N/A

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
skullcandy23

N/A

Post by skullcandy23 »

N/A
Last edited by skullcandy23 on Aug 13th, 2011, 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Re: Occult Boookstore / Satanists here?

Post by StraitTalk »

If you're talking about paranormal stuff, I don't know of anything in particular. (I don't think Kelowna is big enough for a store centralized on this to be viable.) Try online. As far as the satanic stuff goes, yeah, can't help you there.

Also, this thread is probably going to be moved either here
viewforum.php?f=16
or here
viewforum.php?f=6
so if you read this before it does, you know what happened.
skullcandy23

Post by skullcandy23 »

N/A
Last edited by skullcandy23 on Aug 13th, 2011, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

Well, hate to burst your bubble here, skullcandy23, but you are in prime-time BIBLE THUMPER COUNTRY here.

Seriously.

Kelowna has not only one of the highest ratios of churches to residents anywhere in Canada, but it also has the healthiest church-going population. There are enough born-again Christians (or, alternatively defined, hypocritical wackos) in this town to make any overt expression of your -ahem- occult beliefs an extremely uncomfortable proposition.

Kelowna’s population can make even 100% bleached white bread look rainbow-coloured in comparison.

So, a word of warning, from an atheist to another non-Christian: keep your head down. You won’t find the alternatives very appealing. Not that you should abandon your fascination with the occult, just make sure it isn’t overtly obvious. A little discretion in this town will keep you from a *lot* of grief.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
skullcandy23

Post by skullcandy23 »

N/A
Last edited by skullcandy23 on Aug 13th, 2011, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kgbvax
Fledgling

Post by kgbvax »

rekabis wrote:Well, hate to burst your bubble here, skullcandy23, but you are in prime-time BIBLE THUMPER COUNTRY here.

Seriously.

Kelowna has not only one of the highest ratios of churches to residents anywhere in Canada, but it also has the healthiest church-going population. There are enough born-again Christians (or, alternatively defined, hypocritical wackos) in this town to make any overt expression of your -ahem- occult beliefs an extremely uncomfortable proposition.

Kelowna’s population can make even 100% bleached white bread look rainbow-coloured in comparison.

So, a word of warning, from an atheist to another non-Christian: keep your head down. You won’t find the alternatives very appealing. Not that you should abandon your fascination with the occult, just make sure it isn’t overtly obvious. A little discretion in this town will keep you from a *lot* of grief.

Wow, your opinion seems very unbiased. :dyinglaughing:
Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

skullcandy23 wrote:

no not paranomal, i mean mostly based on freemasons, illuminati , new world order ,Kabbalah etc.
, thankyou for the quick post

Not sure about the satanic stuff, but I know you can find newage/wicca /alternative religion/metaphysical type stuff at
Dare to dream on Harvey
Mandala books on pandosy (near KLO)
and another store that the name escapes me on Bernard (at least it used to be on Bernard)
Dreamweaver in Vernon on 32nd ave

If you want to find a group, there are a few listed through yahoo etc that has some local members
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Jo
Slot 16

Re: Occult Bookstore / Satanists here?

Post by Jo »

This thread had better stay on topic without the stupid stuff. People who post or repost offensive pictures will be banned.
skullcandy23

Post by skullcandy23 »

N/A
Last edited by skullcandy23 on Aug 13th, 2011, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

skullcandy23 wrote:
Jo wrote:This thread had better stay on topic without the stupid stuff. People who post or repost offensive pictures will be banned.

thankyou jo for your quick response, i' am glad you made sure it stayed on topic.
and thankyou for the wiccan books, i have already bought a green witchcraft book from that used bookstore, i will try the other :) . agian thankyou very much, you don't know how much this means to me.

Go to the library. They used to have a very good section with all sorts of stuff ranging from Astrology to Palmistry, to virtually any religious belief system.

I think it's the Philosophy and Religion section.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
skullcandy23

Post by skullcandy23 »

gardengirl wrote:
skullcandy23 wrote:
Jo wrote:This thread had better stay on topic without the stupid stuff. People who post or repost offensive pictures will be banned.

thankyou jo for your quick response, i' am glad you made sure it stayed on topic.
and thankyou for the wiccan books, i have already bought a green witchcraft book from that used bookstore, i will try the other :) . agian thankyou very much, you don't know how much this means to me.

Go to the library. They used to have a very good section with all sorts of stuff ranging from Astrology to Palmistry, to virtually any religious belief system.

I think it's the Philosophy and Religion section.

thankyou gardengirl,
i have found what i' am looking for, so i will post it here for anyone who is curious as i' am with the occult.

Book Bin The - yes
(250) 763-7748 500 Groves Ave , Kelowna, B.C. V1Y 4Y7

D & D Used Books -pysicic everyting
(250) 765-3371‎ 170 Highway 33 West , Kelowna, B.C. V1X 1X7

High Browse Books - yes
(250) 712-1334 1526 Ellis Street , Kelowna, B.C.

Loaves and Fishes - freemasonry warning people to stay away from new age
(250) 868-8933 591 Lawrence Ave , Kelowna, British Columbia

Mad Hatter Book Store - small shelves
(250) 768-2231 5-2483 Main St , Westbank, B.C. V4T 2E8

Mandala Books - possibly
(250) 860-1980‎ 3023 Pandosy St , Kelowna, B.C. V1Y 1W3 v

pandosy used books - yes
(250) 861-4995 springfield shaw

Sage Books - yes
(250) 215-4255 2352 McDougall Rd , Kelowna, British Columbia V1Z 3A3

Ted's Paperbacks & Comics -yes religious side
(250) 763-1258‎ 1329 Sutherland Avenue , Kelowna, B.C. V1Y 5Y2

sites, http://www.abebooks.com/ + amazon.com + www.ebay.ca
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I'm trying to figure out what the connection is between the illuminati and the freemasons and the occult. :137:
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

I not sure if it still there or not, but if Heather Zais still has her book store on Bernard you could try it. It was on Bernard between Ellis and Pandosy (North side of Bernard)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

WTHWYT wrote:I not sure if it still there or not, but if Heather Zais still has her book store on Bernard you could try it. It was on Bernard between Ellis and Pandosy (North side of Bernard)

It closed awhile back.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Nebula wrote:I'm trying to figure out what the connection is between the illuminati and the freemasons and the occult. :137:

You should ask that question over in the Conspiracy threads. Take a trip down the rabbit hole.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”