Praise continues to roll in for the Games

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Re: Praise continues to roll in for the Games

Post by grumpydigger »

AL is in the hot tub.........and the rest of BC must pay for the elite party........ living in a dream world must be hard work..............
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

To accept such praise we would have to be ores men on a ship of fools. When this is said and done
I don't want to hear any of these blind praise people complaining when the rest of us ask for a
Provincial budget without any cuts. If we can afford to throw such a party we can afford full
education, full medical and so on. I think 6 billion is minimum it will be more like 8 billion or more.
We thought the Kim in North Korea was nuts holding a ten million dollar birthday party while the
people were starving, so what about a multi billion dollar party while we are in recession and broke?
If we can afford games for rich people we can afford services for everybody.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Just gotta pee in every thread don't you! :200:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Queen K wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:
Fritzthecat wrote:
LoneWolf_53 wrote:Let's not forget Bingogate! :dyinglaughing:

That right. But let's not talk about all the crud Gordo and his regime of thugs has done, OK?
Don't want to hurt Al's feelings.

I am about to go outside, sit back in the hot tub, kick back with a glass of Bruichladdich and enjoy the lights of Kelowna. Nothing can ruin this moment. Not even you Fritz !

While you're there, take a moment of silence to contemplate loss of legal aid, beds at the Hospice, thousands of laid off teachers, contracted out jobs for the Olympics, cut backs in homesupport, laid off long term care aides, lowering of creditials needed for Supervisors in IHA, Drop-In Center closing due to loss of funding,.....just a few of Conservative's Favourite Things....

Yes I know Queenie the sky always has to be falling down somewhere.
Back with a vengeance
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

This piece by NBC on Canada was really amazing - made me proud to be a Canadian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItS ... -main-area

Way to go Canada - this is your time to shine - and we are shining brightly.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Liberty and Truth wrote:This piece by NBC on Canada was really amazing - made me proud to be a Canadian:

I wonder if all that "SHINE" will make it easier over the next twenty five or thirty years while tax payers try and pay for this.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Liberty and Truth

flyerfan2 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:This piece by NBC on Canada was really amazing - made me proud to be a Canadian:

I wonder if all that "SHINE" will make it easier over the next twenty five or thirty years while tax payers try and pay for this.

ok - and IF for whatever reason, it doesn't take us 30 years to pay for the olympics, are all the people peeing on this parade going to apologize for how negative they have been? I doubt it.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
flyerfan2 wrote:

ok - and IF for whatever reason, it doesn't take us 30 years to pay for the olympics, are all the people peeing on this parade going to apologize for how negative they have been? I doubt it.

No way. They'll just get really quiet on that topic and find something new to harp on about using distorted mathematics and rationalization to support their argument and shift focus in the hopes that we'll have forgotten.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
flyerfan2 wrote:

Sure , i have no problem admitting when i am wrong.

The sad part is tho that age will dictate that in thirty years i'll probably be dead and gone and miss your apology.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Liberty and Truth

flyerfan2 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
flyerfan2 wrote:

Sure , i have no problem admitting when i am wrong.

The sad part is tho that age will dictate that in thirty years i'll probably be dead and gone and miss your apology.

Judging from all I am seeing down here in Vancouver I highly doubt it will take 30 years to pay this all back - things are just rocking here! People from all over the world are praising us as amazing hosts and loving it here. What an awesome awesome spectacular event. The transit system is extremely well done - very impressive. Can't beat this spirit. I feel sorry for all you guys who can't get down here to experience this first hand.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
Judging from all I am seeing down here in Vancouver I highly doubt it will take 30 years to pay this all back - things are just rocking here! People from all over the world are praising us as amazing hosts and loving it here. What an awesome awesome spectacular event. The transit system is extremely well done - very impressive. Can't beat this spirit. I feel sorry for all you guys who can't get down here to experience this first hand.

I am heading down as well. I figure at my age this will be my last opportunity to ever experience a winter Olympic Games and why not here in B.C. my home province? The ‘hordes can stay home complaining as they always do.
Back with a vengeance
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

if you think gordo cut back on stuff because of the olympics, then vote his azz out next election. simple
GO CANUCKS GO
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

westsidebud wrote:if you think gordo cut back on stuff because of the olympics, then vote his azz out next election. simple

Exactly. But the ‘hordes would rather keep Carol James as the "leader" to ensure that Campbell keeps getting elected. Besides if Campbell were gone who would the ‘hordes have to blame for everything?
Back with a vengeance
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Well if we are going to turn political here too, I just watched the Colbert Report. (Not to worry, I'm not so mindless I make a habit of it, it's just that I heard he was going to do an Olympic moment with South Vancouver Liberal MP and former BC NDP Premier Ujjal Dosanjh and I needed to see that!!!!).

ROFLMAO! Worth of a bit spot on TV with Steven Colbert, less than ten cents (American)..

...Ujjal Dosanjh's face with his mouth open when he was cut off speachless,...

....PRICELESS!

What a useless piece of work he is when someone like smart *bleep* Colbert can mop the floor with him. What an embarrassing left wing loser. ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

NAB wrote:Well if we are going to turn political here too, I just watched the Colbert Report. (Not to worry, I'm not so mindless I make a habit of it, it's just that I heard he was going to do an Olympic moment with South Vancouver Liberal MP and former BC NDP Premier Ujjal Dosanjh and I needed to see that!!!!).

ROFLMAO! Worth of a bit spot on TV with Steven Colbert, less than ten cents (American)..

...Ujjal Dosanjh's face with his mouth open when he was cut off speachless,...

....PRICELESS!

What a useless piece of work he is when someone like smart *bleep* Colbert can mop the floor with him. What an embarrassing left wing loser. ;-)

Nab

I would love to see that....any links ? That might have made my evening just hearing about it.
Back with a vengeance

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”