How did we get here ?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Al Czervic
Guru

How did we get here ?

Post by Al Czervic »

Adam & Eve ? Did we evolve from primates as Darwin suggests? Populated by Aliens ? or ?

Please no debate or ridicule or attacks I am legitimately interested to hear people’s personal beliefs as to where we came from.

For the purpose of this thread there is no right or wrong I am just very curious to hear what everyone has to say.

Many thx in advance.
Back with a vengeance
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Re: How did we get here ?

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Stork brought me
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

old-bushman wrote:Stork brought me

Well last night you looked like the cat dragged you in.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Just because I was covered in sawdust and mud and smelled like campfire smoke?

BTW If it was a cat that dragged me in, it would be at least a D5
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

I tend to favor Darwins theory.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Genetically, my roots are unmistakeably from the African continent. My ancestors were big on the travelling thang, so after a few cycles around Asia and Europe I ended up in Canada.

One of my claims to fame is that one of my ancestral grandfathers can be definitively traced back to about 75,000+/- ya, and my ancestral grandmother all the way back to 140,000ya!! I believe her name was Eve.
It wasn't all easy-times though -- tragedy struck about 70,000ya when we had a huge volcanic eruption took place out east , which reduced the word's population to about 15,000 individuals. My ancestors sure lost a lot of kin-folk following that trajedy :_(
On a brighter note, one of my forefathers must have been hung like a donkey, coz rumour has it that back in them bleak days, (post-eruption) there could have been as few as 400 female survivors!!
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Appreciate some of the answers. Thx !
Back with a vengeance
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Seriously, I tend to favour the evolution thaing. Creationism just seems to make even less sense.

Space Aliens? Well then were did they start?

My favorite tinfoil hat theory is that we are just an intergalactic fast food drive-thru.
Humans were put here like farm animals for fattening up. (We do taste like chicken) The space aliens get hungry on their travels through the cosmos and stop in here for a meal. Thats what happened to the Mayans. All those great big symbols carved into the plateau? The intergalactic equivalent of the Golden Arches.

They will be back soon. Look how they are fattening up the Americans!
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

old-bushman wrote:Seriously, I tend to favour the evolution thaing. Creationism just seems to make even less sense.

Space Aliens? Well then were did they start?

My favorite tinfoil hat theory is that we are just an intergalactic fast food drive-thru.
Humans were put here like farm animals for fattening up. (We do taste like chicken) The space aliens get hungry on their travels through the cosmos and stop in here for a meal. Thats what happened to the Mayans. All those great big symbols carved into the plateau? The intergalactic equivalent of the Golden Arches.

They will be back soon. Look how they are fattening up the Americans!

And you pretty much touched on so many points. There are many mysteries in the world and it seems the more you have answers or think you have answers, the more questions those answers create. Much we know is factual and verifiable, but then there is the theory, or should I say theories

I have never had much time in my life to stop and ponder many of these questions, but they have always been there for me, and that is why I am interested to hear what others have to say on the topic. I do find it fascinating.
Back with a vengeance
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

A great question and it makes me think. I'm more curious as to why we are here
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
quietlywatching84
Übergod

Post by quietlywatching84 »

This reminds me of a saying:

No matter where you go, there you are.
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I guess "we" could mean our physical selves , or spirit/ghost self. Two separate species... I find it interesting that there are about 4 or 5 shows on TV dealing with ghosts and the paranormal, seems people are taking an interest.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

I think our buddy Al started a thread that may never end, because there is no end to the theories. It means something slightly different to everybody from what I see.

Good honest question,Al. Hope you get more good honest answers.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I wish I kept that comic book because it explained out existence like this:

An alien space craft came and out came a good looking white guy. He possessed fire and magic and all the Neanderthal's were in awe and it was good.

Then came another space ship and out came a good looking blonde woman. She and the first guy produced wonderful looking children and lived with the Neanderthals and interbred and everything.

Then, one day, a spark of anger and jealousy happened and drove the human looking alines away, leaving only their compatible gene/chromosomes behind to be perpetuated onto the human lineage.

Thus the "Adam and Eve" story and the fossil records of the Neanderthals are not incompatible afterall.

The End.

Seriously, all in a comic book.

What do I believe personally? Depends on the time of day.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

old-bushman wrote:I think our buddy Al started a thread that may never end, because there is no end to the theories. It means something slightly different to everybody from what I see.

Good honest question,Al. Hope you get more good honest answers.

I didn’t know what to expect when I asked the question but I do appreciate that there are some who also share the same interest in this subject that I do. I am looking forward to hearing from others.
Back with a vengeance

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”