Alan Clarke - Independent

Phoenix Within
Guru

Re: Alan Clarke - Independent

Post by Phoenix Within »

soulra wrote:Nope, he's a true conservative(TM). More conservative than those other wussy conservatives. So conservative that the conservatives don't want him.

<sarcasm>Wow! That's a REAL Conservative, with a capital "C"! He's got my vote!!! </sarcasm>
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Russell - Winfield

Post by Russell - Winfield »

" Sourla" you me he's so far right of the political spectram that he Campbell, is Facist?

What ever the case BC needs a change, that was evident in tonights TV debate, the fact is that all three parties in tonights debate have lost their way, the debate was " like watching concrete set up" boring and a real sleeper, three weak knee'd Leaders, no right vs. right, Hanni should of been in the debate, that would of changed everything, especially for Campbell who tonight lost anyway, what ever their was to lose? Again boring.
Russell - Winfield

BC Liberal implement 2 new user fees for all Kelowna Lake Country residents.

1. A user fee "called a carbon tax" for operating vehicles on a per daily basis.

2. A user fee against all students who need to take a bus to school daily.

Do you realize under the Liberal government in British Columbia we the voters pay 11% more on provincial fuel taxes, than Albertan's pay under a Progressive Conservative government their.

I happen to notice on Alan Clarke's website at http://www.electclarke.ca that under his Vision and Plan for our riding, their would be " no carbon tax" or user fees to operate a vehicle in BC, no user fees charged against students using school buses, and a 5% reduction in provincial fuel taxes, very interesting and proactive, great for the local economy and families.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Russell - Winfield wrote:I happen to notice on Alan Clarke's website at http://www.electclarke.ca that under his Vision and Plan for our riding, their would be " no carbon tax" or user fees to operate a vehicle in BC, no user fees charged against students using school buses, and a 5% reduction in provincial fuel taxes, very interesting and proactive, great for the local economy and families.

The problems arising from over-consumption of fossil fuels are real and immediate. Where does Mr. Clarke suggest we get the money to combat these problems if not from those contributing to the problems?

I can't help but notice that Mr. Clarke's vision for Lake country consists of sweeping tax cuts coupled with some pretty ambitious capital projects. Now I'm no accountant but doesn't this translate into increasing government debt?

He has latched on to a large number of issues that carry an "us-against-them" relationship between the government and the electorate. This might be a good way to garner votes, but in reality, how much power does an independent member have to effect real change without the support of other members?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

steven lloyd wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote: Their's no middle of the road here. Liberal's support Carbon Taxation, Conservatives Do Not. Campbell is a Liberal.

Liberals also recognize our capitalist system, while a great system in principle, is inherently flawed in creating systemic inequality. A Liberal government, founded on the ideological principles of Liberalism, would support efforts to redress those inequalities – not make welfare harder to get and arbitrarily kick thousands out on to the streets. Liberals would not close couthouses, reduce funding the Corrections, Crown and Court staff, and then cut thousands of people off welfare to live on the streets. In fact, I don’t even think an extremist Conservative would be as stupid to do that. But then this Liberal government believes this electorate is completely gullible, and why wouldn't they? We're going to re-elect them again.

A Liberal government, founded on the ideological principles of Liberalism, believes in a certain amount of public ownership and control over public resources, and in the idea private corporations have social responsibility. I fail completely to see (as I’m sure many here do) how Gordon Campbell could be defined as a Liberal because he supports one issue you say does not make him a conservative. Bottom line is he supports a tax that will be felt less by the wealthiest and corporations in BC while hardest hitting the low and middle income people and rural BC. Whatever Campbell is (besides an ideological megomaniac), he is not a Liberal in the true meaning of the word. He is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, and the ordinary people of this province are the sheep.

Thanks but no thanks for shoving Campbell into the conservative camp. I'd place him as a corporatist, which is one corner of the statist or collectivist camp. He's no friend to conservatives.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Russell - Winfield

I agree, he is no friend to us, Conservatives, and that is really evident in his vision and fiscal policies here in the heartlands, and his total disregard and disrespect for rural British Columbians. As I've previously reported and outlined in this thread and this forum. " Gordon Campbell the Premier who proclaimed he had the midas touch, and was going to leave all of us with a Golden Decade, has left us holding a bag of fool's gold, and a Golden Decade of Debt and Deficit"
Today in Rutland the Liberals cancelled, committed funding for an assissted housing project, the latest example of their disregard for Kelowna Lake Country. On May 12th voters need to unite and vote for Independence, so our community voice is heard in Victoria.
Russell - Winfield

flüffy wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote:I happen to notice on Alan Clarke's website at http://www.electclarke.ca that under his Vision and Plan for our riding, their would be " no carbon tax" or user fees to operate a vehicle in BC, no user fees charged against students using school buses, and a 5% reduction in provincial fuel taxes, very interesting and proactive, great for the local economy and families.

The problems arising from over-consumption of fossil fuels are real and immediate. Where does Mr. Clarke suggest we get the money to combat these problems if not from those contributing to the problems?

I can't help but notice that Mr. Clarke's vision for Lake country consists of sweeping tax cuts coupled with some pretty ambitious capital projects. Now I'm no accountant but doesn't this translate into increasing government debt?

He has latched on to a large number of issues that carry an "us-against-them" relationship between the government and the electorate. This might be a good way to garner votes, but in reality, how much power does an independent member have to effect real change without the support of other members?
If you look closer at Alan Clarke's vision and plan on his website: http://www.electclarke.ca You'll actually see a very balanced economic approach in the way his whole vision comes together, something no one, or any political party is talking about so far in this election is less government and prudent fiscal management of government revenues, which are the highlight of Alan Clarke's overall plan for us.
By making government smaller, eliminating corporate welfare subsidies, and tighting up government purse strings in other areas like health care, and overall government waste, Alan is able to eliminate many of the fees and government tax burdens we face now. This in itself stimulates an economy. No one out their can question his passion and dedication to us voters and taxpayers, in his plan. He even has some outside the box and common sense measures in his plan to help us combat climate change as a community, and as individuals. Alan's plan deserves a very close read, and should be taken seriously by voters, and the business community in this election. His plan makes common sense, he's a pretty intelligent cookie. http://www.electclarke.ca
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I don't see it Russel. I think it's a lot of pie-in-the-sky to think that an independent could gain enough support from sitting members for changes so radical. I'm not saying that they aren't good ideas, but he can't pull it off on his own, and there seems to be something there to threaten just about every member of government, elected or not.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

...and tighting up government purse strings in other areas like health care,

What does that mean?
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Hellomynameis wrote:
...and tighting up government purse strings in other areas like health care,

What does that mean?

If it means what I think it means, he's really out to lunch!
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Russell - Winfield

Their's millions of dollars of waste in our health-care system, the whole health-care system needs a complete overall and Auditors General Review, that's what Alan is talking about, lack of accountability in our health care system, its been out of control "status quo" under both the Liberal and NDP governments for the last two decades...................
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

Russell - Winfield wrote:Their's millions of dollars of waste in our health-care system, the whole health-care system needs a complete overall and Auditors General Review, that's what Alan is talking about, lack of accountability in our health care system, its been out of control "status quo" under both the Liberal and NDP governments for the last two decades...................

And, what does that mean?
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Russell - Winfield

*removed off topic remark - Jennylives. Also please don't use all caps.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Russell - Winfield wrote:Their's millions of dollars of waste in our health-care system,

Such as?

PS: The word you're looking for is "There's"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Russell - Winfield wrote:I'm very pleased that you recognize the "carbon tax" as a Liberal plank , both at the Provincial Liberal level, and at the Federal Liberal level. A Liberal is a Liberal. A Conservative is a Conservative. Their's no middle of the road here. Liberal's support Carbon Taxation, Conservatives Do Not.

Campbell is a Liberal :coffeecanuck: again, try again

Ignatiaff is a Liberal :127: Okay

Harper is a Conservative :coffeecanuck: try again

Clarke is a Conservative. :127: wait and see
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Kelowna-Lake Country”