The Glitch Games

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Glitch Games

Post by Captain Awesome »

Nebula wrote:How come you never told anyone you were a member of the elite until now?

I'm so elite, I shop at Superstore, not Walmart!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Nebula wrote:How come you never told anyone you were a member of the elite until now?

I'm so elite, I shop at Superstore, not Walmart!

My, that is up there, do you have a brother?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

NAB wrote:LOL. :-) I don't watch the events on TV, but considering they are happening not far away from where I am as the crow flys and I spent some time today pruning the roses and mowing the lawn somehow the concept of "Winter" Olympics gets lost on me. Also lost on me are the shenanigans downtown, but then I am a bit on the "mature" side to be attracted to participating in such hijinks.

That said, what little I see in terms of reports give me the impression that things are going very very well after a stumbling start. None of that of course will stop the financial outcome for Canadian taxpayers being a relative disaster, but then it's far too late to fret about that.

Nab

What are you doing here? Why are you not blindly cheerleading and defending, damn the consequences. Intelligent well thought out posts like this are simply unacceptable around here. Moderators, why are you not censoring this garbage??!!
Find something to give a damn about!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Cateyes wrote:
NAB wrote:LOL. :-) I don't watch the events on TV, but considering they are happening not far away from where I am as the crow flys and I spent some time today pruning the roses and mowing the lawn somehow the concept of "Winter" Olympics gets lost on me. Also lost on me are the shenanigans downtown, but then I am a bit on the "mature" side to be attracted to participating in such hijinks.

That said, what little I see in terms of reports give me the impression that things are going very very well after a stumbling start. None of that of course will stop the financial outcome for Canadian taxpayers being a relative disaster, but then it's far too late to fret about that.

Nab

What are you doing here? Why are you not blindly cheerleading and defending, damn the consequences. Intelligent well thought out posts like this are simply unacceptable around here. Moderators, why are you not censoring this garbage??!!

:coffeecanuck: Well Nab, he does have a point.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If one more Olympic Street car hits a Jeep I'm gonna swear there was a curse.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

There is a curse Queenie, and it’s one of those curses that will last for generations. Fifty years from now our children’s children will be asking why they are still paying to rebuild public infrastructure and services that once existed and performed very successfully in this province but were dismantled for nothing more than ideological reasons by a spoiled and sulken child. They will be wondering why they are still paying taxes to pay down the debt left by more than ten years of Liberal rule (how many years did they actually need to get something figured out?). They will be especially curious about this because despite all the rhetoric they heard from their grandparents about the NDP, the province had always quickly recovered from their fiscal bloopers and yet, fifty years later, the people of this province were still paying for the fraudulent activity and ineptitude of the Campbell government. Lastly they will be wondering why we allowed Campbell to leave this nation and retire to a country without an extradition treaty.
Type_O
Board Meister

Post by Type_O »

Unless someone steps up to the plate that hits your sweet spots Steven, I believe you will continue to digress.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Type_O wrote:Unless someone steps up to the plate that hits your sweet spots Steven, I believe you will continue to digress.

:137: Is that your final answer ?
Type_O
Board Meister

Post by Type_O »

I form an opinion, based on what I understand.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Type_O wrote:I form an opinion, based on what I understand.

Thanks. That explains a lot.
Type_O
Board Meister

Post by Type_O »

Good for you.

You, Steven, expressed an opinion based on your definition of explanation.

Bravo.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Type_O wrote:Good for you. You, Steven, expressed an opinion based on your definition of explanation. Bravo.

:137: Is this another opinion "based on what you understand" ?
Type_O
Board Meister

Post by Type_O »

Smell, taste and touch pretty much covers it all.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Type_O wrote:Smell, taste and touch pretty much covers it all.

:137: I guess so ( noting "thinking", particularly "critical thinking" is conspicuously absent ).
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

steven lloyd wrote:
Type_O wrote:Unless someone steps up to the plate that hits your sweet spots Steven, I believe you will continue to digress.

:137: Is that your final answer ?

Call a friend. :dyinglaughing:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”