Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Cateyes »

Nebula wrote:Being a cynic is easy.

Putting on a 9 billion dollar 2 week party is easy.
Find something to give a damn about!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

There is nothing easy about hosting the Olympics. VANOC deserves credit for a job very well done. Canadians overwhelming feel that way and are proud of the organization and the performance of the athletes. The cynics are in a small minority.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

NAB wrote:
jaz301 wrote::nyah: :nyah: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a game that was. Another gold medal which made history. Most gold medals(14) is the record for most gold medals by a country in the winter Olympics. :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

Didn't I read somewhere that 37 gold (USA) was the record? Or maybe I just dreamed it? ;-)

Nab

ahemmm any teeth marks in that keyboard yet? :megagrin:

Don't think my heart didn't almost stop when that last 24 second goal was scored, We were cheering at Royale LePage Place and almost fell over. RR24K was somewhere in that crowd, and I have to say, he said he'd be wearing Red and White, but we still couldn't pick him out.

HOCKEY GOLD for MEN's and WOMEN's CANADIAN HOCKEY TEAMS..... :discodance:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Urbane wrote:There is nothing easy about hosting the Olympics. VANOC deserves credit for a job very well done. Canadians overwhelming feel that way and are proud of the organization and the performance of the athletes. The cynics are in a small minority.

Not talking about putting on the games. I am talking about paying for it. We have NOT...not done that yet.

Vanoc was well paid for what they did. Saying you are proud of Vanoc is like saying you are proud of construction workers that pouring concrete. They pour concrete because they are paid to pour concrete.
Find something to give a damn about!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Urbane wrote:There is nothing easy about hosting the Olympics. VANOC deserves credit for a job very well done. Canadians overwhelming feel that way and are proud of the organization and the performance of the athletes. The cynics are in a small minority.

Job well done? snerk
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
nolanrh
Übergod

Post by nolanrh »

Cateyes wrote:Vanoc was well paid for what they did. Saying you are proud of Vanoc is like saying you are proud of construction workers that pouring concrete. They pour concrete because they are paid to pour concrete.

If you're going to gripe at least do it well. Your argument requires the assumption that everyone who is paid well does a good job. Complaining is one thing, but mindless complaining is a waste of all our time.
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Cateyes wrote:
Nebula wrote:Being a cynic is easy.

Putting on a 9 billion dollar 2 week party is easy.

now it's 9 billion eh? It was 6 billion according to you only a few days ago. Cateyes - you definitely get the gold medal for pulling the most BS out of your butt during the last 2 weeks.

WAY TO GO CANADA - I think my heart rate is finally coming down now...finally...wow...what a perfect ending to a perfect Olympics. Great job everyone - and way to go Canada.
Last edited by Liberty and Truth on Feb 28th, 2010, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

nolanrh wrote:
Cateyes wrote:Vanoc was well paid for what they did. Saying you are proud of Vanoc is like saying you are proud of construction workers that pouring concrete. They pour concrete because they are paid to pour concrete.

If you're going to gripe at least do it well. Your argument requires the assumption that everyone who is paid well does a good job. Complaining is one thing, but mindless complaining is a waste of all our time.

That's what your "ignore" feature is for Nolanrh. Time saving, just don't click on "read post" and you'll be fine.

Btw, I read Cateyes because he doesn't back down to a fight. It is interesting that way.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Nebula wrote:It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.

I trust you are joking. I'll think of this line the next time I go visit someone in the hospital laying in the hallway
Liberty and Truth

normaM wrote:
Nebula wrote:It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.

I trust you are joking. I'll think of this line the next time I go visit someone in the hospital laying in the hallway

you visit people laying in hallways in hospitals? What an odd hobby. Weird too. Where are all these people laying in hallways - I've spent a decent time in hospitals and never seen them, yet I hear whiney snivelling people talk about them all the time, usually when trying to prove a point using factoids that aren't in fact real.
Last edited by Liberty and Truth on Feb 28th, 2010, 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Not joking at all, norma. It's my parade and I'm not going to let you rain on it.

Woo hoo Canada!
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
normaM wrote:

you visit people laying in hallways in hospitals? What an odd hobby. Weird too. Where are all these people laying in hallways - I've spent a decent time in hospitals and never seen them, yet I hear whiney snivelling people talk about them all the time, usually when trying to prove a point using factoids that aren't in fact real.

PM me your phone number, I'll call you next time so you have some proof
And yes I visit ppl in the hospital
You just go back to driving in the HOV lane
Liberty and Truth

normaM wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
normaM wrote:

:127:

you can't provide me any proof that someone is lying in the hallway because of the Olympics so it's a waste of time. People like you just want to crap on anything and everything good and that is just sad.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
normaM wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
normaM wrote:

:127:

you can't provide me any proof that someone is lying in the hallway because of the Olympics so it's a waste of time. People like you just want to crap on anything and everything good and that is just sad.

I just said I would. Happy to call you next time I'm there. Why does that scare you so?

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”