"More French in the ceremonies"

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
Liberty and Truth

Re: "More French in the ceremonies"

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Like a whiney child the only reason Quebec whines is because everyone jumps up and falls over each other to apologize every time they do. If we just ignored them and send "blech...get over it" they'd learn - ok - maybe we should just shut up. We need some gonads here for a change - let them have another referendum - that's what they always threaten to do - just like little kids always threaten to run away from home. See ya.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

So let me ask you whiney western bigots this.

Does this mean then that to you Canada has yet to win a gold on home soil as the only one so far is from Quebec.?

Also it must really get your bigoted blood boiling that that honor will go down in history for Quebecois .!! :skyisfalling:
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Liberty and Truth

flyerfan2 wrote:So let me ask you whiney western bigots this.

Does this mean then that to you Canada has yet to win a gold on home soil as the only one so far is from Quebec.?

Also it must really get your bigoted blood boiling that that honor will go down in history for Quebecois .!! :skyisfalling:

this is being posted for comedic purposes right? You can't post "bigoted blood boiling" for any purposes other than to try and get laughs right? Like seriously dude - that is some great stuff - I just about fell off my chair laughing - you should send this stuff in to Leno or Letterman, they'd hire you in a heartbeat. Anyway - I salute you - you started off my day with a giant belly laugh - thank you.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

^^^^ Nope.!!!

It's to bad that a few have taken a time that should unite the country and bring it closer together, and be a moment of pride on a whole for the country and instead turned it into your own little hate mongering against a select group of this country.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

flyerfan2 wrote:^^^^ Nope.!!!

It's to bad that a few have taken a time that should unite the country and bring it closer together, and be a moment of pride on a whole for the country and instead turned it into your own little hate mongering against a select group of this country.

You should perhaps convey your sentiments on unity to your idol Jean Charest.

Where I come from you don't throw the gauntlet then *bleep* when you get slapped back.

No shortage of bigotry emanating from Quebecois either unless you have blinders on.

As for the Gold medal remark I couldn't care less how it goes down in history and it sure as heck isn't going to boil my blood.

Plenty of western tax dollars went to the Olympic venture and the athletes.

I also was of the thought that the Olympics were about countries and not provinces or states so until we find a way to float you and your beloved Quebec to France you're a part of Canada whether you like it or not.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
MADGE
Fledgling

Post by MADGE »

Canada :sunshine:

First nations, inuit, metis, with European background were here first, then the Vikings.
John Cabot from England, 1497. Jaque Cartier from France, 1544. Then Alexander Mckenzie, James Cook, and George Vancouver. Parts of Canada were settled by England, Scotland and France.
In 1608 Samuel De Champlain settled Quebec.
The British took control of the French areas on the Plains of Abraham 1759. The U S tried to take us over several times but it did not work. Thousands of United Empire Loyalists left US to Canada during the 1812 war with the US Inluding my Great Great Grandfather. The Boats landed in Newyork and Boston from Europe. Canadians faught in world war one because we were part of the British Empire. In 1931 Canada became independent and the Government makes all our decisions. In 1995 Quebec took an referendem and 50% of them wanted to leave Canada.

French is only our second language because the government wants to keep them happy so they will not leave. What else are they going to demand. Bring back the Queen. She is still head of the Country and last time I looked she is from Britian. Looking at history our second lanquage could also be galic, or inuit, Metis, firstnations, besides French. Back to the Plains of Abraham I guess we have to take control of the French areas again. What do you think. :skippingsheep:
Liberty and Truth

I totally agree with you - it was extremely aggravating that given this should be a time for pride for the whole country that some idiot Quebec politicians decided to nit-pick (or "hate monger" as you put it - such a way with words you have!!) on a completely stupid issue like not enough French in the opening ceremonies just to score political points with the dumber members of their electorate. Good to see we agree on something here - and by the way - it is the Quebec politicians you were referring to when you said "a few" and it was English Canada you meant when you said "select group of this country" right? What else could you mean? The facts are pretty clear here, I'd hate for you to warp them in any way for reasons unknown.

What a shame - thse politicians, if they are so dedicated to their goal of separation, should give up their Canadian salaries, their pensions and all their other goodies they get from Canada, just to show how dedicated they are. That would really send the right message, instead of the message they always send - greedy little whining *bleep* out to milk as much as they can out of Canada with no sense of shame whatsoever.
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by maxx »

Liberty and Truth wrote:

I totally agree with you - it was extremely aggravating that given this should be a time for pride for the whole country that some idiot Quebec politicians decided to nit-pick (or "hate monger" as you put it - such a way with words you have!!) on a completely stupid issue like not enough French in the opening ceremonies just to score political points with the dumber members of their electorate. Good to see we agree on something here - and by the way - it is the Quebec politicians you were referring to when you said "a few" and it was English Canada you meant when you said "select group of this country" right? What else could you mean? The facts are pretty clear here, I'd hate for you to warp them in any way for reasons unknown.

What a shame - thse politicians, if they are so dedicated to their goal of separation, should give up their Canadian salaries, their pensions and all their other goodies they get from Canada, just to show how dedicated they are. That would really send the right message, instead of the message they always send - greedy little whining *bleep* out to milk as much as they can out of Canada with no sense of shame whatsoever.

Amen brother......
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Liberty and Truth wrote:

Exactly, yet I can guarantee they never will.

Flyerfan choses to ignore this fact, and live in his/her oblivious little haven.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Inate8 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:

Flyerfan choses to ignore this fact, and live in his/her oblivious little haven.
I'm not ignoring anything, in fact it is next to impossible to ignore the type of hate being directed towards French CANADIANS in this thread.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Did you know that if you opened a store in Montreal, as is your right, and you put a sign on the front of it in English, which should be your right, you would be breaking the law. If you open a store in Calgary, which is your right, and you put a sign in the front in French (or Hindi, Japanese, Chinese, Bulgarian etc), which is your right, there would be nothing wrong with that. Where do the bigots and racists live?
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

flyerfan2 wrote:
Inate8 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:

I'm not ignoring anything, in fact it is next to impossible to ignore the type of hate being directed towards French CANADIANS in this thread.

And we are pointing out the reverse and you choose to ignore that and say it is okay.
Go figure, go bigot yourself to sleep tonight, and go back to Quebec you blind bigot.

See I can use the word too. It's fun but it really means nothing here, as it doesn't apply.
Let me clarify that for you, I accept and thrive on different cultures, I love learning about them and the different manners they exist. I do not appreciate being excluded because I only learned one of the languages in a bi-lingual country. Which in quebec is what happens over time, I should, in all practice be able to live comfortably there speaking only English, but that is not the case. I get excluded, mocked lightly from time to time, etc over there. All because I speak only English and the very basics of french. Yet I am over there, trying to live within their culture as well as I can given my skill set.

Tell me again who the bigot's are?
Last edited by Loed on Feb 16th, 2010, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

rookie314 wrote:Did you know that if you opened a store in Montreal, as is your right, and you put a sign on the front of it in English, which should be your right, you would be breaking the law. If you open a store in Calgary, which is your right, and you put a sign in the front in French (or Hindi, Japanese, Chinese, Bulgarian etc), which is your right, there would be nothing wrong with that. Where do the bigots and racists live?

That is interesting to know thank you.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Inate8 wrote:
flyerfan2 wrote:
Inate8 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:

And we are pointing out the reverse and you choose to ignore that and say it is okay.
Go figure, go bigot yourself to sleep tonight, and go back to Quebec you blind bigot.

See I can use the word too. It's fun but it really means nothing here, as it doesn't apply.

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Thanks for showing what level your really at.!!
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

flyerfan2 wrote:
Inate8 wrote:
flyerfan2 wrote:
Inate8 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Thanks for showing what level your really at.!!

Good job reading the entire post and choosing to ignore certain bits, including bleeding sarcasm.

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”