Don't Vote 2009

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Don't Vote 2009

Post by NoOne »

NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

Robbins SCE Research Inc. ©2009

Don't Vote BC--May 09--is supported by majority of British Columbians--ROBBINS
Jan 27, 2009

A random sample of 608 British Columbians between January 20-28, 2009. Margin of error approximates (4.4%)-19 times out of 20 @95%. An Honourarium was paid by Jim Van Rassel--who states that an increase in voters--the same number of voters---or a decrease in voters--in the next provincial election in May 2009 is "ALL GOOD".

Question #1
In your opinion, can an individual British Columbian, “You”---make a difference and initiate positive change to the political system in the province?
Yes 14.0 %
No 74.3 %
Undecided 6.6 %
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

NoOne wrote:Robbins SCE Research Inc. ©2009

Don't Vote BC--May 09--is supported by majority of British Columbians--ROBBINS
Jan 27, 2009

A random sample of 608 British Columbians between January 20-28, 2009. Margin of error approximates (4.4%)-19 times out of 20 @95%. An Honourarium was paid by Jim Van Rassel--who states that an increase in voters--the same number of voters---or a decrease in voters--in the next provincial election in May 2009 is "ALL GOOD".

Question #1
In your opinion, can an individual British Columbian, “You”---make a difference and initiate positive change to the political system in the province?
Yes 14.0 %
No 74.3 %
Undecided 6.6 %

Are we to assume that question relates only to voting at election time NoOne? ...and not to getting involved in any way between elections?

And is it only up to a sitting MLA (or MP, or Mayor, or local councillor) to seek out and communicate with his/her constituents between elections, or should more onus be placed on constituents/local organizations seeking out and communicating with their elected representatives between elections?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

NoOne wrote:Image

That is your democratic freedom, right & opinion. No one is stopping you, but don't tell me what I should or should not do with my vote.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Keesa Inc. is going to cancel out our two Liberal friends. But we can't do it all by ourselves. Please go vote and help us out.

P.S. We are going out to see Star Trek with the same said friends, so all is not lost.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

freedom of choice.

vote, it's what they want you to do.

or

don't vote, because you don't want to.

either way you've done your civic duty. more or less.

don't vote 2009
jillw

Post by jillw »

I think everyone should vote. I would be ashamed as a Canadian for the efforts of our veterans if I did not vote. Democracy is not a spectator sport.
NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

jillw wrote:I think everyone should vote. I would be ashamed as a Canadian for the efforts of our veterans if I did not vote. Democracy is not a spectator sport.

my father, grand father and great grand father were all veterans. the wisdom they passed on to me is don't vote for those that don't deserve your vote. my vote is to important to waste on the choices given today.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

NoOne wrote:
    jillw wrote:I think everyone should vote. I would be ashamed as a Canadian for the efforts of our veterans if I did not vote. Democracy is not a spectator sport.

my father, grand father and great grand father were all veterans. the wisdom they passed on to me is don't vote for those that don't deserve your vote. my vote is to important to waste on the choices given today.
Have you ever considered running yourself or would you be undeserving as well?
NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

actually i have at one time but after researching the position i decided not to. many have gone into politics with good intentions but soon find out that you have to change to their system not change the system. i find today standing up at council meetings and being able to speak my mind more enjoyable then sitting in office and saying one thing and doing another.
guicho

Post by guicho »

I had planned to vote for a fringe party, but there were none on the ballot. I am seriously thinking about starting a campaign to have the option "None of the Above" on future ballots, both provincially and federally.

Anyone with me on this?
NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

guicho wrote:I had planned to vote for a fringe party, but there were none on the ballot. I am seriously thinking about starting a campaign to have the option "None of the Above" on future ballots, both provincially and federally.

Anyone with me on this?

i'm sure that would increase voter turnout and given a meaningful choice for those that voted today but did so just to say they did having chosen parties with track records like those on the ballot.
:blobbie: :rate10: :blobbie:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Wasn't there a guy in Prince George about 10 years ago that legally changed his name to something like The Above noneof so he could get his name on the ballot as Noneof, The Above?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I found it...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None_of_the_above

A Prince George businessman ran in the June 2, 1997 Canadian election in the district of Prince George-Bulkley Valley under the name Zznoneoff, Thea Bove (Thea Bove Zznoneoff); ballots listing candidates alphabetically by surname, he appeared at the bottom. He came sixth of seven candidates with 0.977 percent of votes cast.

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Sites/LOP/HFER/h ... it1=Search
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”