Lavington contaminated waters

intheknow
Board Meister

Lavington contaminated waters

Post by intheknow »

anyone know the cause of the bad water Lavington has endured the last 2 weeks??
I heard through the Grape vine it was cow manure spread on local fields via a local
Diary farmer??Anyone heard the same or what??

:ohmygod:
stubblejumper

Re: Lavington contaminated waters

Post by stubblejumper »

The rumor is true. :purefury: :purefury: The *bleep* was sprayed on the fields less than a kilometer and uphill from the water source and onto frozen ground :ohmygod: . The barn is washed out with a fire hose into some sort of holding tank iI would presume and then put into the sprayer and then they spray liquid waste onto the fields. If you really want to see just drive out highway six to the Shell gas station and look across the highway. That brown field isn't because the snow melted. I have not been able to do anything other than flush the toilets in the house for over a week now. *bleep* EH!!! :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: We are finally getting to a BOIL water advisory tonight :hailjo: :hailjo: .
The officials will never tell that to us officially but I have been told, not that any of us out here didn't already know what happened.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

So it wasnt due to flooding? Are you sure about the cow *bleep* thing?
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

skydawg wrote:So it wasnt due to flooding? Are you sure about the cow *bleep* thing?

apparently
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

intheknow wrote:
skydawg wrote:So it wasnt due to flooding? Are you sure about the cow *bleep* thing?

apparently

coming from this forum I think i call BS
stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper »

Come on out I will be glad to show you the source of the "contamination."
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

skydawg wrote:
intheknow wrote:

apparently

reading your post i call u a friend of the possible offender maybe?? :sleepdeprived: :skyisfalling:
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

You know, that farmer has been been doing his thing for years with no problems. What HAS happened is 1) warm weather and heavy rain and 2) ground that is still frozen which 3) leads to excessive run off and eventually into water sources.

It's not rocket science.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

intheknow wrote:
skydawg wrote:
intheknow wrote:

apparently

reading your post i call u a friend of the possible offender maybe?? :sleepdeprived: :skyisfalling:

ya thats it. you sure are a smart cookie arent you
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

no thats not the issue.When a person screws up then people need to be held accountable
No one needs to make excuses.Cowchit from this field caused the contamination
The water authority know this for fact
he needs to stop dumping during situations such as we are going through this year
Its not rocket science that if you own 110 acres on a slope and it,s run off runs off into a major water shed its going to cause problems however i think the water authority,city etc are just as at fault for not stopping this chit dumping in the first place :ohmygod:
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

anyhow enough finger pointing.The bottom line as per usual is commen sence has not prevailed and we have a problem that could have been averted had everyone involved done their homework in the first place before the spreading permit was given from what little i really know of the situation
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

They should NOT be dumping manure at this time of year
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cumungala, I doubt they were spreading manure this time of year. It is more likely the manure was still sitting there from when they put it down in the fall.

Does anyone know where this Antwerp Spring source is located?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

Glacier wrote:Cumungala, I doubt they were spreading manure this time of year. It is more likely the manure was still sitting there from when they put it down in the fall.

Does anyone know where this Antwerp Spring source is located?

dairy cows crap 24/7 so they have to get rid of it somewhere so yes they dump all times of the year. problem is the ground had ice on it + then from all the recent rain so it (contanination)drained off the fields into one of the water source sheds

:skippingsheep: based on what little i know about the situation and thats what Iam trying to determine here is does anyone know exactly what has happened and was the whole water deal from this single issue or from several issues???ANYONE ???
crysmom

Post by crysmom »

The water was contaminated with cow manure there is no question of that, at 520 pm on wednesday january 13th I had brown thick foamy water coming from my tap. It smelled like a farm that has been spread with cow manure there is no mistaking it.

I called the city emergency line and was told that "there is something wrong with the well, someone out there is fixing it, there is a boil water advisory in place" we this "boil water advisory" wasn't communicated to anyone, but by 730 pm there were sandwich board signs on the side of the road labeled Antwerp springs DO NOT DRINK

24 hours prior to that in the after noon as I was picking my kids up from the lavington elementary there was a very strong smell of manure (i have lived in an agriculture area long enough this was FRESH)

Of course on wednesday at dinner there was massive rainfall so presumably this washed the manure down the hill and into the well.

This well WAS NOT contaminated through the ground, but the well must have been breached though the opening because the water had sediment (presumably cow feces) in it.

I don't know why you all are having a hard time believing it was contaminated with cow manure I believe it was even mentioned in one of the information bulletins provided by the city.

Return to “North Okanagan”