as in a rats nest).

My hope however is that many of them are ready for retirement and the boneyard too (are ya listing Ralph Sultan?) ;-) What I was anticipating back then was by this point perhaps some substantial portion of the good old boys group would have made a last minute decision not to run again - but unfortunately so far not that many have, and it is probably too late to expect them to now. 4 years from now however it will be an entirely different kettle o fish.

But I tend to agree with steven. Sometimes surprises happen, and perhaps the electorate will give them their walking papers this time round if the left wing and their supporters can focus and eliminate their silly divisions (i.e forget about the Green Party as an option). After all, 4 years of Carol James is not enough time for her to do any significant damage (she isn't capable of doing very much anyway), and a breather from the status quo might be just what the doctor ordered to stop the current ugly disease from spreading further.

Nab

It is coast to coast already
I think our old friend Mulrony helped this along with their Washington,DC lobby crowd.
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

steven lloyd wrote:
Nabcom wrote: After all, 4 years of Carol James is not enough time for her to do any significant damage (she isn't capable of doing very much anyway), and a breather from the status quo might be just what the doctor ordered to stop the current ugly disease from spreading further.

Nab

We hope she's not capable of doing any significant damage in that time, but whatever damage she did accomplish might be worth it to get rid of Gordon Campbell.

Right now it is not very likely
As Carol James is not standing up for British Columbia or British Columbian anything
Real jobs are not a consern for the NDP just yet
That said she could change that, and if she did would easily win as the NDP in Nova Scotia look to be headed to government there bt doing that, I like to think it was because I pushed them to do so, I hope so anyway.
As I said I am to meet this woman, we will see.
:hailjo:
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Dammit! Campbell (and his "friends") really does have to go!!!! This is a pivotal election!

Edit: If you really think about it, it is not just about his influence on BC since becoming Premier in 2001, but rather his prior influence as Mayor of Vancouver starting in 1986 having served for two years as a Vancouver councillor before that.

Almost 25 years of Vancouver and region riding roughshod over this province under his influence or leadership has to be brought to an end!!!

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

Nabcom wrote:Dammit! Campbell (and his "friends") really does have to go!!!! This is a pivotal election!

Edit: If you really think about it, it is not just about his influence on BC since becoming Premier in 2001, but rather his prior influence as Mayor of Vancouver starting in 1986 having served for two years as a Vancouver councillor before that.

Almost 25 years of Vancouver and region riding roughshod over this province under his influence or leadership has to be brought to an end!!!

Nab

Mike Farnsworth contacted me and informed me that the NDP is backing building the steel industry and Shipyard I want to build here in BC. He Claimed that he could speak for the Leader and said so. Mike stated the NDP is going to fully back the Steel Industries, Shipyards that I want to build. He said they would back these, I told him I wanted to build the Offshore drill Ships and Rigs in the shipyard, I told him I wanted to see and hear the leader say so, he says he can deliver that as well as have it made policy of the NDP that all Offshore will be carried out by British Columbians.
That the NDP had to return to our traditional industries where we come from in the first place. Back these and its clear the people of British Columbia will back The Backers Of Our Traditional heavy Industries, Iron and Steel, Steel works, Shipyards, mining and forestry to name a few.
Mike informs me that he knows full well the history of the NDP and our Traditional Industries,iron and steel, steelworks, mining and metals production, oil and gas, forestry to name a few, we must back our Industries So they can show you why they are the Tradition of British Columbians !
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nicklan wrote: Mike Farnsworth contacted me and informed me that the NDP is backing building the steel industry and Shipyard I want to build here in BC. He Claimed that he could speak for the Leader and said so.

:137: I just called Mike and he said he doesn't know anyone named Nicklan ???
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

steven lloyd wrote:
Nicklan wrote: Mike Farnsworth contacted me and informed me that the NDP is backing building the steel industry and Shipyard I want to build here in BC. He Claimed that he could speak for the Leader and said so.

What number did you call him at ?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Nicklan wrote:What number did you call him at ?

He phoned my cell. just a minute ago 867-5309.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nicklan wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:

What number did you call him at ?

His private cell number. He said don't give it to any crazies.
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

Nicklan wrote:
Nabcom wrote:Dammit! Campbell (and his "friends") really does have to go!!!! This is a pivotal election!

Nab

Mike Farnsworth contacted me and informed me that the NDP is backing building the steel industry and Shipyard I want to build here in BC. He Claimed that he could speak for the Leader and said so. Mike stated the NDP is going to fully back the Steel Industries, Shipyards that I want to build. He said they would back these, I told him I wanted to build the Offshore drill Ships and Rigs in the shipyard, I told him I wanted to see and hear the leader say so, he says he can deliver that as well as have it made policy of the NDP that all Offshore will be carried out by British Columbians.
That the NDP had to return to our traditional industries where we come from in the first place. Back these and its clear the people of British Columbia will back The Backers Of Our Traditional heavy Industries, Iron and Steel, Steel works, Shipyards, mining and forestry to name a few.
Mike informs me that he knows full well the history of the NDP and our Traditional Industries,iron and steel, steelworks, mining and metals production, oil and gas, forestry to name a few, we must back our Industries So they can show you why they are the Tradition of British Columbians !

This is Mike Farnsworth
Not some nut with a Skull or some other nick name on here
I am Roger Langille and you folks have a problem with the truth
LeashCops

Post by LeashCops »

Even Americans are re-assessing the role of government in development. As for developing a ship-building industry, like we had before World War 2, Korea and Japan have considerable competitive advantages over Canada. As for drydock work on ferries, we shouldn't be out-sourcing that work. In any case, North Vancouver has always been the only realistic location for ship work.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”