Back on-track thread... again

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Back off-track thread.....again

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Deepities do nothing for me. Gods forbid that I don't nod like a bobble head at oldhippy's woo filled fluff. :backtotopic:
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

jennylives wrote:It really doesn't matter what oldhippy meant, it is OFF topic. Bring it back around please or I'll have to start deleting posts.

sorry Jenny....go ahead and delete if you want....I think this thread is about dead anyway :129:
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

You're gonna love this--Bill O'Reilly weighs in with his usual flair for ........ well, yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wllEAoQEk74

The best bit is when he concedes that "it could be 15 years before the girl is able to make her choice, based on Freedom of Religion". :ohmygod:

Now, people that are not familiar with BO's rhetoric might be quite impressed with his line of logic, but to seasoned observers of BO's agenda, clear inconsistencies and hypocrisy are marked!

"Each man has his price, Bill[Bob], and yours was pretty low" (Roger Waters--Too Much Rope)
oldhippy
Board Meister

Re: Back-on-track thread.....

Post by oldhippy »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
oldhippy wrote:I have two eyes … one to see the good, one to see the bad

You only believe in science ... if you cannot see it ... if you cannot dissect it ... if you cannot make it multiply ... then it does not exist ... but thank you for your insight
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

oldhippy wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
oldhippy wrote:I have two eyes … one to see the good, one to see the bad

You only believe in science ... if you cannot see it ... if you cannot dissect it ... if you cannot make it multiply ... then it does not exist ... but thank you for your insight

oldhippy - you should start a new thread on this (and let me know what it's called) so that we can keep this thread on topic :137:
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Back off-track thread... again

Post by normaM »

and maybe just maybe people should stop breeding like rabbits without a discussion on things like oh, what religion, what should we feed them, do you like the color purple.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

normaM wrote:and maybe just maybe people should stop breeding like rabbits without a discussion on things like oh, what religion, what should we feed them, do you like the color purple.

Hmmm ... I kind of like the idea of agreeing to bring the children up with pure thought, pure education, pure food and of course, pure love.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Born_again wrote:
normaM wrote:and maybe just maybe people should stop breeding like rabbits without a discussion on things like oh, what religion, what should we feed them, do you like the color purple.

Hmmm ... I kind of like the idea of agreeing to bring the children up with pure thought, pure education, pure food and of course, pure love.

Pure thought? hmm, no, parents implant their thoughts into their offspring... pure love, what exactly do you mean?
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

normaM wrote:
Born_again wrote:and maybe just maybe people should stop breeding like rabbits without a discussion on things like oh, what religion, what should we feed them, do you like the color purple.

Pure thought? hmm, no, parents implant their thoughts into their offspring... pure love, what exactly do you mean?

You have almost answered your own question. Think: what would motivate you do something? For personal benefit, to benefit the progeny, or to benefit both by varying degrees? Who gets the best deal, objectively?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Born_again wrote:
normaM wrote:
Born_again wrote:and maybe just maybe people should stop breeding like rabbits without a discussion on things like oh, what religion, what should we feed them, do you like the color purple.

You have almost answered your own question. Think: what would motivate you do something? For personal benefit, to benefit the progeny, or to benefit both by varying degrees? Who gets the best deal, objectively?

Given what I have seen I would say too many parents do it for personal benefit.
Born_again
Guru

Re: Back on-track thread... again

Post by Born_again »

And I'd say our minds are working in harmony.

In context with this case of the young pawn-girl, you can clearly see that both parents think that they are doing the 'loving' thing by selfishly immersing this child in their own particular version of their fantasy. Both parents believe that their fantasy is the grander, so much so that it's to the total exclusion of the other! A battle to see which wannabe child abuser can infect the child's brain first ... and most. SICK!! If you have a problem in reconciling your own(oft' inherited) delusion, don't take it out on an innocent to pander to your own selfish pseudo-justifications.

It's time for the parents to grow up and show a bit of 'pure' love to that child, methinks.
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

I agree Born!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I think I have to grow taller cause I'm over my head.
oldhippy
Board Meister

Post by oldhippy »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
oldhippy wrote:
oldhippy wrote:A person that speaks from the brain through the mouth is … deceiving

Wrong.

oldhippy wrote:A person that speaks form the heart through the lips is … revealing

Wrong.

Mr D … I am truly disappointed in you … my last two quotes you said that I am “Wrong” and you never came up with any of your scientific proof … still you say that I am Wrong

I now feel so foolish that I never thought about the … “scientific minded” would not recognize a ... metaphor if they read one … no different than the metaphor about Jesus ... a metaphor is just a story way to live by

Oh yes … have you not heard that in the days of long ago they believed …

that they had Two testicle … one to have bad children ...one to have Good children
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

normaM wrote:I think I have to grow taller cause I'm over my head.

NAH....we are all intitled to our own optinion...that's what this is all about...

and as for
Given what I have seen I would say too many parents do it for personal benefit.
I agree....I think to many people are parents for personal benefit and not just for the joy of having kids

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”