Our Noah's Ark

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Is this a plausible explanation to Revelation 13?

Yes, it is possible.
15%
No, not at all.
75%
It is partially correct.
10%
I do not understand.
No votes

Total votes: 20

Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Our Noah's Ark

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Just answer the question. Who cares what he is, spread teh goot werd!
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Nabcom wrote:My question is... Why is "the end of the world" apparently so important to you? Why should it be to anyone?

Nab

Shhh, don't question the prophet.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Nabcom wrote:My question is... Why is "the end of the world" apparently so important to you? Why should it be to anyone?

Nab

Shhh, don't question the prophet.

Why not? It is 2 serious basic questions that deserve a serious answer, so don't flip them off so easily!
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
michael777

Post by michael777 »

Nabcom wrote:
Why not? It is 2 serious basic questions that deserve a serious answer, so don't flip them off so easily!

I asked you if you were a Christian. Doesn't my question deserve an answer? M777
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I'm not the one flipping the questions off, in fact I have made a few statements that have been glossed over because they don't jive with his peculiar version of Christianity. I'd love some answers from 'the prophet'. I mean, what other time does one get to directly question a prophet? It's pretty big.
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

:popcorn:
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

michael777 wrote:
Nabcom wrote:

I asked you if you were a Christian. Doesn't my question deserve an answer? M777

Of course it deserves an answer. I missed your post due to a needless interruption.

I like to think I am a Christian, but I don't bury myself in Christianity (Edit: or finding fault with it) to the extent that some do. I just try to live the basics and hope for the best. I would just like to know what is so important to you, or should be to anyone (including me) about what the end of the world will look like, and particularly whether it satisfies some biblical prophesy or not. And of course it's a loaded question.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
michael777

Post by michael777 »

Nab
First of all, it is not the end of the world. It is just the end of the age.
This age is the time period allowed for people to decide which God they will follow, which is soon coming to a close. The Great Tribulation is coming. Before the tribulation starts God will remove his people from the Earth. This is called the rapture by most people. There are two harvests. The first to remove God's people from great tribulation and the second when he returns after the tribulation. In between these two events, Satan will reign. He will be kicked out of Heaven after the Rapture. This is why he cannot be revealed to Christians. Christians will not be here to see him. He will only be revealed to non-believers. He will be a God to those who have rejected Christ. Satan will be on Earth for 3.5 years. This is why it is important to Christians. We have been waiting for this event for nearly six thousand years. Revelation is a foreshadowing. The approach of Christ is near. This is why it is important. We are almost finished with our duties. Our duties are to show the world who God is and try and get as many people to heaven as possible. All that is required is for a person to believe in Jesus and they are saved. I am just showing some fulfilled prophecy that is happening and that Christ's return is close. It means alot to Christians. We will be a part of God's rest, which is the 1000 year millennium. The others will sleep for those thousand years until Great White Throne Judgement. This is when everyone is judged. M777
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Hmmm. Ok. I'm not sure that answers my questions though - "why is it so important to you? Why should it be to anyone?". And I did add a bit extra "and particularly whether it satisfies some biblical prophesy or not".
Nab
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So michael777 do you happen to read the other 65 books of the bible (unless you read the catholic bible). Or is Revelation all you focus on.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
michael777

Post by michael777 »

Nabcom wrote:Hmmm. Ok. I'm not sure that answers my questions though - "why is it so important to you? Why should it be to anyone?". And I did add a bit extra "and particularly whether it satisfies some biblical prophesy or not".
Nab
Is it important to you to live forever? It is to me. And yes, prophecies that were written thousands of years ago are finally starting to happen. Which means the end is coming fast for this age. The six thousandth year is about to finish and the sabboth day, or God's rest, the millennium is coming. This is a parable. The world was made in six days and on the seventh he rested. A day to God is one thousand years. M777
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

michael777 wrote:the millennium is coming.

Psssst... it's 2009.. millenium is past...

A day to God is one thousand years.

You know this how?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
michael777

Post by michael777 »

whatisupcastanet wrote:So michael777 do you happen to read the other 65 books of the bible (unless you read the catholic bible). Or is Revelation all you focus on.

Of course I read all the books of the Bible. If I only had Revelation to rely on, it would be very hard to decipher the parables. The answers to many parables are in the Old Testament. The problem with that is that the questions are in the New Testament. This is why the Jews have erred. They have the answers to the wrong questions. M777
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

michael777 wrote:
Nabcom wrote:Hmmm. Ok. I'm not sure that answers my questions though - "why is it so important to you? Why should it be to anyone?". And I did add a bit extra "and particularly whether it satisfies some biblical prophesy or not".
Nab
Is it important to you to live forever? It is to me. And yes, prophecies that were written thousands of years ago are finally starting to happen. Which means the end is coming fast for this age. The six thousandth year is about to finish and the sabboth day, or God's rest, the millennium is coming. This is a parable. The world was made in six days and on the seventh he rested. A day to God is one thousand years. M777

So let me understand you here. Your calulation have us coming up to 7,000 years since early chapters of Genesis. Please correct me on this if I am wrong.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
michael777

Post by michael777 »

Phoenix Within wrote:
michael777 wrote:the millennium is coming.

Psssst... it's 2009.. millenium is past...
A day to God is one thousand years.

You know this how?
It is written in the book of Peter. M777

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”