Living with Celiac Disease

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
mixtape.

Living with Celiac Disease

Post by mixtape. »

Just seeing how people who have celiac disease live with it? I recently got "diagnosed" with it, and have NO idea how to even look for gluten or deal with it. Any tips/information would be great. :)
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Re: Living with CD

Post by GordonH »

mixtape. wrote:Just seeing how people who have celiac disease live with it? I recently got "diagnosed" with it, and have NO idea how to even look for gluten or deal with it. Any tips/information would be great. :)
Here are some things that may help just click on the attachment window.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
dingerz

Re: Living with CD

Post by dingerz »

I'm new with it as well. Its not fun and I hope you love reading lables. I've messed up a few times and paid for it. If you check out websites from food companies they usually list what is in their foods. also Natures Fare was very helpful and showed me a TON of products that are CD friendly. Also their prices are great too. I've compared to 3 other stores and they are cheaper for their pasta's, pizza shells and cookies ....

If you come across any other ideas/findings let me know.
David
Castanet Forum Founder

Re: Living with Celiac Disease

Post by David »

The Southern Interior Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association now has a web site for locals with Celiac Disease.

You can find it at http://www.kelownaceliac.org It includes a list of Celiac friendly restaurants and stores.

If you have Celiac Disease, but are not a member, consider joining to help encourage lobbying for labeling and research.
David Fowler

Return to “Health”