Jesus said

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Re: Jesus said

Post by AlanH »

dogman wrote:
AlanH wrote:
dogman wrote:
AlanH wrote:Jesus died....

He supposedly said the above when he was alive (Attested to by third party accounts of what was said, handed down generation by generation) The accounts were then scribed, translated, rewritten and copied numerous times.

Either way... how am I supposed to go through some dead guy so I can see this "Father" dude? Does he take appointments?

John2:16 For god so loved the world that he gave his one and only son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Yeah... But since I don't believe in him (Or at least I'm really on the fence) To me he is just a dead guy. Don't you have a better way of convincing me other than posting a sentence thinking that it will create some eye opening experience for me?

glad to hear that you are at least on the fence.I can't convince you but if you really want to know,Matth 7:7 says Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives;he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door will open. Weather you believe in him or not ask in prayer for convincing I used to be an unbeliever too,I asked and god showed me what it is all about.Opened my eyes.To quote the famous song Amazing graze . I once was blind but now I see.You have nothing to loose by praying .weather you believe it or not. god believes in it and in you and he will answer.

Why am I getting the feeling that you are a half bald 6 foot 5 Albino, wearing a long white robe with a cross hanging from your neck bigger than Flavor-Flaves clock, with big red crazy eyes holding up a bible and shouting across the street at everyone that drives by in their horseless carriages to repent for their sins because the end is neigh?

Not that it's fact, but it is the image of you that appeared when I asked baby Jesus to turn on the image creator machine in my head.

I think I'll go back to being an Agnostic, this religion thing needs to be helped along with drug use, otherwise it's just too silly for reality.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Nebula wrote:What's your point?

Nebula, go wash out your keyboard with soap, look what you done let outta the bag.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Sounds like someone got their 'Way of the Master' starter kit in in the mail.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

AlanH wrote:
dogman wrote:
AlanH wrote:
dogman wrote:
AlanH wrote:Jesus died....

He supposedly said the above when he was alive (Attested to by third party accounts of what was said, handed down generation by generation) The accounts were then scribed, translated, rewritten and copied numerous times.

Either way... how am I supposed to go through some dead guy so I can see this "Father" dude? Does he take appointments?

John2:16 For god so loved the world that he gave his one and only son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Yeah... But since I don't believe in him (Or at least I'm really on the fence) To me he is just a dead guy. Don't you have a better way of convincing me other than posting a sentence thinking that it will create some eye opening experience for me?

glad to hear that you are at least on the fence.I can't convince you but if you really want to know,Matth 7:7 says Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives;he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door will open. Weather you believe in him or not ask in prayer for convincing I used to be an unbeliever too,I asked and god showed me what it is all about.Opened my eyes.To quote the famous song Amazing graze . I once was blind but now I see.You have nothing to loose by praying .weather you believe it or not. god believes in it and in you and he will answer.

Why am I getting the feeling that you are a half bald 6 foot 5 Albino, wearing a long white robe with a cross hanging from your neck bigger than Flavor-Flaves clock, with big red crazy eyes holding up a bible and shouting across the street at everyone that drives by in their horseless carriages to repent for their sins because the end is neigh?

Not that it's fact, but it is the image of you that appeared when I asked baby Jesus to turn on the image creator machine in my head.

I think I'll go back to being an Agnostic, this religion thing needs to be helped along with drug use, otherwise it's just too silly for reality.

I had to LOL you have a great imagination.
If you or anyone was out in a dessert and looked thirsty and I knew where there was water I would point the way.
I am only pointing the way to a wonderful fulfilling everlasting life.( And you don't need drugs) If one is not interested that's fine.It's a personal choice.I'll be praying for you.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

Awesome, Castanet doesn't have nearly enough cyber borne proselytizers.

:ridemcowboy:
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

How does anyone really know what or if "Jesus" said anything at all. Just because someone wrote a bunch stuff in a book called the "Bible". I smell a very funny and big practical joke here.
Last edited by wthwyt on Sep 20th, 2009, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

dogman wrote:John !4:6 NIV edition Jesus answered,"I am the way and the truth and the life.No one comes to the Father except through me...

..so pay no mind to priests, rabbis, religions, churches and tv evangelists.

Willow Park Church has a sign on their building..

Leading Others to Follow Jesus

:137:

uh, if they're leading me,
who am i following?

Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

WTHWYT wrote:How does anyone really know what or if "Jesus" said anything at all. Just because someone wrote a bunch stuff in a book called the "Bible". I smell a very funny and big practical joke here.

Sniff, sniff. You might be right.

Smells like SPAM.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

dogman wrote:I had to LOL you have a great imagination.
If you or anyone was out in a dessert and looked thirsty and I knew where there was water I would point the way.
I am only pointing the way to a wonderful fulfilling everlasting life.( And you don't need drugs) If one is not interested that's fine.It's a personal choice.I'll be praying for you.

Well.. thanks.

Since you are praying for me, could you please type down exactly the prayer you will be saying for me? It would be a wonderful gesture by you to show that you are not just saying that you are praying for me.... while you are at it, could you also pray for my wife, two kids, dog, cat, fish as well. I understand if you would just like to pray for me, but if you could spare the time that would be swell.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

AlanH wrote:

Well,.. Thanks.

Since you are praying for me, could you please type down exactly the prayer you will be saying for me? It would be a wonderful gesture by you to show that you are not just saying that you are praying for me.... while you are at it, could you also pray for my wife, two kids, dog, cat, fish as well. I understand if you would just like to pray for me, but if you could spare the time that would be swell.

LOL very loudly. Sorry no disrespect intended could not help myself.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

dogman wrote:

I am only pointing the way to a wonderful fulfilling everlasting life.

In Philadelphia we call these people con-men. "and occasionally D-bags"

No one lives forever and if life were completely fulfilling there would be no progress. Stick to children they might buy what you are selling if you catch them early enough.
desucca

Post by desucca »

"I am only pointing the way to a wonderful fulfilling everlasting life.( And you don't need drugs) If one is not interested that's fine.It's a personal choice.I'll be praying for you."

it's pretty easy to have a wonderful fulfilling life without the fairy tales, as far as 'everlasting'.. not in your religion's concept of it thank you sir.. perfectly comfortable accepting that life as we know it ends at the end and my carbon will be shared around this earth (and hopefully further? space carbon sounds fun too!) for eternity.

please don't offer prayers to those who don't ask, it's creepy like a priest in the rectory alone with the altarboys.
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

AlanH wrote:

Well.. thanks.

No problem.My prayer for you goes Father God ,I would like to pray For Alan H and his whole family.He has said that he does not believe in you (or is on the fence)You lord God know him and all of his family,and love everyone of them .You know what keeps Alan on the fence.I ask you lord to minister to that.so that he will be able to choose to get to know you and experience all that you have to offer. amen
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

eyepop wrote:
dogman wrote:John !4:6 NIV edition Jesus answered,"I am the way and the truth and the life.No one comes to the Father except through me...

..so pay no mind to priests, rabbis, religions, churches and tv evangelists.

Willow Park Church has a sign on their building..

Leading Others to Follow Jesus

:137:

uh, if they're leading me,
who am i following?

They will lead you or point the way to Jesus Christ as he is the way to the father.
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ.
Romans 3:9 There is no one righteous not even one.
Romans5:6 You see,at the right time when we were still powerless.Christ died for the ungodly.Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man,though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.But God demonstrates his love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death,but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth,"Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that you will be saved.For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”