Vatican officials defend Pope on abuse

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Vatican officials defend Pope on abuse

Post by grammafreddy »

I'll hold the rug up if someone else wants to sweep ....

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/03/1 ... rmany.html
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Vatican officials defend Pope on abuse

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Would you expect anything less from one of the world's oldest organized crime syndicates? It's all good though, it's just another nail in the coffin that is the Abrahamic religions. Good night sweet prince(es).
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

What does the pope know, and when did he know it?
We're lost but we're making good time.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Nibs wrote:What does the pope know, and when did he know it?

Did he hold the broom or the dustpan? Or maybe he just held up the edge of the carpet for the sweepers???
__________________________________________________________________________________________

BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

I was wondering if anyone has ever read this article... its from 2005
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169909,00.html
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

BVulgaris wrote:I was wondering if anyone has ever read this article... its from 2005
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169909,00.html

I do not have words to say how much that disgusts me. Thank you for posting it.

What I also find disgusting is that common, ordinary people who are believers in that faith have knowledge of these crimes - some even against their own children - yet they do nothing to try to stop it. They are just as guilty as their church and its leaders are. They allow it to happen and when the kids try to tell their parents or another adult they trust, the people are afraid to make waves and afraid to go against their church. What a brainwashed, pathetic bunch of sheeple.

If you are Catholic and you are reading this, I invite you to post why you do nothing to stop these atrocities your leaders are guilty of and why you continue to defend them.

eyepop
Lord of the Board

Re: Vatican officials

Post by eyepop »

Rome, Italy (CNN) -- "The devil tempts everyone -- people in politics, in economics, in sport. And naturally, he tempts, above all, the religious leaders, so you shouldn't be surprised if the devil tempts those in the Vatican. That's his job."

"Nothing occurs without the permission of God, and he allows even holy people, even saints, to be possessed by the devil," he said.

But, he added, he sees no evil in the Vatican today: "I just see good people in the Vatican. People of prayer, holy people, I don't see any evil."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/03 ... RSS:+World)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

this sounds a bit like Cardinal Glick (played by George Carlin) in the film "Dogma".

"Alright, those were mistakes. But one can hardly
hold the current incarnation of Holy Mother Church
responsible for oversights of old. Now I've
indulged you for more time than I should have.
Please go."

Im also pretty sure that Jesus taught the laws of god were to be enforced by god, and the laws of man were to be enforced by man. There for the Vatican, according to this interpretation, should submit to the laws of man and then let god judge their souls accordingly.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

We should put this up in front of all catholic churches.

Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
oldhippy
Board Meister

Post by oldhippy »

grammafreddy wrote:
BVulgaris wrote:
If you are Catholic and you are reading this, I invite you to post why you do nothing to stop these atrocities your leaders are guilty of and why you continue to defend them.

I am not Catholic or in any other Religious sect but If any of you have watched 2020, history Chanel or any of the Knowledge programs … If you have read in the papers you wold have found that many other Religious Cults have been accused of the same …

It matters not that it is Catholic or others … right now it is more news on Catholic … the others may have a better way of hiding … so far...
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

you are very correct oldhippy,

its allitle off topic from the thread, but yes there are political, religious, business, etc. organizations that are breaching serious human rights and they should all be addressed. This thread topic only touches on the vatican, but even Hindu organizations in india have had a history of such violations. This is why i tend to believe that countries really have to pull together with the human rights organizations under some kind of global organization... my suggestion is for countries to actively participate to give the UN some ability to enforce human rights. The problem is we would have to apply to ourselves the same laws we apply to others and some times we dont like what we see in the mirror.

I am still waiting for the day that some one or something will end the terrible horrors Kim Jong-il has brought to the numerous young daughters of his citizens.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

It would appear that the popes dioscese (sp?) in Germany, is a real hotbed of sleaze.

oldhippy wrote: If you have read in the papers you wold have found that many other Religious Cults have been accused of the same …

But the catholic religion is very rigid and attempts to completely control its adherents. The current wave of reports about abuse, suggests that child molestation has become endemic within the organization. This in an organization which purports to protect and aid its adherents.
We're lost but we're making good time.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

I would suggest those who are catholic, I came across a very interesting book called "50 years in the "Church" of Rome" ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media ... F8&index=0 ). This may fall under conspiracy, but this priest highlights many of the injustices taking place inside the church.

The vatican also holds the most wealth of any religious nation of any religious leader (by that I mean church and state as one in the case of vatican city). Just ask yourself... how much is that oblisk worth in the courtyard if they needed a loan?

this is why i am more concerned about this organization than any other. Also the history of the blood that has been shed by this organization, and the global unrest it has caused is startling and we still feel the effects of those actions today. But each time they are confronted, they make the same claim as Cardinal Glick from the movie Dogma. Remember that the vatican had many ties to the mafia which became evident not too long ago. Again, this falls under conspiracy but there are serious crimes they have committed and the laws of man should be applied to them as they applied to others. If they have repented, then the only kind judgement for them will be through their god, and their savior.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

they should be tried as an organization/state for crimes against humanity humans in the world court.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

Im interested in how an independant investigation inside the vatican would take place.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”