New MS Treatment?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Re: New MS Treatment?

Post by peaceseeker »

Phoenix Within wrote:great news I'm sure, but can you cut it down and give it to us in the Cliff notes version for those who aren't versed in the details of the disease?

My understanding...

It was believed that CCSVI is a product of MS. After full review of Dr. Zamboni's findings it is now accepted that CCSVI actually precedes MS lesions. His findings are important because it goes against what has been accepted for decades. Dr. Zamboni has treated many (of varying disease progression) with great success...this is encouraging for all who suffer from the disease.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ccsvi-in- ... 2394802210
... 'The experimental study conducted by Professor Zamboni in collaboration with Dr. Francesco Salvi, a neurologist at the Bellaria Hospital in Bologna, and the subsequent trials of Buffalo and Poland have shown a striking correlation between CCSVI and multiple sclerosis, in fact as much as 90% of patients present the disorder. Found that the shrinkage of these veins using ultrasound, therapy is a simple angioplasty intervention developed by the team of Dr. Zamboni that with the introduction of a catheter into the veins fitted with a balloon, is able to resolve the problem. The effects on patients are immediate: blood circulation has improved and the reflux is eliminated, the patient experiences a decrease in fatigue and a marked improvement in the quality of life, reduces the number of relapses and active lesions of the brain and spinal cord. We are facing a unique scenario that could open alternative to multiple sclerosis and supplemental expensive drug therapies through (which are effective only in one third of patients).' ...
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Two related articles...

High rates of vein blockages found in MS patients
Updated: Wed Feb. 10 2010 9:09:45 PM

First Blinded Study of Venous Insufficiency Prevalence in MS Shows Promising Results
Release Date: February 10, 2010
'A study by neurologist Robert Zivadinov has shown that the narrowing of extracranial veins is, at the very least, an important association in multiple sclerosis.'

Kudos to Dr. Ashton Emery, Direct MS (http://www.direct-ms.org) for telling it like it is...

Comments on the National Post articles on Dr. Zamboni and CCSVI by Blackwell and Corcoran
Dr. Ashton Embry, Direct-MS
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

'I had controversial MS treatment twice'

... 'Gianfranco Campalani knows a thing or two about the vascular system.

He's one of Northern Ireland's leading heart surgeons.

He was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) in 1986 - it left him with a series of problems in his lower body.

He finds it hard to walk more than fifty yards, or he did until he met an Italian compatriot and fellow vascular surgeon Professor Paolo Zamboni.' ...
~ John Lennon
shorty4630

Post by shorty4630 »

hi everybody!!
my name is Raven Shackleton. I got diagnosed with ms at 22 yrs old, did not know what MS was, wasnt sure when i got diagnosed(dx feb 2006) and pretty much went on with my life and did what I could do.
At that point i wasnt concerned, the doctors were talking walkers, and a wheelchair. I freaked out when they would talk about wheelchairs or walkers, lil did i know that 2009 after the summer I couldnt walk on my own and needed the chair permanetely ;0) It seemed like everything i achieved and worked so hard for was slowly slipping out of reach for me. They pulled my driver's license and that when i knew its time to worry. But then W5 showed Zamboni's new discovery and finally it seems to make sense. US as the MS world we need you get our word out and make this happen !!! If we dont fight for this new discovery, NO ONE WILL. we cant give up we just have to make it known that we wont. Our life is in their hands !!! Every MS patient in the Okanagan, we all should stick together and fight for our rights!!
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

shorty4630 wrote:hi everybody!!
my name is Raven Shackleton. I got diagnosed with ms at 22 yrs old, did not know what MS was, wasnt sure when i got diagnosed(dx feb 2006) and pretty much went on with my life and did what I could do.
At that point i wasnt concerned, the doctors were talking walkers, and a wheelchair. I freaked out when they would talk about wheelchairs or walkers, lil did i know that 2009 after the summer I couldnt walk on my own and needed the chair permanetely ;0) It seemed like everything i achieved and worked so hard for was slowly slipping out of reach for me. They pulled my driver's license and that when i knew its time to worry. But then W5 showed Zamboni's new discovery and finally it seems to make sense. US as the MS world we need you get our word out and make this happen !!! If we dont fight for this new discovery, NO ONE WILL. we cant give up we just have to make it known that we wont. Our life is in their hands !!! Every MS patient in the Okanagan, we all should stick together and fight for our rights!!

I hear you Raven!...and I'm very sorry to read of your recent struggles. Zamboni's findings are very encouraging indeed and, given the worldwide attention it has received, I believe the 'Liberation treatment' will be in effect sooner than some could imagine.

All the best to you in the future and keep smilin', :sunshine:

peaceseeker
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

A man had the procedure done in BC!

Vancouver CCSVI Meeting 04/09/10 08:05PM
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6081083
~ John Lennon
Villagemaid
Fledgling

Post by Villagemaid »

OH MY GAWD!!! WOW!! THANK YOU!!!

Will you be doing the rally on May 5th?
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Villagemaid wrote:OH MY GAWD!!! WOW!! THANK YOU!!!

Will you be doing the rally on May 5th?

Hadn't planned on it Villagemaid...do you know of one taking place locally?
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Carrie's update...it's great to see such a smiling face!

CCSVI: 20 days after procedure
http://ccsvi-ms.ning.com/video/ccsvi-20 ... -procedure
~ John Lennon
Villagemaid
Fledgling

Post by Villagemaid »

There is a live presentation today at 9am (pacific) and Dr. Zamboni will be answering questions and talking about CCSVI and MS.......

Go to http://www.nationalmssociety.orgto register and watch!
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

MS patient has 'energy to burn' after new procedure
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... le1533739/

MS blogger's surgery journey
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/04/ ... alcomments
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Villagemaid wrote:There is a live presentation today at 9am (pacific) and Dr. Zamboni will be answering questions and talking about CCSVI and MS.......

Go to http://www.nationalmssociety.orgto register and watch!

Well, that was interesting...not a lot of new information but it's great to see the attention it's getting. This isn't going away!
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

W5: Why MS patients aren't waiting for proof
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... 9/20100410
~ John Lennon
Villagemaid
Fledgling

Post by Villagemaid »

Yes....it was a good conference.

I came out of it with a new plan. Going to get my tests done at False Creek....then come back to my GP with the results and have her refer me to an Interventional Radiologist.

Return to “Health”