Vatican officials defend Pope on abuse

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Vatican officials defend Pope on abuse

Post by grammafreddy »

The Catholic Church will never deal with this. It is who they are and their church protects them because IMO they not only join the church for love of gawd but also to hide in her skirts. I think a lot of the clergy (nuns included) are gay and it was a way for them to carry out a homosexual lifestyle closeted within the walls of the fortress called "The Church". I think one of the reasons nuns and priests are "forbidden" to marry is because, as gay people, they have no desire to play with the opposite sex and their church provides all the fun they could ever want - including playing with the children in their care. It is just too convenient - and has been for far too long - and makes for a very wonderful cover-up to hide what was socially unacceptable over the centuries.

The only way it will ever end is if the parishioners leave the Catholic church in droves, citing as the reason that their leaders are not dealing with the problem of abuse of the children and demanding changes be made and insisting on defrocking and criminal prosecution. Now, I know that will never happen - the brainwashing has gone too deep and parents and adherents would sooner ignore the problem, trust their priests, believe their lies and continue to subject countless more defenseless children to more sexual abuse and murder at their church leaders' hands than chuck their religion and their churches.

As long as they continue to support the church and the church leaders, the problem will remain. In my book, that makes them just as guilty of the crimes as the priests and the nuns. Every follower of the Catholic faith (and every other faith that has a history of child abuse) has the blood of the children on their hands.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Uncle Pat finally weighs in on the subject. Be careful, he uses colourful language.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKg4HLsu5gE&feature=sub
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

lol.... from a comedian, a rather interesting take on the history of the church.

Anyone who researches the reason behind the protestare actions, the protestants, they'd realize that through history lessons we can learn our mistakes and what has continually gone wrong. The greatest lesson not learned is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The basis of ethics and law.

has pastor dave said anything on this topic?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

oh, he's typing as we speak. I liked all the nuns I knew, I didn't think they were gay or bad or anything other than Nuns with a strong belief in their faith and themselves. but that's me, and I'm an anomaly
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

nah, i think there are lots of people who have had good experiences with their church because there were good people watching out for them. But bad seeds if sown need to be adressed or they will reinforce thier own position and possibly strangle the position of those around them. This is a concern in any hierarchy of power; the theory of checks and balances.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

BVulgaris wrote:nah, i think there are lots of people who have had good experiences with their church because there were good people watching out for them. But bad seeds if sown need to be adressed or they will reinforce thier own position and possibly strangle the position of those around them. This is a concern in any hierarchy of power; the theory of checks and balances.

When word comes from the top to dummy up and look the other way, your theory of checks and balances gets blown to smitherines.

I wonder if the Catholic church still keeps brothels and prostitutes for their clergy and the general public? Besides the orphanages and residential schools, I mean. And here you thought, "Get thee to the nunnery" meant something entirely different.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

I dont think anyone has ever been able to question the hierarchy of power in the vatican and it's branches of control. I've often wondered why a leader was ever elected as the Vic-er (sp? ) of Christ. The whole concept of that kind of power given is almost tantamount to the type of power wielded by those in history that claimed divine right.
Gigamortis
Fledgling

Post by Gigamortis »

I think the churches response to child abuse over that last few years has been quite honestly disgusting. If you harbour a child abuser, you are just as bad as the abuser themselves.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity" -Edgar Allen Poe
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Gigamortis wrote:I think the churches response to child abuse over that last few years has been quite honestly disgusting. If you harbour a child abuser, you are just as bad as the abuser themselves.

Exactly. And if you do not call your church leaders to account and to be tried in public court systems, as well as getting rid of the abusers from their numbers, you are just as guilty as the abusers themselves. Supporting the leaders who support (and hide) abuse is the same thing as approving the abuse and the secrecy of the abuse from public scrutiny.

All church members know child sexual abuse and the murder of children is happening and has been happening in their churches for centuries. Why do they condone it by supporting it?

It's a very valid question - I'd like to hear how adherents of the Catholic church deal with it on a personal basis and how they justify sweeping it under the rug and telling themselves it is okay to do that. For some reason, they'll scream bloody murder if there's a pedophile living in their town, but if the pedophile is inside the boundaries of their church, they can ignore it.

bcbudrockz69
Übergod

Post by bcbudrockz69 »

simply gf its because no goverment or police force has da bawls to take them on plus it would be admiting the church is a scam to get your money and control you.

the romans were smart ppl and when they saw the chance to use a religeon to control ppl welll heres what you get few centuries later
warden
Übergod

Post by warden »

Matt Taibbi's got a great post on this here. The whole thing is worth the read, but here's a quick excerpt:

We don’t permit countries that harbor terrorists to participate in international society, but the Catholic Church — an organization that has been proven over and over again to systematically enable child molesters, right up now to the level of the Pope — is given a free pass. In fact the Church is not only not sanctioned in any serious way, it gets to retain its outrageous tax-exempt status, which makes its systematic child abuse, in this country at least, a government-subsidized activity.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

warden wrote:Matt Taibbi's got a great post on this here.

Wow! I sort of got wrapped-up in most of the responses as well; some of which were equally alarming by the nature of their disclosure. When will society finally agree that enough is enough?
bcbudrockz69
Übergod

Post by bcbudrockz69 »

Born_again wrote:
warden wrote:Matt Taibbi's got a great post on this here.

Wow! I sort of got wrapped-up in most of the responses as well; some of which were equally alarming by the nature of their disclosure. When will society finally agree that enough is enough?

lol great post and i did read that blog and agree with most of it
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

*standing applause*

good post!

We should never forget the horrors the "traditionalists" of every religion have enacted in the twisted way they use religious texts they "organize" around. (organize as in, creating a hierarchy of power).
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

BVulgaris wrote:*standing applause*

good post!

We should never forget the horrors the "traditionalists" of every religion have enacted in the twisted way they use religious texts they "organize" around. (organize as in, creating a hierarchy of power).

It's not just the "traditionalists" - every organized religion is guilty of that (and a whole lot more).

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”