Alan Clarke - Independent

Russell - Winfield

Re: Alan Clarke - Independent

Post by Russell - Winfield »

Hellomynameis wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote:Their's millions of dollars of waste in our health-care system, the whole health-care system needs a complete overall and Auditors General Review, that's what Alan is talking about, lack of accountability in our health care system, its been out of control "status quo" under both the Liberal and NDP governments for the last two decades...................

And, what does that mean?
Exactly what it means, is that health care delivery and the current system of administering and managing health care in British Columbia requires a complete overall, review and a new systems approach of delivering affordable and long-term sustainable health care, over the current Liberal and NDP " status quo approach of continuing to deliver unsustainable health care delivery in BC ". Perhaps, "Universal Health Care Client Caps and Deductables, to deter abuse of a system, that the taxpayers and voters can no longer afford, in a Liberal and NDP deficit and deteriating economy"
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Russell - Winfield wrote:Exactly what it means, is that health care delivery and the current system of administering and managing health care in British Columbia requires a complete overall, review and a new systems approach of delivering affordable and long-term sustainable health care, over the current Liberal and NDP " status quo approach of continuing to deliver unsustainable health care delivery in BC ". Perhaps, "Universal Health Care Client Caps and Deductables, to deter abuse of a system, that the taxpayers and voters can no longer afford, in a Liberal and NDP deficit and deteriating economy"

All I got out of that was a whole lot of political double-speak, but whatever...

Hey Russel, whay aren't you running? You seem to be more willing to address the issues than your cantidate is.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Russell - Winfield

whatisupcastanet wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote:I'm very pleased that you recognize the "carbon tax" as a Liberal plank , both at the Provincial Liberal level, and at the Federal Liberal level. A Liberal is a Liberal. A Conservative is a Conservative. Their's no middle of the road here. Liberal's support Carbon Taxation, Conservatives Do Not.

Campbell is a Liberal :coffeecanuck: again, try again

Ignatiaff is a Liberal :127: Okay

Harper is a Conservative :coffeecanuck: try again

Clarke is a Conservative. :127: wait and see

I guess you could say, Campbell is a political Heinz 57, I don't think even Campbell himself know's what he is anymore, as a voter, land owner and taxpayer I do know, "he's the pioneer politician of the carbon tax, and does not believe in property rights, and no longer believes in Balanced Budget legislation, and is running in this election on his record of high priced and big government, a 36 percent increase on spending over 2003 levels, and on deficit accounting principles, sounds like a spending, big government Liberal to me, if not. Exactly what are these BC Liberals? Their sure not Socreds or Conservatives! Especially not old Socreds! see an old socred website: http://www.electclarke.ca
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

Russell - Winfield wrote: Exactly what it means, is that health care delivery and the current system of administering and managing health care in British Columbia requires a complete overall, review and a new systems approach of delivering affordable and long-term sustainable health care, over the current Liberal and NDP " status quo approach of continuing to deliver unsustainable health care delivery in BC ". Perhaps, "Universal Health Care Client Caps and Deductables, to deter abuse of a system, that the taxpayers and voters can no longer afford, in a Liberal and NDP deficit and deteriating economy"

Ugh, my pit bull can tell you wait times are bad and need to be fixed, should we elect her?

So:

- What is specifically wrong with healthcare delivery, not the symptoms but the actual mechanism or lack of one that is the problem?
-What is Alan's solution to that problem?

- What is specifically wrong with the current system of administering and managing health care?

- What is the new "systems approach" proposed by Alan?

-What are the details of "Universal Health Care Client Caps and Deductables"? Sounds like private insurance to me.

-What constitutes "Abuse of the system", examples?

-How, as an independent, is Alan even going to begin to address these issues? Specifics.
Last edited by hellomynameis on May 4th, 2009, 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Russell - Winfield

Phoenix Within wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote:Exactly what it means, is that health care delivery and the current system of administering and managing health care in British Columbia requires a complete overall, review and a new systems approach of delivering affordable and long-term sustainable health care, over the current Liberal and NDP " status quo approach of continuing to deliver unsustainable health care delivery in BC ". Perhaps, "Universal Health Care Client Caps and Deductables, to deter abuse of a system, that the taxpayers and voters can no longer afford, in a Liberal and NDP deficit and deteriating economy"

All I got out of that was a whole lot of political double-speak, but whatever...

Hey Russel, whay aren't you running? You seem to be more willing to address the issues than your cantidate is.
*deleted/Jo* Alan is a collegue, and I'm one of many constituents that has volunteered to help him over the course of this election campaign, Alan has a full plate right now making public appearances, going door to door in the riding and answering his telephone calls and responding to numerous emails.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Russell - Winfield wrote:
whatisupcastanet wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote:I'm very pleased that you recognize the "carbon tax" as a Liberal plank , both at the Provincial Liberal level, and at the Federal Liberal level. A Liberal is a Liberal. A Conservative is a Conservative. Their's no middle of the road here. Liberal's support Carbon Taxation, Conservatives Do Not.

Campbell is a Liberal :coffeecanuck: again, try again

Ignatiaff is a Liberal :127: Okay

Harper is a Conservative :coffeecanuck: try again

Clarke is a Conservative. :127: wait and see

I guess you could say, Campbell is a political Heinz 57, I don't think even Campbell himself know's what he is anymore, as a voter, land owner and taxpayer I do know, "he's the pioneer politician of the carbon tax, and does not believe in property rights, and no longer believes in Balanced Budget legislation, and is running in this election on his record of high priced and big government, a 36 percent increase on spending over 2003 levels, and on deficit accounting principles, sounds like a spending, big government Liberal to me, if not. Exactly what are these BC Liberals? Their sure not Socreds or Conservatives! Especially not old Socreds! see an old socred website: http://www.electclarke.ca

Okay "Russell-Winfield" I will give you a hint the Premier & PM are cut from the same cloth ( I'm not talking tory ) I know that this will cause some people to block my posts so be it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Russell - Winfield wrote:You might want to check your spelling on your last post.

Typing may be bad, but my grammar is correct. :D

Alan has a full plate right now making public appearances, going door to door in the riding and answering his telephone calls and responding to numerous emails.

Yet missing the opportunity to answer questions directly in a mass-marketing media. Right.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I'd like to hear a little more about the problems with the health care system, and hear Mr. Clarke's ideas on how to remedy them. Be specific please.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

flüffy wrote:I'd like to hear a little more about the problems with the health care system, and hear Mr. Clarke's ideas on how to remedy them. Be specific please.

As an aging boomer, so would I.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Russell - Winfield wrote:Alan is a collegue, and I'm one of many constituents that has volunteered to help him over the course of this election campaign, Alan has a full plate right now making public appearances, going door to door in the riding and answering his telephone calls and responding to numerous emails.

Funny, that doesn't seem to stop some of the other candidates from utilising this forum as a means of communication reaching out to thousands of readers in Kelowna. Perhaps you can answer this on Alan's behalf for us: if he is too busy to pay any attention to those of us who are wanting to hear from him before the election, how can we expect him to listen to us and provide representation on our behalf after the election?

This whole campaign process is just a very lengthy job interview. So far I'm not impressed.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Russell - Winfield

mechanic_virus wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote:Alan is a collegue, and I'm one of many constituents that has volunteered to help him over the course of this election campaign, Alan has a full plate right now making public appearances, going door to door in the riding and answering his telephone calls and responding to numerous emails.

Funny, that doesn't seem to stop some of the other candidates from utilising this forum as a means of communication reaching out to thousands of readers in Kelowna. Perhaps you can answer this on Alan's behalf for us: if he is too busy to pay any attention to those of us who are wanting to hear from him before the election, how can we expect him to listen to us and provide representation on our behalf after the election?

This whole campaign process is just a very lengthy job interview. So far I'm not impressed.
If your so concerned, phone Alan at: 250-762-0733 or drop him an email at: alan@ electclarke.ca , we just arrived back at the office, after watching with joy, the Rockets defeat the Calgary Hitmen 2-0 and take a commanding 3-0 lead in the series. Congradulations Rockets on your win tonight! Alan is back on the campaign trail tomorrow, see http://www.electclarke.ca
Russell - Winfield

Hellomynameis wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote: Exactly what it means, is that health care delivery and the current system of administering and managing health care in British Columbia requires a complete overall, review and a new systems approach of delivering affordable and long-term sustainable health care, over the current Liberal and NDP " status quo approach of continuing to deliver unsustainable health care delivery in BC ". Perhaps, "Universal Health Care Client Caps and Deductables, to deter abuse of a system, that the taxpayers and voters can no longer afford, in a Liberal and NDP deficit and deteriating economy"

Ugh, my pit bull can tell you wait times are bad and need to be fixed, should we elect her?

So:

- What is specifically wrong with healthcare delivery, not the symptoms but the actual mechanism or lack of one that is the problem?

- What is specifically wrong with the current system of administering and managing health care?

- What is the new "systems approach" proposed by Alan?

-What are the details of "Universal Health Care Client Caps and Deductables"? Sounds like private insurance to me.

-What constitutes "Abuse of the system", examples?

-How, as an independent, is Alan even going to begin to address these issues? Specifics.
The exact same way any other MLA deals with these types of issues, as an INDEPENDENT its actually simpler and faster to get bills on the order paper, you don't have a political parties partisan position, it's membership and policies, to consider and try and circumvent, you can go straight to the point and actually get the job done. Its a great advantage being an INDEPENDENT, your only master is your constituents, your not bound by political party partisanship.
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

As an independent in this province Alan won't even be heard. An independent has little or no chance of being elected, and this won't be any different from any other election. The problem I have with this candidate is that he refuses to embrace the new medium of the internet which allows for communication one on one, And for the life of me, I can't understand why
Russell - Winfield

Alan Clarke the INDEPENDENT is sure attracting a lot of attention in this thread, compared to the main stream political parties in this election campaign to date. I guess that's the advantage of being an INDEPENDENT, you really get to have your say, engage and debate your colleagues and fully express yourself and your voice in both your constituency, the media and Victoria, without reprisals and intimidation from a partisan political party. You then become only accountable to those who elected you, your constituents.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Russell - Winfield wrote:....I guess that's the advantage of being an INDEPENDENT, you really get to have your say, engage and debate your colleagues and fully express yourself and your voice in both your constituency, the media and Victoria, without reprisals and intimidation from a partisan political party. You then become only accountable to those who elected you, your constituents.

That makes me wonder even more about his reluctance to face the electorate on this particular forum, but I suppose if his ability to give a direct answer to a direct question is no better than yours Russel, that it would be best for his campaign if he didn't show up here. I get some pretty nasty vibes from a candidate who claims he wants to carry the conscience of his constituents to Victoria but is conspicuously absent from arenas where those same constituents are voicing their concerns. It carries an appearance of "Do as I say and not as I do", and we already have plenty of that in Victoria.

To review:

Questions outstanding -

Specifics on where the health care system is failing and specifics on proposed remedies.

Greater detail on how extensive tax/fee reductions are going to be harmonized with the ambitious capital projects and government restructuring mentioned on Mr. Clarke's website.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Kelowna-Lake Country”