Jesus and the Dinosaurs

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Jesus and the Dinosaurs

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Re: Jesus and the Dinosaurs

Post by BVulgaris »

lol, you've touched on an interesting topic with a picture that only raises further questions.

10/10 points ;)

I am wondering what everyone thinks about the dinosaur debate as it pertains to religious arguments.

My experience has been that some believe that Dinosaurs are in conflict with the timeline the bible lays out.

I have once heard a southern baptist minister in the US claim that dinosaurs are a test of the christian faith. I have heard all sorts of commentary that fossils were falsely placed there by god as a test. Im not one to seek solace knowing that god is a prankster, however i'd love to hear how others interpret this in their faith. (this is not a faith bashing session, religion interests me and i feel that if people really looked into their religion more, would find solutions to multireligious/multicultural world peace of sorts).
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

what gets me is christianity has a starting point well after humans were living on earth, it was writtin by humans and its some how evolved into pseado fact lol.

personaly i like the roman gods , i can dig a cat like zeus :coffeecanuck:
GO CANUCKS GO
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

The idea is that the story was handed to humans by angels. But the discriptors of time are very similar to the hindu cycles of time. something like 10 billion years being equivalent to 1 day or one night in the life of brahma... something like that... (i mean in relation to the creation story)
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

religious dinosaur rodeo :dyinglaughing: I believe :200: I believe :loonytunes:
oldhippy
Board Meister

Post by oldhippy »

grumpydigger wrote:religious dinosaur rodeo :dyinglaughing: I believe :200: I believe :loonytunes:

Our Native Elders have Metaphors to live by … I believe somewhere in History … Horus (re spelling) was born to the virgin Marie … he also walked on water and healed people … 3000 years before Jesus …

It seems that somewhere along the line … someone made it like “real” no longer a Metaphor to live by
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

westsidebud wrote:personaly i like the roman gods , i can dig a cat like zeus

well if that doesn't just about sum it up for this thread...oy...nuff said. :spinball:
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

oldhippy wrote:Our Native Elders have Metaphors to live by … I believe somewhere in History … Horus (re spelling) was born to the virgin Marie … he also walked on water and healed people … 3000 years before Jesus …

Source?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

sobrohusfat wrote:
westsidebud wrote:personaly i like the roman gods , i can dig a cat like zeus

well if that doesn't just about sum it up for this thread...oy...nuff said. :spinball:

lol. It's all Greek to me :D
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I think Jesus on dinosaurs would be the ultimate attack unit in any computer game.

Or a final boss.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

BVulgaris wrote:I am wondering what everyone thinks about the dinosaur debate as it pertains to religious arguments.

The dinosaur debate is to (some of) the religious as the Elvis/alien connection is to the tinfoil-hats, massively important yet utterly devoid of evidence.

When I was a Christian I went through a phase where my religious dogma needed to trump reality and that eventually lead me to atheism. The dinosaur "debate" is an interesting semi-intellectual exercise, much like the Atlantis debate.
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

What debate?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

Nebula wrote:What debate?

LOL, you have bigger cojones than me, I wouldn't want to try and wrassle that word out of their maniac hands.
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hellomynameis wrote:
Nebula wrote:What debate?

LOL, you have bigger cojones than me, I wouldn't want to try and wrassle that word out of their maniac hands.

Jesus and Dinosaurs existing are not exclusive from the other. Duh. Both as historical facts being well established one has to wonder how dogmatic Christians veered off the cliff when it came to: DINO's are older. That's it. No freaking debate needed here.

I also had bizzare thoughts as to how GrammaFreddy came up the the original post, I even imagined that somehow HMNI achieved a higher level of consciousness, so much so that he managed the most successful New Age Astral Projection ever and took over GF's keyboard and account. I had to look at the OP thru blurry eyes so many times, it hurt.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Queen K wrote:Jesus and Dinosaurs existing are not exclusive from the other. Duh. Both as historical facts being well established

Oop, apparently we have a debate.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”