Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Poindexter »

Cateyes wrote:
Poindexter wrote:We won the Olympics!!!!!!!!

Oh brother.....where to begin.....sigh.....

Medication might be where you want to begin. One of the greatest moments in Canadian sport and all it raises in you was a sigh. I feel 'sorry' for you, because it's the Canadian thing to say. :dyinglaughing:

Great closing ceremony, showed the world that national pride doesnt need to come at the expense of putting other countries down, in Canada it comes from putting ourselves down in a funny way. Sad to see it end but what an ending.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Puffy wrote:I have already hit the report button on myself...this is a *&%%&** joke. :ohmygod:

Like I said...a Joke...makes me wonder why I bother posting some days ...shakes my head...think I need to leave for awhile...yup.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

i will say it again for all you ppl that think the olympics cost canada better healthcare or better roads ect ect. get off your crying horse, it didnt. there was no choice between the games and anything else , it was we have the games or not period.

if you cant support our competaters or take pride in how great a job canada and bc did in hosting the games then move to anouther country.our provincial budgets coming out tommrow, and its going to be what they said it was.

plus as someone touched on earlier , it will bring money to canada and bc, we were showcasing our country dnt forget.like i also said before if your unhappy with things, vote out campbell and harper

to grama you say you dnt need the games to feel pride, well neether does anyone else, thats not the point, i think the point is by following your posts is nothing pleases you lol. you seem like a bitter canadian , if you need a hug jo will give you one .

now to nab, even though i may kinda agree about hockey, it does have a great history with the olympics , and its one of our goood chances to get a medal, dont forget that lots of other countries put way more into their athletes than canada does, and for us to win as many gold as we did is truly amazing.

ill even say id love see summer games in vancouver before i dieoh and the stanley cup were it belongs , in bc to, atleast once lol
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Puffy wrote:
Puffy wrote:I have already hit the report button on myself...this is a *&%%&** joke. :ohmygod:

Like I said...a Joke...makes me wonder why I bother posting some days ...shakes my head...think I need to leave for awhile...yup.

i agree that some ppl need to give their head a shake but not you. if grannny wants to complain who cares shes 1 of 3 in the whole country who are whiners
GO CANUCKS GO
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

Queen K wrote:
NAB wrote:
jaz301 wrote::nyah: :nyah: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a game that was. Another gold medal which made history. Most gold medals(14) is the record for most gold medals by a country in the winter Olympics. :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

Didn't I read somewhere that 37 gold (USA) was the record? Or maybe I just dreamed it? ;-)

Nab

ahemmm any teeth marks in that keyboard yet? :megagrin:

Don't think my heart didn't almost stop when that last 24 second goal was scored, We were cheering at Royale LePage Place and almost fell over. RR24K was somewhere in that crowd, and I have to say, he said he'd be wearing Red and White, but we still couldn't pick him out.

HOCKEY GOLD for MEN's and WOMEN's CANADIAN HOCKEY TEAMS..... :discodance:

I was their having one hell of good time. After that second goal by US you could also hear a pin drop (for second). Then Sid goal the place just went crazy. Nothing like being their so 14 that's just Awesome.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i'm not a big hockey fan at all. in fact i can't remember the last time i watched an entire game. until yesterday that is. LOL wow what a game!!! and my poor hubby...he was sitting here being quiet and i finally told him he could root for Canada for crying out loud cuz i was hooting when the U.S. made their goals! :lol:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

ferri wrote:i'm not a big hockey fan at all. in fact i can't remember the last time i watched an entire game. until yesterday that is. LOL wow what a game!!! and my poor hubby...he was sitting here being quiet and i finally told him he could root for Canada for crying out loud cuz i was hooting when the U.S. made their goals! :lol:

TRAITOR!! I have a gang with tar, feathers and a rope!

Heh, heh, I KNOW where you live! jking..
Chill
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

LOL!!! i am NOT a traitor!!! that was the whole point. it really does make watching some sports interesting let me tell you!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

RR24K wrote:
Queen K wrote:
NAB wrote:
jaz301 wrote::nyah: :nyah: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a game that was. Another gold medal which made history. Most gold medals(14) is the record for most gold medals by a country in the winter Olympics. :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

Didn't I read somewhere that 37 gold (USA) was the record? Or maybe I just dreamed it? ;-)

Nab

ahemmm any teeth marks in that keyboard yet? :megagrin:

Don't think my heart didn't almost stop when that last 24 second goal was scored, We were cheering at Royale LePage Place and almost fell over. RR24K was somewhere in that crowd, and I have to say, he said he'd be wearing Red and White, but we still couldn't pick him out.

HOCKEY GOLD for MEN's and WOMEN's CANADIAN HOCKEY TEAMS..... :discodance:

I was their having one hell of good time. After that second goal by US you could also hear a pin drop (for second). Then Sid goal the place just went crazy. Nothing like being their so 14 that's just Awesome.

you were there?? You bum!! You lucky bum!! What a great story to be able to tell future generations of your family.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Interesting article, particularly the part about wanting the final game to be played between the US and Canada, and the reasons.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=54873.html

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
you were there?? You bum!! You lucky bum!! What a great story to be able to tell future generations of your family.

That he was at Royal LaPage Place is something to tell future generations of his family? Oookay.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

grammafreddy wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:

That he was at Royal LaPage Place is something to tell future generations of his family? Oookay.

No no no GrammaF, RR24 was at the GOLD Medal Men's Hockey Game for real. I was at the Royale LePage Stadium with Mr.QK and a hot coffee. RR24 was supposed to take me but there was a mix up at the airport. Damn.

Okay, the last sentence is a fib but but but....
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Something I continue to ponder... medal count and its relative importance (mainly only to hyper dedicated sports fans and promoters) aside...

Take the NHL out of the Olympics ((along with its ability to manipulate (and even plan to some degree) outcomes for self serving financial and promotional reasons)), ....what would have been different with these 2010 winter games in Vancouver (and the related hoopla) and, more importantly, what would be different about future winter games wherever? ...as well as how folk here might have responded without them?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I was just listening to an interesting discussion on CBC Radio and they were talking about how the games have changed things. One of the panel members was from Britain and she talked about the mean-spirited British press and its criticism of the Olympics in the early days that ended up coming around at the close and admitting that Canada had done something quite extraordinary with these games. Another panel member remarked that ever since the Suez crisis, when Lester Pearson came up with a compromise rather than siding with Britain, the Brits have had it in for Canada. I always thought it was just a superiority complex that comes from those who are looking down at the efforts of the colonies and had never linked the Suez crisis to the attitude of Brits toward Canada. Anyway, perhaps the Olympics have changed some attitudes in Britain and elsewhere about Canada. And within Canada too.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Queen K wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:

No no no GrammaF, RR24 was at the GOLD Medal Men's Hockey Game for real. I was at the Royale LePage Stadium with Mr.QK and a hot coffee. RR24 was supposed to take me but there was a mix up at the airport. Damn.

Okay, the last sentence is a fib but but but....

Then I apologize. I thought you meant he was there in the crowd where you were but that you didn't see him there. Sorry.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”