Norm Letnick - BC Liberal

Matthew Reed
Fledgling

Re: Norm Letnick - BC Liberal

Post by Matthew Reed »

"He spoke clearly and WITHOUT NOTES"

Since this is IN CAPS SO EVERYONE NOTICES I had to respond.

Every candidate had notes and/or prepared intros. I sat beside him and yes we both had notes.

Blessings,

Matthew Reed - New Democrat - Kelowna Lake Country
http://matthewreed.bcndp.ca/
strikes&gutters
Board Meister

Post by strikes&gutters »

Just to clarify my post. What I meant was that when he spoke he did not hold or refer to his notes.

Neither did Matthew, nor did Alan Clarke.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Mary-Ann, who read constantly from prepared notes.
strikes&gutters
Board Meister

Post by strikes&gutters »

Al Czervic wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:
How to completely ignore the concerns of the poster. No wonder you support Campbell. You're completely like him (except he gets cutbacks from foreign corporations at your expense - guess he's smarter than you after all).

In all fairness the poster is a complete loon. How do you respond to someone in a factual way when they present allegations that are untrue? Comments like “the black plaque” may reflect a person’s personal opinion and one can only respond expressing an opinion of their own; pretty much exactly what strikes&gutters did.

Hopefully the tone in these threads can remain civil and “judyfreewomen” can find a way to express herself and political views without the added over the top hysteria.

Stevenlloyd,

What happened there was that I clicked on "quote" rather than just "reply". My post has been edited to remove the other quote.
Matthew Reed
Fledgling

Post by Matthew Reed »

I have been labeled the "free thinker" of the party, so I really do not think I have been scripted.

Of course we have notes so that we remember are main points. But heck, it also prevents us from Ummm, Ahhhh and stuttering through a debate that is to answer your questions.

However there are some Kelowna-Lake Country candidates that have almost ever answer on a sheet in front of them.

Matthew Reed
New Democrat
Kelowna - Lake Country
http://matthewreed.bcndp.ca/
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Matthew Reed wrote:I have been labeled the "free thinker" of the party, so I really do not think I have been scripted.

I appreciate that you have joined the forum. It is nice to see a prospective candidate on here.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Dood. Relax with the bold text, it's almost as bad as caps lock yelling. I'm sure you can get your spammy point across with normal text. You are voting for Alan, good for you, we get it.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I've listened to all candidates on AM1150 debate, and Norm I think is the only one who actually was able to tie sentences together and make sense. Green lady wasn't too far behind. Rest of them...it was painful to listen.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Matthew Reed
Fledgling

Post by Matthew Reed »

AM 1150:

That could be from the book of stats and scripts that were in front of Norm.

and

The Liberal supporters at the station had a different view of the Kelowna -Lake Country debate. Are you sure it was AM 1150? I believe that Norm even called me a liar. A liar because I will hold the Liberals accountable for the following.

To clarify the first question from that program. Yes, the Liberals have created more assisted living beds, but they have only provided 800 of the 5000 residential care beds promised 8 years ago.

George Abbott even admits the 800 number. I am a liar? Guess not!

Lack of residential care beds is what creates code purples. We have too many people stuck in hospital acute care beds that need to be in residential care. Assisted living will not work for these people, the fastest solution is residential care beds. Seniors need better care, in turn we will have a more efficient health care system.

Blessings,

Matt
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

TRUE CONSERVATIVE wrote:Why should any Kelowna Lake Country resident vote for Norm Letnick :spinball: Letnick is not even a resident of the Riding :purefury: He's a resident of the Mission area, he resides at 2416 Abbott Street. Norm why are you running in Lake Country, you don't even live here or know the constituents. Why are you not runniing in your own riding Kelowna Mission, were you belong and reside. :spinball: Your nothing but a political oppurtunist, I really take acception to what your doing, if you had one shred of morality, you'd withdraw from this election campaign, your a complete fraud in my eyes :purefury: Kelowna Lake Country, is a Conservative riding for individuals like Ron Cannan MP - North Glenmore resident and Alan CLARKE :sunshine: :hailjo: a born and raised 49 year old LOYAL CONSERVATIVE, North Glenmore resident with deep roots in the whole constituency, FROM GLENMORE TO RUTLAND TO LAKE COUNTRY.

NOT FOR SOME FLY BY NIGHT PARACHUTING BC LIBERAL, SEEKING A BC LIBERAL GOLD-PLATED SALARY & PENSION, LIKE AL HORNING & SINDI HAWKINS. :purefury: SORRY NORM, I USE TO RESPECT YOU, YOU'VE LOST MY RESPECT TOTALLY :purefury:

I'LL BE VOTING FOR CLARKE, JUST ON THESE PRINCIPLES ALONE! :sunshine: I ADVISE ALL OTHER VOTERS TO VOTE FOR A CANDIDATE, THAT LIVES, PLAYS AND RESIDES IN YOUR COMMUNITY.

THIS TRULY SHOW'S THE ARROGANCE OF THESE BC CAMPBELL LIBERALS, TOWARDS THE VOTERS!
AND KELOWNA LAKE COUNTRY!

Can you tell us again who you will be voting for ? It was not very clear in your post….
Back with a vengeance
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Matthew Reed wrote:AM 1150:

That could be from the book of stats and scripts that were in front of Norm.

and

The Liberal supporters at the station had a different view of the Kelowna -Lake Country debate. Are you sure it was AM 1150? I believe that Norm even called me a liar. A liar because I will hold the Liberals accountable for the following.

To clarify the first question from that program. Yes, the Liberals have created more assisted living beds, but they have only provided 800 of the 5000 residential care beds promised 8 years ago.

George Abbott even admits the 800 number. I am a liar? Guess not!

Lack of residential care beds is what creates code purples. We have too many people stuck in hospital acute care beds that need to be in residential care. Assisted living will not work for these people, the fastest solution is residential care beds. Seniors need better care, in turn we will have a more efficient health care system.

Blessings,

Matt

How about we compare the record of 10 years of NDP versus 10 years of BC Liberals. This seems a more fair comparison than spinning bed numbers....

the BC Liberals have built 5,896 net new units and have upgraded and replaced a further 6,539 units. That is 12,435 new units since 2001. In contrast the NDP only built approximately 1,400 net new beds in the entire 10 years they were in power.
However, the best measure of success in improving access to seniors beds is wait times. Wait times for access to residential care have dropped from up to one year under the NDP to an average of 15 – 90 days today.

Anyone notice how the NDP Platform is all about trying to smear what the BC Liberals did or according to the NDP did not do ? Notice how they never put their own record forward in comparisons? Because that is the first thing people ask. Let’s compare track records….those results speak for themselves.
Back with a vengeance
Matthew Reed
Fledgling

Post by Matthew Reed »

It was 8 years of Liberal power not 10.

I said I agreed that they created assisted living beds.

The code purples and stress on health care workers is because of the lack of residential care beds.

George Abbott admitted, as seen in the Province, that the Liberal provided 800 of 5000 Residential Care beds.

We could create 100 000 assisted living beds and it would not make a lick of difference.

Are you aware of the interconnection, and difference, between Residential, Assisted Living and Acute Care?

Please take a quick read on the difference in beds, and level care for that matter, and then talk to a nurse at KGH. After talking to nurses and health care workers it is clear as day that there is still a problem.

The KGH expansion will contain no new Residential Care beds! Only more hallways and acute care beds to let emergency patients wait for 6 hours instead of 4. Ah that is beside the point.

I encourage everyone to see the relationship between the 3 different types of beds and the level of care needed.

Matt_
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Al Czervic wrote:
I'LL BE VOTING FOR CLARKE, JUST ON THESE PRINCIPLES ALONE! :sunshine: I ADVISE ALL OTHER VOTERS TO VOTE FOR A CANDIDATE, THAT LIVES, PLAYS AND RESIDES IN YOUR COMMUNITY.

THIS TRULY SHOW'S THE ARROGANCE OF THESE BC CAMPBELL LIBERALS, TOWARDS THE VOTERS!
[/b]

Can you tell us again who you will be voting for ? It was not very clear in your post….

Oh great, Al. Sarcasm didn't work on this guy so he just had to sign in under a different name and repost the whole thing again.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

CaptainAwesome wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:

[/b]

Oh great, Al. Sarcasm didn't work on this guy so he just had to sign in under a different name and repost the whole thing again.

I agree...Does it seem that "Judyfreewomen", TRUE CONSERVATIVE" and "Russel-Winfield" are the same? Or know each other? They all use bold, CAPITAL letters with excessive :sunshine: and :purefury: smilies, along with a strange obsession of Alan Clarke on every other candidates threads?
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

First of all the candidate should know the problems that are most important to local voters. Remember the winning candidate must first do what is best for the province in this case even though they represent local interests. The health of the province has the most impact on a local area.
It does look very strange however to have an election of convenience where the candidates by and large don't live in the riding or they belong to two different ideologies.
As for STV there is no way I would support it, for the reason stated above. As a voter I support one
particular group and I will support only one candidate. This system provides for more than one belief. Personally I belive an election is really a civil war without guns and I would only vote one name on the ballot. It is called plumping
Matthew Reed
Fledgling

Post by Matthew Reed »

FYI

I have lived in Kelowna - Lake Country for 16 years and have only been on the westside for 1 year.

Honesty, it was getting to the point that my wife and I were going to leave the Okanagan because it was just too expensive.

So yes, I do live on the westside. However I have lived in Kelowna - Lake Country longer than Norm has even lived in the Valley. Heck, I even went to the old OUC. I know this constituency like the back of my hand.

Matt

Return to “Kelowna-Lake Country”