Homosexuality Demon

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
kattwoman2

Homosexuality Demon

Post by kattwoman2 »

On CNN earlier today, a reverend at a church discussed a sort of "cleansing" that was done to a teenage boy who wore women's clothing. He supposedly asked the church to help him cast out the "homosexuality demon" from his soul. This is supposedly the third time this has been attempted on him and now the reverend is getting death threats because of the latest video that was published about this event. The reverend says that she does not understand why she is receiving death threats when she thinks she is doing something to help the boy.

McKinney said the boy approached the church and told her he wanted to be a pastor, but was struggling with his sexuality. "We allow [gay people] to come into our church. We just don't allow them to come in and continue to live that lifestyle," she said.

"God made Adam and Eve," she said. "He made a woman to be with a man, and a man to be with a woman."

The big question about this is: Can a person be a Christian and gay? What do you think? Also, what's your opinion on this story: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/06/25/co ... .exorcism/
Born_again
Guru

Re: Homosexuality Demon

Post by Born_again »

The whole video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhedHERfcXk
kattwoman2

Post by kattwoman2 »

Born_again wrote:The whole video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhedHERfcXk

Yes! Thanks for the video! The boy is only 16 years old and the church is now under investigation of child abuse. However, the chances of being found guilty of it are slim since they were genuinely believing they were "helping" the boy.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

kattwoman2 wrote:The big question about this is: Can a person be a Christian and gay? What do you think? Also, what's your opinion on this story: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/06/25/co ... .exorcism/

Can a person be a Christian and gay?
Absolutely, every Christian is a sinner and I don't see how "being gay" prevents one from professing that Jesus is their true Lord and Saviour. There is only one unpardonable sin and being gay isn't it.

I think its sad that there are homosexual individuals that, due to the culture they live in, have the undue threat of eternal damnation "tormenting" them. However, at sixteen I was also making my own spiritual decisions and to each their own, I hope the boy finds peace.

On a Ex-Christian note, I find the pageantry and semantics of the Manifested Glory Ministries exorcism quite interesting. Perhaps working yourself up to such a fervid pitch is some kind of power-of-God catalyst? My Christian advice to the boy would have been to pray, worship with us, join a bible study (for the camaraderie) and to build his relationship with God. Walking with God produces sanctification of the spirit not someone screaming (praying) and holding your skull to the ground.
Last edited by hellomynameis on Jun 25th, 2009, 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

I have also known some gay Christians. Fortunately they belonged to churches where it was understood they would still be who they are, ie. not “We allow [gay people] to come into our church. We just don't allow them to come in and continue to live that lifestyle” (it's okay for us to continue living our heterosexual lifestyle though). It is truly incredible how ignorant and judgemental some religious people can be – although those traits are obviously not exclusive to the religious community. Thankfully, my experience with Christians has suggested the vast majority do not think that way, although not being a Christian myself I can’t claim that to be a fact. Still, I believe it is the loud and vocal whackadoodles (eg. Pastor Dave) who believe it is their mission to change society that lend such a poor impression on the majority who just want to thank, worship and seek connection with God in their own way.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Born_again wrote:The whole video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhedHERfcXk

What a bunch of backwoods freaks. This is religous abuse at it's finest. I feel so sorry for that kid, I hope he can escape and live a normal life.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
motorhead63

Post by motorhead63 »

God created all life , so if you hate Homosexuals you hate what God created. There are examples of homosexual behaviors all over the world and not one religion is 100% tolerant even with the knowledge that God created them, the religions are more tolerant of serial killers and rapist than they are of homosexuals. Man's biggest problem is man. And stupidity.

What I get a kick out of is the anti-gay stance of the military.The USA has had a flood of reservist that have proclaimed themselves to be gay to get out of going to Iraq and people are outraged. Their not outraged at the unjustifiable war of lies. They're outraged that people with brains actually found a loop-hole to get out of going to Iraq. How pathetic is that.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

That kid is going to need some serious psychiatric help... something everyone else in that room should seek out.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
kattwoman2

Post by kattwoman2 »

motorhead63 wrote:God created all life , so if you hate Homosexuals you hate what God created. There are examples of homosexual behaviors all over the world and not one religion is 100% tolerant even with the knowledge that God created them, the religions are more tolerant of serial killers and rapist than they are of homosexuals. Man's biggest problem is man. And stupidity.

What I get a kick out of is the anti-gay stance of the military.The USA has had a flood of reservist that have proclaimed themselves to be gay to get out of going to Iraq and people are outraged. Their not outraged at the unjustifiable war of lies. They're outraged that people with brains actually found a loop-hole to get out of going to Iraq. How pathetic is that.

I agree, I have a relative who joined the Navy only to find out that his wife stole all his money while he was in basic training and ran away. He only went into the Navy to provide for her, so when she left he decided to get out of it by pretending to be gay. He's now married to a woman and they have children. I'm still surprised that we have this law, especially since the U.S. military is so desperate for troops that one soldier told me they were hiring low-level criminals by saying they could either go to jail or go to the military and get the jail time waived. So, I guess loving someone is a worse crime than felonies? :ohmygod:

Nebula wrote:That kid is going to need some serious psychiatric help... something everyone else in that room should seek out.

I agree! The sad thing is that they think they are GENUINELY helping this poor kid. We do have programs in the states that claim to convert gay people and it's rather *bleep*.
motorhead63

Post by motorhead63 »

Hey if lawyers and politicians have rights , so should *bleep*'s. I love these religious manipulators that attack gays ,then they go out and hump little boys.Those Pr1cks should be chemically castrated. Then shot.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

motorhead, you aren't doing anyone any favours by calling gays '*bleep*'.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

*deleted/Jo*
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

seems he was one step up the ladder from sooperphreek
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”