Alan Clarke - Independent

Castanet News
Administrator

Alan Clarke - Independent

Post by Castanet News »

This thread is for discussion of Alan Clarke, independent candidate in Kelowna-Lake Country.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Re: Alan Clarke - Independent

Post by grumpydigger »

Alan would certainly drive Gordo nut if he got in.....
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

Alan Clarke, the independent that, on his signs, uses a C in his name (on his signs) in the same script as this (but without the maple leaf).

Image...
mileslehn

Post by mileslehn »

As to the Federal Conservative C being used by Mr. Clarke. I believe it denotes he is a member of the Federal Party and because the Federal Party has neither a copyright nor registered trade mark on the C then it is open for use, one would think. More importantly the Federal party supports no provincial party and I beleive Al is showing people his strong support of Ron and all Federal M.P.'s. All Federal Conservatives know that the Prime Minister has no use for Gordon Campbell and the carbon tax. Unfortunately the NDP oppose the tax along with the B.C. Conservatives, whom I am a board member of. The difference is that the NDP see it as a vote getting, politically correct issue but in reality do support the tax and would announce that, upon second review the tax is the best way to deal with paying the enormous deficit that they have been left with by the Liberals, should they form government. Hopefully the electorate will see that the best thing to do is vote for someone other than the NDP or Liberals so as to elect someone who would probably hold the balance of power is in the best interests of all. Even though my party's candidate is a new comer to Kelowna I would hope she is at least considered as one of the choices over the NDP and Liberal candidates.
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

Heaven help us if this man gets in...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

theferniefinch wrote:Heaven help us if this man gets in...

Because...?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

After attending the forum last night in Joe Rich I was surprised by Alan's lack of respect to the other candidates. His constant negativity was a turn-off. There is a difference between passionate and being angry. I did not hear what his ideas, plans and suggestions were because he was so concerned about attacking the other parties.

His statements that First Nations do not pay taxes and therefore do not deserve to claim treaties on land which was taken from them, people with university degrees do not have common sense and fear mongering about children dieing on the highway was offending. A more positive approach with solid plans of his ideas would be far more successful than negative rhetoric. Not to say he should not call out other candidates, but there is a point when we have to be motivated by proaction, not reaction!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thanks, theferniefinch. That makes sense.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Gaetane Daigle

Post by Gaetane Daigle »

In response to the Joe Rich Forum, as a concerned citizen of this province and of the Kelowna- Lake Country riding, I attended the forum and
my observations of all the candidate's response on the questions asked by the public, the only candidate that responded with knowledge and experience on the subjects, was indeed Alan Clarke. More people should pay attention to what Alan Clarke has to say because he knows what he is talking about. He has me convinced of his abilities to represent this riding in Victoria. We need someone with a backbone and that can stand up to whoever the elected leader is going to be. Alan Clarke has the Drive, Knowledge, Experience, Common sense, Compassion, Accountability, Balance and Hard Work Ethics. "IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE"
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

I am not questioning Alan's knowledge and experience...I am questioning is lack of respect. I feel that if he can begin to show me what he can do for this community instead of what the BC Liberals have not done, I will listen. However, as an individual of some First Nation's decent, a university degree and a youth of the area, he has not gained my vote through his negative rhetoric.
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

I hope you remember judyfreewoman that there are other people in this riding that want to be represented...positively and proactively...
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

Please quit abusing this forum and the political process, you BC Liberals :purefury: have already done enough damage! Give it a rest finch, fly back to Fernie! :sunshine:

Wow! First, I will ignore your rude and personal attacks...I would ask that you please quit abusing the forum to launch hasty comments at people.

The point of this forum is to learn what other people have to say, share ideas and motivate discussion. So if I do not agree with you, do not take it personally, show me why...do not use haste, it will not get you far and it does not advance your plight for Alan Clark...

Your obviously new to the community, by your nickname, I'll guess your related to Norm Letnick.

I have lived in the community for 5 years for university and I have completed my degree from the new UBCO, which I will thank the BC Liberals for. I would hope that this will qualify me to vote? Either way, Fernie is in BC, this is a PROVINCIAL election.

And yes, I will be voting BC Liberal...before this, a Green Party voter for 4 years...I do not believe in adhering myself to a political party, I will vote for who will work for me, my community, my future, the environment which we have been left to fix etc. Which is why I attended the forum. I am not right wing, left wing or a Federal Conservative...and anyways, this would be beside the point.

I am not related to Norm...I do not know where you would get that from? I did not know Norm until he began running for the candidacy, he put a lot of effort into reaching out to youth and spent a lot of time talking to many of us about our future, as you know, we will be the leaders of this province. He approached me, and many others. This shows me his commitment and understanding of what young people need and ask for. Politicians just need to take time to do it.

It's become very clear " ferniefinch ", that you do not understand or even no Alan Clarke, we home grown Kelowna Lake Country girls just adore him.

No, I do not understand Alan. Never claimed to, I could not get passed the point of negativity. As 1 of the only 3 youth at the Joe Rich forum, he was the only candidate that did not take time to approach us. This is the problem with many political candidates...and they wonder why youth do not vote. He offended things of which I am, I have a university degree and First Nations background and I DO pay taxes. My problem with Alan is that he does not represent me, the youth, the future...from what I have gathered. Maybe if he spent more time at the forum explaining this, instead of screaming non-sense about First Nations, prostitutes, marijuana and abortions...I would have compassion. At this point, no way.
thebigderksen

Post by thebigderksen »

I could be wrong, but isn't this the same nut bar that wanted to put a pig farm next to the North Glenmore Elementary school? I've lived in North Glenmore for 17 years and I seem to recall several incidents with Mr. Clarke. There was also the time when the government wouldn't let him take his land out of the ALR, so to voice his dislike to that decision he would blast off his propane cannon (apparently to keep the birds out of his orchard) every minute on the minute from sunrise to sunset. Sounds to me like a real winner.
issueman
Übergod

Post by issueman »

The real surprise at the Joe Rich All Candidates meeting was the performance of Kelly Hayes.
Only 4 questions were asked in the whole 2 hour evening.
he refused B.C. ambulance service questions.
Then he got into arguments as to how to answer the 4 questions during and after the meeting.
And was quite rude to some of those attending.
Most undignified for a regional director!
strikes&gutters
Board Meister

Post by strikes&gutters »

Gaetane Daigle wrote:In response to the Joe Rich Forum, as a concerned citizen of this province and of the Kelowna- Lake Country riding, I attended the forum and
my observations of all the candidate's response on the questions asked by the public, the only candidate that responded with knowledge and experience on the subjects, was indeed Alan Clarke. More people should pay attention to what Alan Clarke has to say because he knows what he is talking about. He has me convinced of his abilities to represent this riding in Victoria. We need someone with a backbone and that can stand up to whoever the elected leader is going to be. Alan Clarke has the Drive, Knowledge, Experience, Common sense, Compassion, Accountability, Balance and Hard Work Ethics. "IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE"

Gaetane, you should probably also have mentioned that you are Alan's Official Agent and Campaign Manager.

Return to “Kelowna-Lake Country”