Jesus and the Dinosaurs

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Re: Jesus and the Dinosaurs

Post by BVulgaris »

I thought genesis depicted the birth of everything else, and then adam and eve came into the picture. So the earth may have already had animals on it. But the final sprinkle were the humans. So dino's as well as other species could have been grooming the environment for the arrival of adam and eve... dunno just a thought
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Queen K wrote:
I also had bizzare thoughts as to how GrammaFreddy came up the the original post, I even imagined that somehow HMNI achieved a higher level of consciousness, so much so that he managed the most successful New Age Astral Projection ever and took over GF's keyboard and account. I had to look at the OP thru blurry eyes so many times, it hurt.

Huh??????? I am not really me?? When did that happen???????

BTW - I see the pic is now gone :( Awwwww ... it was so ... colourful.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

GF, I was surprised that you started a thread here too, was it just venting rage at being P.O'd at the religious in the abortion rally thread?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

i thought the picture was hillarious. Especially the color descriptors..... .flesh color being "flesh of christ"
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

zzontar wrote:GF, I was surprised that you started a thread here too, was it just venting rage at being P.O'd at the religious in the abortion rally thread?

No, not at all. I just thought the cartoon was funny and this IS the religion forum. Sheesh.

Where would you have preferred that I post it?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

grammafreddy wrote:
zzontar wrote:GF, I was surprised that you started a thread here too, was it just venting rage at being P.O'd at the religious in the abortion rally thread?

No, not at all. I just thought the cartoon was funny and this IS the religion forum. Sheesh.

Where would you have preferred that I post it?

Just thought it was odd that the first thread I can recall you starting on this forum coincided with the same timeframe of obviously being upset with the religious in the abortion thread, no biggy, just an observation.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
RePete

Post by RePete »

The fact that there is a debate at all over a semi-fictional human co-existing with dinosaurs 2000 yrs ago is truly sad and puzzling in this century. It is beyond silly. Move along. Nothing worth debating here.
"Life ! Grab it by the ears and give it a big, wet, sloppy kiss, right on the mouth" P.Watson

"Many a man may look respectable, and yet be able to hide at will behind a spiral staircase" Wodehouse
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

i think the only debate on the subject really is the question of the standard measurement of time in the creation story in Genesis.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

BVulgaris wrote:i think the only debate on the subject really is the question of the standard measurement of time in the creation story in Genesis.

well i disagree in that i think the bible is just a grand story
GO CANUCKS GO
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by maxx »

westsidebud wrote:
BVulgaris wrote:i think the only debate on the subject really is the question of the standard measurement of time in the creation story in Genesis.

well i disagree in that i think the bible is just a grand story

I agree as well....most successful novel ever written.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

Acctualy, im beggining to realize that there is a huge possibility that the bible is a compilation of philosphies and stories dating back as far as the zorroasterian religion before the time of noah... maybe even farther.

it might be the wrong place to start talking about it but, it seems the construction of christianity revolves more around the early church fathers ("architects" of the christian church system) taking from pagan, jewish, and zorroasterian philosophy and creating a new church on the religious basies posed by jesus of nazzareth. It seems to further evolve this way as the romans develop christianity (with constantine leading this in some ways) into a power structure eventually with a religious state (something jesus talked against).

Im not sure anyone got the message jesus....it was a great lecture though!

There is an amazing documentary called "who wrote the bible?" The "investigator"/narrator takes a journey to multiple locations to peice together the acctual evidences and stories of how the bible got to become the document it is. Who was involved, and how they did it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2061773048178434620&hl=en#
oldhippy
Board Meister

Post by oldhippy »

BVulgaris wrote:lol, you've touched on an interesting topic with a picture that only raises further questions.

10/10 points ;)

I am wondering what everyone thinks about the dinosaur debate as it pertains to religious arguments.

My experience has been that some believe that Dinosaurs are in conflict with the timeline the bible lays out.

I have once heard a southern baptist minister in the US claim that dinosaurs are a test of the christian faith. I have heard all sorts of commentary that fossils were falsely placed there by god as a test. Im not one to seek solace knowing that god is a prankster, however i'd love to hear how others interpret this in their faith. (this is not a faith bashing session, religion interests me and i feel that if people really looked into their religion more, would find solutions to multireligious/multicultural world peace of sorts).

Have you not heard that my Native Ancestors used to ride dinosaurs ... it was the only way they could catch up to the Woolly Mammoth and spear them to death...
don_pepe

Post by don_pepe »

Creationist like to point to the Behemoth in the book of Job as proof that man walked together with dinosaurs but if you examine 40:17 "He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together." the animal in question has external testicles which means it must be a mammal not a reptile.
bcbudrockz69
Übergod

Post by bcbudrockz69 »

don_pepe wrote:Creationist like to point to the Behemoth in the book of Job as proof that man walked together with dinosaurs but if you examine 40:17 "He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together." the animal in question has external testicles which means it must be a mammal not a reptile.

interesting point lol :ohmygod:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Awwwwwwwwwww ... this is sweet ...

http://gorightly.files.wordpress.com/20 ... osaurs.jpg

But for all those missing the original posted image, here ya go ...

jesus-dinosaur-sm.jpg

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”