Canadian Women

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Re: Canadian men

Post by eyepop »

:..If I wasn't married....."

you would smoke cigars and drink beer?

Re: Canadian men

Post by Liberty and Truth »

eyepop wrote::..If I wasn't married....."

you would smoke cigars and drink beer?

:dyinglaughing:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Canadian Women

Post by Bsuds »

Women, Beer and Cigars...Bill Clinton will have another heart attack! :200:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Of course the American's are going to make a bit deal out of it, we kicked their butts.......
Good on the ladies...............and the stuffed shirt IOC dudes can stick it where the sun don't shine.....
MJC83
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MJC83 »

I can't believe this is even being made a big deal of. I bet 20 years ago or even 10 this wouldn't have been a big deal. But nowadays with everything having to be so PC, it's a big deal. Right in there with "Don't say Merry Christmas, say Happy Holidays. The word "Christmas" might offend some tight *bleep* idiots"

They won gold, they're happy, they're celebrating. It's not like the whipped the beers out while the medals were being handed out. They waited till the fans had all left. The fact that they had to apologize for this is what I find disgraceful.

Haha, naturally the people who find it offensive besides the IOC and COC are all mostly over 40 yrolds. It's funny how the older generation magically forgets that they were young once and condemn any behavior that they wouldn't partake in now at their age yet did when they were younger.

Damn those nasty Canadians who celebrated with a few beers and champagne. Now the Olympics will never be the same.
"There's no such thing as a bad beer, there's just some better than others." - My Uncle Ole
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

A big deal for about half a day but just one more thing to add to the list embarrassments. As I predicted, the negative reviews have returned with the rain.
http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/arch ... ada/36596/
Last edited by Cateyes on Feb 26th, 2010, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Find something to give a damn about!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Yuck...Coors light...belch..burp...where is the real Canadian beer? :130:

Womens Hockey..way more entertaining than the mens..At least the concentration and focus is
on the puck and the goal instead of how to take out so & so...

If we can hurt the best scorer, maybe we got a chance...lame :spinball:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

While it likely wasn't the smartest move for the women's team to drink beer and smoke cigars in the middle of the ice, I would bet money that if this had been done by the men's hockey team no one would have blinked an eye. They would just be relieved that the men's team was able to pull off the gold. After all, the men's team are the 'elite' of the millionaire NHL club.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

One more thing to add to the list of embarassements.............Give me a break.........
MJC83
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MJC83 »

Cateyes wrote:A big deal for a about half a day but just one more thing to add to the list embarrassments. As I predicted, the negative reviews have returned with the rain.
http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/arch ... ada/36596/

The Olympics are all about the athletes and the fans. And 90% of Vancouver have had a blast during these games. And so have the athletes. Medals or not it's an experience for any athlete to make it to the Olympic team and be chosen to represent the country.

Whine whine whine cry cry cry *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*. Maybe that should be the anthem played for all the people in the world who can do nothing but complain complain complain.
Last edited by MJC83 on Feb 26th, 2010, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no such thing as a bad beer, there's just some better than others." - My Uncle Ole
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

dirtybiker wrote:Yuck...Coors light...belch..burp...where is the real Canadian beer? :130:

Womens Hockey..way more entertaining than the mens..At least the concentration and focus is
on the puck and the goal instead of how to take out so & so...

If we can hurt the best scorer, maybe we got a chance...lame :spinball:

How about REAL beer period. Canadian beer is horsepi$$ compared to 'real' beer. If you believe otherwise you have been throughly brainwashed by advertising.

PS: I hope you realize Coors light bought in Canada is brewed in Canada. In the same places as these so called "real beers". Probably the exact same beer with more water added.

Closest you get to 'real beer' in Canada is some of the microbrew stuff. Some of that is stuff is not bad.
Find something to give a damn about!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Much ado about nothing.

If they Americans had any class, they would have stayed behind and joined in!
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Agreed Piecemaker! I see no problem with their celebration. They conducted themselves as one who's busted thier butt for years with a fantastic payoff at the end should be expected to.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The fans had left, only ushers and some media were in the arena, and an AP reporter called the IOC to ask what they thought about the celebration. It' all about creating a story where there is none. I'm glad the girls celebrated - they deserved it.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

They sure did deserve it............

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”