Doomsday, Dec 21 2012?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
zzontar
Guru

Re: Doomsday, Dec 21 2012?

Post by zzontar »

soulra wrote:
zzontar wrote:Now you're turn... how come you're so concerned about kids getting raped by priests yet you don't say bleep about the half million that get raped by South Africans?

What does rape in Africa have to do with 2012. I might bring it up in another thread if the subject comes up, but I don't see the need here.

You're absolutely right.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

zzontar wrote:Now you're turn... how come you're so concerned about kids getting raped by priests yet you don't say bleep about the half million that get raped by South Africans?

Easy, if it's outside the "Religion & Philosophy" forum, it's outside his domain. :D
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
MyWorld
Board Meister

Post by MyWorld »

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in the last 17 pages cause, but I will put in my opinion.

The world was suppose to end on Dec 31st 1999....but we are all here. I remember people speaking about the Book of Revelations and how everything is coming true, how the Mayans have predicted and how nostradumas also mentioned it. Again, we are still here. I bet you could look at tons of predictions of the end of the world and they haven't happened yet. I could say SOMETHING TERRIBLE WILL HAPPEN ON APRIL 10th 2040 and the chances are pretty darn good that I could be right.

Whilst the joke that was posted several pages ago is funny, I believe it holds some truth. None of us know for certain why they stopped this.

So the planet is changing, and some shift might happen with the poles, who is to say that won't happen tomorrow? I can already tell you, as can many other scientists and lay people that things are not boding well for us with pandemics and global warming, but I can't give you an exact date when the entire planet will no longer exist. No one can.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

MyWorld wrote:I bet you could look at tons of predictions of the end of the world and they haven't happened yet.

I'll bet ALL of the predictions made of the end of the world up to this point never happened.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nebula wrote:
MyWorld wrote:I bet you could look at tons of predictions of the end of the world and they haven't happened yet.

I'll bet ALL of the predictions made of the end of the world up to this point never happened.

You know what they say about finding stuff in the last place you look ...
flipstylenemesis

Post by flipstylenemesis »

MyWorld wrote:So the planet is changing, and some shift might happen with the poles, who is to say that won't happen tomorrow? I can already tell you, as can many other scientists and lay people that things are not boding well for us with pandemics and global warming, but I can't give you an exact date when the entire planet will no longer exist. No one can.

The sun will expand into a red giant in 4-5 billion years thats when the earth will cease to exist as for human beings and all the living things RIGHT NOW who can say. As long as there is Earth to support life though it will remain :nyah:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Well, let just say sometime before, during or after Dec 21 / 2012 ( - ? /+ whole lot of years ). $h!t will happen. I hope that answers the question in the title;) :dyinglaughing:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”