Pastor of pot

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Re: Pastor of pot

Post by Mr. Personality »

westsidebud wrote:jesus was mexican an smoked reefers :spinball:

Clone High is not a documentary.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Mr. Personality wrote:

lol ppl dnt realize that cannibus was part of early christian life
GO CANUCKS GO
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

And the Mexican bit?
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

westsidebud wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:

AND where did the "chistians " get their pot from? Where in Christian theology did they ever mention dope?
Lack of objection is implied consent.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

mtnman1 wrote:
westsidebud wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:

AND where did the "chistians " get their pot from? Where in Christian theology did they ever mention dope?

do some research
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Mr. Personality wrote:And the Mexican bit?

he looks mexican to me
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

mtnman1 wrote:
westsidebud wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe= ... ns&spell=1
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

:spamcan:
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

:skippingsheep:
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

:coffeecanuck:
GO CANUCKS GO
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

:137: are you okay ?
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

steven lloyd wrote:are you okay ?

Do you really need an answer to that?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

lol, im still reading thorugh your posts there westside but very interesting!

I remember comming across the calamus translation a while back when i was looking at documentaries and articles such as "who wrote the bible?". Its very interesting because even before Jesus started his ministry, hashish was in full supply and a major trade comodity from the east (india mainly). There are recipts in the historical archives for hash from the romans. Its medicinal effects were well known in india and was administered for indigestion for the emperor by his physician Claudius Galen.

Another question may arise as to what the "mana" was that "fell" from the sky. Its well known that desert storms in the area Moses traversed cause a springing of life to occur almost over night. The spores carried in the animal dung from the animals they brought may be the link to this mana and the dimentia that followed (the making of the golden calf and paganistic rituals). Not to say that magic mushrooms will turn you into a pagan (remember moses ate it too). *it has recently come to my attention that the previous paragraph may be misconstrued as my saying that people will revert to paganism if they take psycadellic mushrooms. This is not what i am saying. I am stating that some of the people in the egyptian exodus were converts or lived in a pagan society and so when disoriented with various chemicals could have been persuaded by some to revert to rituals of other religions. (this is a very complicated subject and requires allot of explination of the theories and evidences surrounding the exodus. This is not a jab at pagans.

The history of the writing of the bible is paramount to understanding it as a document. Many take for granted the validity of its construction (i dont mean the validity of whats in it i mean how the compilation came to be). There is a cyclical argument that even Decartes fell into when pontificating about god and the validity of the spiritual. The fact is that early roman aristocrats began to understand the power of mass culture and mass religion. If you look at the workings of emperor constantine you will find a man who was faced with a growing population of christians, and converts the government to the popular religion and then actively meld the various pagan religions with the abrahamic religions. This was probably an attempt to quell spiritual unrest and stop the constant raids on temples. After learning all this i began to question what i had drilled into my head about the abrahamic religions and began researching for myself.

A simple exercise to look at the significance of this, just ask why sunday is the sabbath (yes this is one of the actions undertaken by constantine). If you read in the catholic catacism you will find their explination. The reason is because Jesus rose on a sunday. However, what is very strange is that Genesis points to Saturday being God's day of rest. There is no mention of any reason for moving the day of sabbath. My main point here is that how the bible came to be caused many changes in what was written, and the interpretation of the bible has caused religious practice to change where what is practiced often is derailed from what was preached.

A modern day example of this is that some protestant churches hold easter sessions where their children will hunt for easter eggs. It seems to be a great gathering for the whole family, but delve into the history of hunting for easter eggs. It is basically the reintroduction of the celebration of the fertility godess.

The point of the post: I feel that we should be very carefull about what we adopt as tradition and what we adopt as religious belief. The mention of Cannabis having anything to do with the bible is often disregarded due to modern dogmas rather than looking at the historical facts. Infact there are many modern dogmas that we follow without ever questioning where they came from. St.Nicholas for instance is the saint of beer drinkers. Then why is he breaking into my home at night and leaving presents under an evergreen? And what does that have to do with Jesus? And what did Jesus have to do with the saint of beer drinkers?

they Babel-on i say.. babel-on.

tell me what you think!
thank you for your time! :)
Last edited by BVulgaris on Jan 26th, 2010, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

BVulgaris, thanks for the excellent post! :smt038
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Marijuana, has been, and still is, a Holy plant in many cultures on all the continents that it grows on, and it grows in nearly every continent on our beautifull planet, and in nearly every country. Tradition in India maintains that the gods sent man the Hemp plant so that he might attain delight, courage, and have heightened sexual desires. When nectar or Amrita dropped down from heaven, Marijuana sprouted from it. Another story tells how, when the gods, helped by demons, churned the milk ocean to obtain Amrita, one of the resulting nectars was Marijuana. It was consecrated to Shiva and was [the godess] Indra’s favourite drink.
After the churning of the ocean, demons attempted to gain control of Amrita, but the gods were able to prevent this seizure, giving Marijuana the name Vijaya (“victory”) to commemorate their success. Ever since, this plant of the gods has been held in India to bestow supernatural powers on its users.

http://www.thc-ministry.net/marijuana-religion.html
GO CANUCKS GO

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”