Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
animal lover1
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by animal lover1 »

If everyone puts cateyes on their ignore list, we can enjoy this victory and Cateyes can talk to the only person that cares about his/her opinion-Cateyes.
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Cateyes wrote:
Poindexter wrote:We won the Olympics!!!!!!!!

Oh brother.....where to begin.....sigh.....

Here's a thought............................... consider ENDING it! :200:

It HAS ended....THANK GOD! Now about that bill.

And what will realtors use as an excuse to keep asking prices high now. Poor realtors......we must help the realtors! :dyinglaughing:
Last edited by Cateyes on Feb 28th, 2010, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find something to give a damn about!
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Being a cynic is easy.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Nebula wrote:Being a cynic is easy.

No, it's not. Some of us work really, really hard at it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

:nyah: :nyah: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a game that was. Another gold medal which made history. Most gold medals(14) is the record for most gold medals by a country in the winter Olympics. :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:
Life is too sho......
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Cateyes wrote:My team? I don't have a 'team'.

Hey, Bitter Losers Squad is a team too.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

animal lover1 wrote:If everyone puts cateyes on their ignore list, we can enjoy this victory and Cateyes can talk to the only person that cares about his/her opinion-Cateyes.

I remember while being in high school in the seventies we had a room set up with a TV and all the students got to skip class and watch the Canada-Russia hockey series. I remember one poor sot who was cheering for the Russians, and of course everyone knew it was because he was such a loser and had no friends and obviously felt that negative attention was better than no attention at all. Very sad when I think of it now and realize that cateyes fits that bill perfectly. Very sad.

Poindexter wrote:We won the Olympics!!!!!!!!

I’m not a huge hockey fan (in fact, I was watching the Phoenix Open while flipping over every once in awhile to see what was happening) but I’m very happy for Canada, and I’m very happy for all my hockey fan friends. Congratulations Team Canada !!!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

jaz301 wrote::nyah: :nyah: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a game that was. Another gold medal which made history. Most gold medals(14) is the record for most gold medals by a country in the winter Olympics. :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

That's pretty darn good too.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

jaz301 wrote::nyah: :nyah: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a game that was. Another gold medal which made history. Most gold medals(14) is the record for most gold medals by a country in the winter Olympics. :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

Didn't I read somewhere that 37 gold (USA) was the record? Or maybe I just dreamed it? ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

NAB wrote:

Didn't I read somewhere that 37 gold (USA) was the record? Or maybe I just dreamed it? ;-)

Nab

Maybe summer Olympics ?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Cynic? Is that what it's called? :dyinglaughing:

I think thou dost be too kind. :dyinglaughing:

@NAB........ you dreamed it because for winter Olympics what we have is the all time record for a country in gold medals and as host country.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

steven lloyd wrote:
NAB wrote:

Nab

Maybe summer Olympics ?

Dunno, it was something I think I read earlier today, but didn't make specific note about it. Just a number that jumped out at me while readinf something else.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:

Cynic? Is that what it's called? :dyinglaughing:

I think thou dost be too kind. :dyinglaughing:

@NAB........ you dreamed it because for winter Olympics what we have is the all time record for a country in gold medals and as host country.

Ya, that I realize LW. But that was not the claim the poster made...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I knew it, as soon as Stevie Y had made is picks ( 1 exception ), yes it was a nail biter. That's Okay makes the game just little more intense.

Some may differ IMO either team deserved to win, that said I am happy it was Canada.

So

Every member of Canada's Team in Vancouver.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

and on HOME TURF!!
That was MUCH MORE than a HOCKEY GAME!

No excuse for anyone to not know the words to the National Anthem now, folks!

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”