BC Rail: More Questions than Answers...

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
MaryEM

BC Rail: More Questions than Answers...

Post by MaryEM »

I have been sitting back watching the information unfold regarding the "sale" of BC Rail. What I am just shocked about is the fact that the media is not covering this story. Between this story and the back room dealing Gordon Campbell has been having regarding the BC Recognition Act, I think that the leader of our Province has a lot of explaining to do. Two links provided well worth the read if you really care about what is going on in our premier's office, behind closed doors.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... columnists

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... story.html
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: BC Rail: More Questions than Answers...

Post by Merry »

I wish the police would investigate this whole mess and put this story to bed one way or the other! One would think that if the Liberals are totally innocent in all this that they would be asking for such an investigation, just to clear their name. The fact that they don't makes me think there really is something to the suggestion there was something not quite right about this whole BC rail sale. Where are the police when you want them??????
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Pinkie wrote:Where are the police when you want them??????

At the Vancouver Airport greeting new immigrants like only they can.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

The police and the government work together , its easier to hide corruption that way :eyeballspin: all in a days work when you are in power............
nolanrh
Übergod

Post by nolanrh »

Isn't this issue currently on trial as we speak?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

It's my understanding that there are two high level civil servants currently on trial for money laundering and other charges, but there are still some questions regarding the involvement, or otherwise, of certain high level politicians. And it is those questions (allegations?) that I would like to see answered (one way or the other) and put to bed once and for all.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Pinkie wrote:It's my understanding that there are two high level civil servants currently on trial for money laundering and other charges, but there are still some questions regarding the involvement, or otherwise, of certain high level politicians. And it is those questions (allegations?) that I would like to see answered (one way or the other) and put to bed once and for all.

Yes, the Basi-Virk trial, which has been delayed so many times....
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Nicklan
Board Meister

Post by Nicklan »

ghostgirl wrote:I have been sitting back watching the information unfold regarding the "sale" of BC Rail. What I am just shocked about is the fact that the media is not covering this story. Between this story and the back room dealing Gordon Campbell has been having regarding the BC Recognition Act, I think that the leader of our Province has a lot of explaining to do. Two links provided well worth the read if you really care about what is going on in our premier's office, behind closed doors.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... columnists

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... story.html

Unbeliveable, And to think The Movie may be made at the MacLean Groups Vancouver Film Studio's. You couldn't have asked for a better movie, with one Dirty Rat !
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

So is this BC's homegrown version of the Petrocan - shell game?
We're lost but we're making good time.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Pinkie wrote:It's my understanding that there are two high level civil servants currently on trial for money laundering and other charges, but there are still some questions regarding the involvement, or otherwise, of certain high level politicians. And it is those questions (allegations?) that I would like to see answered (one way or the other) and put to bed once and for all.

By the time this electorate figures out how badly they've been defrauded and screwed by this government it will be too late. We will learn next to nothing about this investigation until at least after the election - and that's not an accident.

p.s. how's everyone doing at keeping at straight face and holding your supper down while watching Gordon Campbell spew his propaganda on TV ?
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

steven lloyd wrote:p.s. how's everyone doing at keeping at straight face and holding your supper down while watching Gordon Campbell spew his propaganda on TV ?

The trick is to just not watch... I find it cuts back on the burning bile sensation!

Psst... this guy with Campbell sure looks like Karl Rove:

Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
LeashCops

Post by LeashCops »

BC Rail delays? I don't want to LIBEL-CHILL Castanet, so I can't say a word against the Special Prosecutor. Mr Bernardino is well liked by CONVICT-CAMPBELL. Nuff said.

[/url]http://www.litigationchambers.com/[/url]

[url]www.bcndpcaucus.ca/files/BCR08RCMP/44-Filion0801.pdf[url]

I believe that if CONVICT-CAMPBELL wins, he will sandbag the case by withholding evidence. A criminal process cannot proceed where potential exculpatory evidence exists but is retained for executive privilege. He didn't want to use the "Carosella" sandbag until the election is in. The case would have been whitewashed, except for the fact that 2 hostile police services - Victoria PD and the RCMP - and neither chose collaboration. BC Rail is typical of the way BC does business.

So let the courts decide? Yah, like when the Chief Justice decided a local case, from Vancouver. I am sure Don Brenner had sound reasons for deciding as he did. Yah, real sound.

http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/sc/07/04/2007bcsc0429.htm

And Stonewally's former Appeals Court buddies, backed Brenner up 100%, for real sound reasons.
http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/Jdb-txt/CA/08/00/2008BCCA0081.htm
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

B.C. NDP seeks police probe of controversial BC Rail sale
Last Updated: Monday, April 20, 2009

CBC News

B.C. NDP's Leonard Krog, who is running for re-election in Nanaimo next month, says police should investigate the BC Rail sale in December 2003. (CBC)

The B.C. New Democratic Party wants the RCMP to launch a criminal investigation into the sale of BC Rail and the involvement of a Liberal Party organizer.

The NDP's Leonard Krog, who is running for re-election in Nanaimo next month, made the request on Monday in a letter sent to B.C. RCMP Deputy Commissioner Gary Bass.

At issue are what role Patrick Kinsella — a key B.C. Liberal backroom organizer in the privatization of BC Rail — played in the sale and why his consulting companies received $297,000 from the Crown corporation for undisclosed services between 2002 and 2005, according to documents released by the NDP last month.

The Liberal government sold BC Rail to Canadian National Railway in December 2003, despite campaigning on a promise in the 2001 election to keep it in government hands.

David Basi, who worked for former finance minister Gary Collins, and Bob Virk, an assistant to former transportation minister Judith Reid, are charged with fraud, breach of trust and accepting a benefit in connection with the billion-dollar sale of BC Rail. The case has been mired in procedural disputes for several years, and the actual trial has yet to begin.

Kinsella and Canadian National Railway may have broken the law, because the company allegedly made a payment to Kinsella when he was already under contract to BC Rail, said Krog, a lawyer and Opposition attorney general critic before the legislature was dissolved.

"The issue is, was Mr. Kinsella working both sides of the track? Was CN providing a benefit to him at the same time he was obviously under contract to BC Rail? Whose interests were being protected here?" Krog said Monday.

The Criminal Code of Canada makes it an offence for anyone who has dealings with government to make a payment to a government employee unless that employee has the written consent of a senior government official to receive that payment, Krog said.

NDP strategy 'desperate'

B.C. Liberal Leader Gordon Campbell said Monday the NDP strategy to focus on BC Rail sounds "desperate."

"It's pretty sad what we're seeing, I think, right now with the Opposition — a party that used to be recognized as a party of principle with sound policy ideas, whether people agreed with them or not — becoming a party that looks pretty desperate and pretty expedient," Campbell said.

"And I think that desperation and expediency doesn't work at a time when we have to show stability. We have to have confidence in people in British Columbia."

What desperate tripe from Campbell, but given how easily fooled this electorate has demonstrated itself to be, he is probably correct in presuming people think this is a credible criticism (failing to see the obvious irony). In one comment to this news story one poster wrote “Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you, Mr Campbell, have left us all desperate for honest and open leadership..”
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

[/quote] The Liberal government sold BC Rail to Canadian National Railway in December 2003, despite campaigning on a promise in the 2001 election to keep it in government hands.[/quote]

I addition to breaking up and selling off ownership and/or control of a number of our Crown Corporations and public assets. Lets say I come to you and promise to get your finacial house in order and you hire me (ie. elect me) to do just that. A year later I come back and say good news - everyone (meaning the poor and middle class) had to make sacrifices but we now have a budget surplus. What I don't tell you is that you're now paying rent instead of a mortgage because I sold your home. Feeling good about your future yet?
LeashCops

Post by LeashCops »

BC Rail and other irregularities - land sales by former Solicitor General, John Les, and Oppal's brother for example - can't be properly investigated until we have an independent police and court service.

Will this ever impact on people's brains? Nearly 100% of Motions and Trial findings in Donald Brenner's Supreme Court, are decided to the private benefit of either officers of the court and corporations connected to the Liberal Party, where same are parties.

How? Before she leaped to the Supreme Court of Canada, Bev McLachlin was a law professor, with a less than successful law career. What attracted elites to her was the fact that she co-authored a commentary on BC County cum Supreme Court rules. On the Bench, she was instrumental in devising Rule 18, which permits summary judgement. The effect of Rule 18 enforcement is: connected parties are above law. Currently, Supreme Court fact-finders hear only 425 trials per year. You should have taken notice of the "Queen of the North" case, where parties were pressured by judicial partiality and subjectivity, to settle for nothing in spite of the gross negligence of the offending parties. That was typical of what is happening in the politicized court system.

How are cases fixed? First of all, members of the Defence Bar are excluded from Supreme Court service because they are believed too likely to apply natural justice. Brenner could NOT prohibit Peter Leask from appointment, because that Defence attorney was just short of the mandatory retirement age and he had served on CONVICT-CAMPBELL's "Street Justice" scam. Brenner had second thoughts when Leask used insignificant profanity in a criminal trial. Brenner ensured that AG Oppal had a copy of said profane text on his desk within minutes. Oppal - a former member of the Administrative Law Bar - made preliminary statements on same within a couple of hours, even though the Canadian Judicial Council has nominal jurisdiction.

Second, SCBC judges intentionally falsify judicial declarations by issuing non-sequitor judgments, to the private benefit of the above the law class. Once justice is either frustrated or obstructed, Court Masters - appointed by and accountable only to Brenner - do the dirty (masters may only render judgement on authority of an order by a real judge). Appeals are meaningless. Oppal's old colleagues either refuse to hear bona fide appeals or pronounce: we see no reason to interfere with the court below. Facts are irrelevant.

Third, SCBC administrators induce support from elites within the litigation industry by operating the system in a way that maximizes billing of private citizens. The UK - with 15 times our population - has only 1000 Barristers; BC has 9,000. Because Brenner sandbags trial issues affecting the above-the-law class, attorneys have been encouraged to use Motions court as cash-cows. Court lists data will show applications for "nisi orders.' As noted above a Master may not apply a Rule 18 Obstruction of Justice. But where a real judge makes an Order, then have been allowed to run with it. BC taxpayers and claimants in court, shell out tens of millions of dollars in "nisi order" hearings. Brenner - the con man - doesn't tell his pigeons that Nisi toilet paper can be appealed at will. Generally, Nisi crap costs $840 in court cost if pleadings last an hour ($550 if under same). That is in addition to $62 filing fees plus attorney cost to the loser (anyone suing a member of the above-the-law class).

Fourth, after the Motions circuses have been exhausted, many victims of tort feasants abandon the case, in bankruptcy. The SCBC is a human ruination factory. Even where a judge cannot fix a case, the wage-payer of the robed parasite is screwed in awards. See this rare Trial judgement in the high court. The paid justice facilitator awarded Small Claims peanuts to a man who was scarred for life, after a cop allowed a police dog to chew him up.
http://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/doc/2005/2005bcsc331/2005bcsc331.html

If you think the Provincial Court - again Defence Bar members need not apply - is different, see this case where a man, writhing in agony from a dog bite, was found by a judge (actually a former Deputy Regional Crown Counsel member) to be in need of an injurious kick to the head by a cop. In this case, after the charge was registered against a cop (only because the incident was videotaped and the usual cover up was not possible), a judge ensured that the RCMP animal was allowed to retain full police powers, including use of his service revolver.
http://www.provincialcourt.bc.ca/judgments/pc/2005/01/p05_0188.htm

Judicial findings do not have to be based on facts. The only fact is: if you take a policial, prosecutorial or judicial oath, the usurpatious COURT-CODE will ensure that Loyal members (1% of the population of BC) will screw the people of BC (the 99% who pay the salaries of the worthless parasites who are at war with the rule of law). Justice is in chains in BC. Cops can murder with absolute impunity. Prosecutors can railroad targets at will. Judges can spew deceitful vomit, to advance any fiction needed to advance the parasitic 1%.

So what do we do? We need to do at the time when the FLQ was kidnapping and murdering people: declare that a state of "apprehended insurrection" exists in BC. Then we need to bring justice to anyone who fixed a case, while an officer of the court. After we bring the wild animals to the justice that they denied rights-bearers, we have to confiscate their pensions and personal assets.

Only when corrupt authority is powerless in BC, can those - as in the BC Rail atrocity - wild animals be properly caged, and suffer the public contempt that they deserve. We need more than change in the BC justice system: we need a de-lousing of the vermin who are sucking our blood. In an amoral swamp, the scum floats to the top.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”