Canada OKs caffeine for non-cola soft drinks

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Canada OKs caffeine for non-cola soft drinks

Post by coffeeFreak »

Something parents and those who have problems with caffeine should be aware of.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/03/20/13300266-qmi.html
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Canada OKs caffeine for non-cola soft drinks

Post by Queen K »

NO one believed that our humble Government would go against the huge gigantic soft drink companys pumping out rad and cool marketing campaigns for the lastest caffeine filled hooking device for our youth? Red Bull, Rock, and a many others filled to the brim with more caffeine than even coffee for adults, only they are aiming at preteen and teen markets. Hook 'em early, and ruin their health, and let the tax payer pay for their recovery later.

Big Soft drink makes all the money, and Canadian Health care system pays for the clean up.
If Putin stopped, he'd be saving Russian lives as well. Never thought the right would have a field day but June 24/2022 it is.
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by UnknownResident »

You're a fool if you don't read labels, and you're a fool if you drink liquid poison (pop). Why would somebody purposely sabotage their health with this garbage anyway?
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

it keeps thier kids quiet? (as to why buy stuff thats bad for you)

though, some people have been commenting for a while, that carrying a water bottle around was a healthy fad.

Also, most caffine drinks other than some kind of tea is generally not that great on your body and contains some kinda industrial byproduct. Caffeine addiction is also one of the most flaunted addictions in the world... it sells itself!

ask the question, why would some one on a hot day working would reach for a coca-cola rather than a bottle of water?

.. oh yeah......the penguin must be right!
Last edited by BVulgaris on Mar 30th, 2010, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Queen K wrote:NO one believed that our humble Government would go against the huge gigantic soft drink companys pumping out rad and cool marketing campaigns for the lastest caffeine filled hooking device for our youth? Red Bull, Rock, and a many others filled to the brim with more caffeine than even coffee for adults, only they are aiming at preteen and teen markets. Hook 'em early, and ruin their health, and let the tax payer pay for their recovery later.

Big Soft drink makes all the money, and Canadian Health care system pays for the clean up.

It's such a screwed up system isn't it? Short term gain (political backscratching) for long term pain, suffering and ill health. Yes I realize we must be responsible but its getting so a person can't make an informed decision without doing serious research. Eg. supposedly "organic" produce, recalled lead painted toys, water bottles, etc...
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Even worse to feed your kids this junk. They're not smart enough to know about the junk in it! It's not just the caffeine though, there's so so so much else in there. (the HUGE amount of sugar to start)
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

make them watch the discovery shows that present an inside-on-the-spot documentary on the industry and how it makes its products.

For instance, the use of wood ester products for mountain dew!
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

I'm personally curious as to how many people in this thread have a cup of joe every morning, drink alcohol, or smoke.

Buncha hypocrites.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

StraitTalk wrote:I'm personally curious as to how many people in this thread have a cup of joe every morning, drink alcohol, or smoke.

Buncha hypocrites.

The point is more about the idea that caffeine will be a "hidden" ingredient. If a person consumes coffee or coke they do so knowing their is caffeine. There are people unable to have caffeine, as well as children; the point of this thread was to bring awareness to those people/parents. It isn't about hypocracy, it's about being informed consumers.
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

StraitTalk wrote:I'm personally curious as to how many people in this thread have a cup of joe every morning, drink alcohol, or smoke.

Buncha hypocrites.

That's beside the point.

Besides, I don't consume caffeine, drink, or smoke. So I guess I'm one who has your permission to speak right? :hailjo:
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

I never suggested you couldn't speak. I also wasn't aware caffeine was turning into a hidden ingredient. Not sure how that would work really.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

lol you should check out the hidden ingredients in tap water. (not a joke... check out what kinda horomones etc. in your tap water that for the most part cant be filtered normally).

Return to “Health”