Don't Vote 2009

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
DANSPEED
Übergod

Re: Don't Vote 2009

Post by DANSPEED »

It's all corrupt IMO. I never have voted and I never will. What's Gordon Campbell tearing down or announcing this week? The only time they need me is during an election and as soon as there elected, out goes the promises! I look at voting this way. They say every vote counts right, well what if I did vote and on the way back I was hit by a car and killed. Gee that was worth it!

I've asked so many people why and whom they vote for and most say because it's there rights and everyone else is voting and that they'll decide come voting day. Other's tell me they vote for the party that looks the least corrupt.

And to all the parties running ... STOP CALLING ME!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

In any group there are leaders and followers. Those who choose not to vote are the followers because they are content to have others make the decisions for them. They fully realize that votes will be counted and choices will be made but they elect to stand on the sidelines. That's their right, of course, but in fairness those who want to be the followers shouldn't be critical of the choices that we leaders (the voters) make. Deal?
guicho

Post by guicho »

The point is that if there really are no acceptable choices, what is the point of it all. It seems that more and more people are voting for the least bad out of civic responsibility, but not with conviction. If we had real choices I would agree that we should all vote or shut up, but that hasn't been the case for too many elections. I am sure that some will say that we should get involved with the selection of the candidates, but I have been there, done that. It is already rigged and true grassroots participation is not welcome. I want to vote for none of the above, send a message to our sorry excuses for political representatives.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

guicho wrote:The point is that if there really are no acceptable choices, what is the point of it all.

Give me a break. Most of the people running are outstanding individuals in their communities. If you are still the centre of the universe in four years, enter as a candidate yourself and vote for yourself.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

Glacier wrote:
guicho wrote:The point is that if there really are no acceptable choices, what is the point of it all.

Give me a break. Most of the people running are outstanding individuals in their communities. If you are still the centre of the universe in four years, enter as a candidate yourself and vote for yourself.

Agreed, No acceptable choices is code for too damn lazy to educate self about the candidates, and too damn unappreciative of having the right to vote. One just has to look at the numbers of landed immigrants exiting the polls to see what a proud Canadian looks like who understands their right to vote, as well as the importance that their vote is to how this country is ran. I'm disgusted by anyone saying there are no acceptable choices. Thank goodness that there are still enough of us that fill the gaping void left by the lazy.

On a side note, to anyone that volunteered today setting up, helping out and counting at the polling stations, my hats off to you! It is people like yourselves that make me proud to be Canadian, and less *bleep* off at those that refuse to get off their lazy a**es and actually bother to cast a vote. Thank you!
DANSPEED
Übergod

Post by DANSPEED »

AlanH wrote: ... and less *bleep* off at those that refuse to get off their lazy a**es and actually bother to cast a vote. Thank you!

Vote for what? Canadian politics is so god darn boring it even puts members of parliament to sleep! I've tried to follow it, really I have, but it's very hard to make a wise decision when every time I turn on the TV or read the newspaper and it's scandal this and corruption that. For all I know about Canadian politics me voting would be comparable to a non English speaking newly landed immigrant voting. I don't follow politics, I never have and I never will, so my vote would mean nothing except that I got off my lazy a**s and put an X next to the face I recognized from a billboard driving down to vote.
NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

Urbane wrote:In any group there are leaders and followers. Those who choose not to vote are the followers because they are content to have others make the decisions for them. They fully realize that votes will be counted and choices will be made but they elect to stand on the sidelines. That's their right, of course, but in fairness those who want to be the followers shouldn't be critical of the choices that we leaders (the voters) make. Deal?

as a voter you decide whom you wish to follow. that is your choice and freedom. it makes you a voter, a follower, that's it. i, personally would never belittle one's individual choice. as a collective group though, i would and will be critical of the choices made.

as a non voter i'll take what ever comes out of the election anus. as a voter you think that what will come out will smell like roses while we, as non voters, don't need to smell it. we already know what the end product will be.

on the whole, i would like to thank all the non voters for an impressive non turnout. 48%+ is an impressive number. we are the majority in bc. without one speech or one commercial or a party of any kind, we are the leading non force in bc.

congratulations to all the parties involved, better luck next time.
Last edited by NoOne on May 13th, 2009, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

NoOne wrote:
Urbane wrote:In any group there are leaders and followers. Those who choose not to vote are the followers because they are content to have others make the decisions for them. They fully realize that votes will be counted and choices will be made but they elect to stand on the sidelines. That's their right, of course, but in fairness those who want to be the followers shouldn't be critical of the choices that we leaders (the voters) make. Deal?

as a voter you decide whom you wish to follow. that is you choice and freedom. it makes you a voter, a follower, that's it. i, personally would never belittle one's individual choice. as a collective group though, i would and will be critical of the choices made.

as a non voter i'll take what ever comes out of the election anus. as a voter you think that what will come out will smell like roses while we, as non voters, don't need to smell it. we already know what the end product will be.

on the whole, i would like to thank all the non voters for an impressive non turnout. 48%+ is an impressive number. we are the majority in bc. without one speech or one commercial or a party of any kind, we are the leading non force in bc.

Didn't vote? Go stand in a corner.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
NoOne
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NoOne »

keesa wrote:
NoOne wrote:

as a voter you decide whom you wish to follow. that is you choice and freedom. it makes you a voter, a follower, that's it. i, personally would never belittle one's individual choice. as a collective group though, i would and will be critical of the choices made.

Didn't vote? Go stand in a corner.

gladly, going.

i don't count.

remember, i'm NoOne.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”