Bush League

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
animal lover1
Generalissimo Postalot

Bush League

Post by animal lover1 »

This is pathetic. Don't they test the equipment?? Wayne in a pickup??

We look like clowns to the world.
I truly enjoyed the first 2 hours, then stupidity took over.
Great job.

Poor wayne-he looked embarrassed.
refrig_guy77

Re: Bush League

Post by refrig_guy77 »

I would have to agree. Everything was so well done right up to that pitiful cauldron lighting. VANOC really dropped the ball on that. The look on Wayne's face said it all!
I will not stand idly by while you abrogate my plans! You shall rue this day!... Well, go on, start ruing!
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Hauling him in an SUV to light the second fortress of solitude cyrstal structure stupid thingy was pretty tacky. The whole point of the torch is to run with it from here to there. They did it all across Canada stopping all over and making a big deal of it....only to haul him in a big ole gas gussling SUV with the lights flashing. Pretty embarassing. Makes us all look stupid.....more stupid that is. Hauling snow in with $2000 an hour sikorski helicopters makes us look stupid enough.
Find something to give a damn about!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No, hauling snow and ice makes us look like we are a Country unaccustomed to lacking snow and Ice where and when it counts. What makes us look stupid is statements that this really does not affect our Carbon output very much, still making us the Greenest Olympics ever. Now that's stupid.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Queen K wrote:No, hauling snow and ice makes us look like we are a Country unaccustomed to lacking snow and Ice where and when it counts. What makes us look stupid is statements that this really does not affect our Carbon output very much, still making us the Greenest Olympics ever. Now that's stupid.

Nothing says Green like and carbon aware like hauling the olympic flame in a big a$$ SUV Escalade or whatever. Oh yea, that sends the right message!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Whining about every single thing like little babies makes us look even more stupid, I'll say.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Captain Awesome wrote:Whining about every single thing like little babies makes us look even more stupid, I'll say.

Said the whining pot to kettle.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Cateyes wrote:Said the whining pot to kettle.

Wait, did I post how Wayne was too sweaty, his truck was too big, too many maple leaves were wasted, and not to mention electricity wasted on flashlights??? Dang, I must be sleep-whining again!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm here to whine how there were no beavers. Not one. The whole reason the voyagers came into this vast land, to feed the fashion frenzy of Spoiled Rich Europeans who could not say no to one more felted hat.

I think the humble Beaver deserves and apology, GAWD KNOWs enough of them died for the NorthWest Cause.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

Queen K wrote:I'm here to whine how there were no beavers. Not one. The whole reason the voyagers came into this vast land, to feed the fashion frenzy of Spoiled Rich Europeans who could not say no to one more felted hat.

I think the humble Beaver deserves and apology, GAWD KNOWs enough of them died for the NorthWest Cause.

Most likely if you were to watch Totem poles again their would be what you are asking about.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Queen K wrote:I'm here to whine how there were no beavers. Not one. The whole reason the voyagers came into this vast land, to feed the fashion frenzy of Spoiled Rich Europeans who could not say no to one more felted hat.

Here! viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23754

It's beavertastic!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Cateyes wrote:Hauling him in an SUV to light the second fortress of solitude cyrstal structure stupid thingy was pretty tacky. The whole point of the torch is to run with it from here to there. They did it all across Canada stopping all over and making a big deal of it....only to haul him in a big ole gas gussling SUV with the lights flashing. Pretty embarassing. Makes us all look stupid.....more stupid that is. Hauling snow in with $2000 an hour sikorski helicopters makes us look stupid enough.

My goodness give it a rest already.

FYI the Olympic torch was hauled by vehicle in other places too so likely due to time constraints and the fact that the main ceremony was indoors it's not that big of an issue that they used a truck.

I'm guessing a Smart car for the eco friendly set might have been a bit hard to carry the torch in without igniting it.

When I think of stupid it's generally a result of browsing Castanet and running across endless posts of yours griping about anything and everything.

You sure don't seem to like much of anything in BC or Canada from the posts I've seen.

Perhaps you might consider relocating to Haiti.

At least then you'd have something legitimate to complain about.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:Whining about every single thing like little babies makes us look even more stupid, I'll say.

Captain. I really hope your Olympic experience is the best thing it can be (did you ever tell us what hockey game you get to see?). I can appreciate how excited you must be and can understand it has to be hard watching this whole Olympic thing falling apart right in front of your eyes. First God decides it is a farce and decides to bring the warm weather, rain and fog, and then tragedy strikes. Captain, I hate to say it but no one is noticing our whining. There are enough things happenning for us to be embarrassed about.
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Thank god I managed to sell my tickets. For awhile there I thought I was going to be stuck with them as nobody seemed interested. Finally managed to unload them on some American sucker for more than face value.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

steven lloyd wrote:...it has to be hard watching this whole Olympic thing falling apart right in front of your eyes. First God decides it is a farce and decides to bring the warm weather, rain and fog, and then tragedy strikes. Captain, I hate to say it but no one is noticing our whining. There are enough things happenning for us to be embarrassed about.

By now you know we'll never come to an agreement. Different people see different things. Some people see a great event in the making, some people see a big waste of money. Some people see this thing falling apart while others get excited. While some people are preoccupied about oppression, stolen land, poverty, drug problems, North American Union, human and whale rights, midgets boxing...others are not. Some people are proud to live in a great country, some people are embarrassed about it.

PS: It's one of the play-off qualifications games.

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”