Feb. 28 Olympic Event - Men's Gold @ Rutland Centennial Hall

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
JayPeeWhy
Board Meister

Re: Feb. 28 Olympic Event - Men's Gold @ Rutland Centennial Hall

Post by JayPeeWhy »

coffeeFreak wrote: I don't hear anyone giving kudos and raving on about how great other businesses, theatres and church groups are for organizing similar parties.

What makes Letnick's party any different; what privilege does he have that the rest of us don't? Oh yeah, I forgot he's a BC LIBERAL politician...he's special :dyinglaughing:

He was being given kudos because the initial post was just asking about the event and then someone started slamming it.

Why is Leitnicks party any different? I don't know. It's only you saying it is. Someone asked for some details on the event that was all. The thread was hijcked by the anti squad after that.

Don't see anyone giving credit to other businesses, theatres and church groups? Read SNAP Okanagan Newspaper. Lots of good community stuff in there giving credit to groups like those ... althought I agree, there isn't media space given to these smaller groups, I would rather read about them than drug busts and car crime.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Just phone in today and got my seats. Their is still room left for anybody thinking of going. And if you are going you might see me in there. I will be the one wearing the Canada jersey :dyinglaughing:
Life is too sho......
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I say good on Letnick for organizing this. Thought it might be a bit premature.

I don't know how successful it might be if the men's team loses today......
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

grammafreddy wrote:
MorningGlory wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Who is paying for this little additional party? The taxpayers AGAIN??????

From what I heard, it's coming out of Letnick's own pockets...

And who pays his salary these days?

My oh my, you're beginning to become just about as much of a sour puss as Cateyes always quick to jump on anything that gives you an opportunity to flame.

You should be aware you aren't the sole tax payer in the country and in this instance you're just way out of line complaining about what a person does with his own money.

How would you feel if someone on here took shots at how you spend your funds?

I mean old age pension checks come from tax dollars too now don't they? :wink:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:

How would you feel if someone on here took shots at how you spend your funds?

I mean old age pension checks come from tax dollars too now don't they? :wink:

:dyinglaughing:
Life is too sho......
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

jaz301 wrote:Just phone in today and got my seats. Their is still room left for anybody thinking of going. And if you are going you might see me in there. I will be the one wearing the Canada jersey :dyinglaughing:

I think I will pass, I will be somewhere the seats are much closer to the action;)
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Is off to Rutland Centennial Hall to watch the gold medal game. GO CANADA GO!!!!!
Life is too sho......
JayPeeWhy
Board Meister

Post by JayPeeWhy »

Great game. Do you think if more than 5 other countries played hockey it would be a more relevant sport though? It would be great if we beat teams that had more than ten people in their country too. Maybe if some of those teams weren't made up of carpenters and school teachers it would add further credibility. Watching NHL superhero Crosby skim past a one legged Latvian fur trapper in his mid fourties was fun though :)

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”