"Jesus Camp" and the like ...

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

"Jesus Camp" and the like ...

Post by grammafreddy »

This thread is about the various religions and the methods they employ to "indoctrinate" children into their beliefs.

I always thought (silly me) that it was more the radicals of the eastern cults who pushed and trained their children - you know the ones ... we see pictures on the nightly news of very young children shooting real guns at real people in the streets in some far away land. While it always disturbed me to see people using children to fight battles they had no concept of and no understanding of why they were doing what they were doing, it was always somewhat removed from life in North America and I was able to brush the filth off my shoulders and turn a blind eye.

I railed about the Catholic and other priests who mentally, physically and sexually abused the children in their care. That was "secret" and it was done without parental knowledge, and more often than not, was perpetrated against orphans and native children who had no parents to speak up for them or who had been removed by governments from their parents' care and homes.

I have always known the various churches world wide brainwashed their children and that some religions encouraged their adherents to have many children - all for the survival of their church. They even have their own schools to further control what and how their children are taught about the world they live in, putting their own slant on world events to further their own agendas and vendettas.

But then I watched this video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

I have to admit I find this even more shocking, disturbing and disgusting than any Catholic priest's actions against children.

This is their own parents doing this to them. These children are terrified! They have no concept of "sin" and they are being taught that they are bad and that they will not be loved for things they do not understand and have no comprehension about. I find it troubling when parents force their kids to declare "war" on governments that do not permit their religion to be taught in the public school system (the Lord's Prayer in schools is an example). I am aghast that parents force their children to go up to strangers to preach their "salvation" and yes, I know the Jehovah's Witnesses do it here and we have become so used to it we just send them packing and brush them off, but think little beyond that.

This movie documentary, Jesus Camp, produced in 2006 by radical followers of the Pentecostal cult, almost won an Academy Award - it lost out to Al Core's "An Inconvenient Truth", the hoax about climate change (which is almost as troubling to me).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Camp

Talk about the brainwashing of America on a massive scale! Both religion and the environment on the same ticket! How to choose, how to choose ... which one to pick. How many people around the world watch the Academy Awards and then go out, buy and view the winner's films? Millions! Millions of parents with millions of children - are all becoming brainwashed to follow an agenda of freaky radical individuals or concepts for the gain of war against non-believers of their agendas.

But religion is something governments here in North America will not touch with a ten-foot pole. For reasons beyond my understanding, they fund numerous religious-based enterprises (and I do mean enterprises - even corporations). They fund private religious schools, camps, movies, churches, homes, hospitals and non-profit societies, just for starters. They waive property taxes on church grounds and religious leaders' homes and support cult-based initiatives of all descriptions.

Our tax dollars are helping these religious fanatics (and they are ALL religious fanatics) to brainwash their children and other children around the world. The Christmas "shoebox" campaign is one that comes to mind where children in some stricken country can have a shoebox full of donated goods if they first sit through indoctrination about that organization's religious beliefs. Another is the Easter Egg Hunt here in Kelowna, where, before the kids get to look for eggs, they must first be preached to (and watch a scary movie) by a particular religious cult.

But, how to stop it - this brainwashing of children? It's a very tough call and governments will and have fallen because of it. If it was up to me, I would be totally separating church and state. I would be withdrawing all publicly-funded support for religious-based enterprises. Removing the word "God" from all government documents, constitution and the National Anthem would be a start. I would prohibit the saying of prayer of any kind in public schools and withdrawing all government funding for religious schools. My reasoning is that by using taxpayers' money to support these cults in any way, governments are supporting the abuse of children, the division of communities, the brainwashing of the masses. They are hindering free thought and critical thinking, using public dollars. Governments, alone, cannot stop the brainwashing, but without their support, they can attempt to curtail it and restrict it.

After viewing this “Jesus Camp” video clip, and other clips of other religious zealots, my conclusion has been reached that there will never be “world peace” – it is unattainable and impossible. The world’s religions will never live in harmony with each other and they will always work directly against world peace. Always there will be the striving for dominance and power between them. Various governments will make decisions “for” and “against” these religions and create frictions and wars. For the world’s churches to be promoting world peace is ludicrous – they only want world peace if it is their version of it and allow no tolerances for any other. There is no religion that is excluded from this because all religions brainwash their children to believe that only their own particular version is the right and true one.

The environmentalists are telling us we are destroying our planet, but religions are destroying it so much more. I feel so sad for the future of the world. I am angered by how parents and other adults are legally abusing their children.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
lammmy
Fledgling

Re: "Jesus Camp" and the like ...

Post by lammmy »

Awesome post and I really have nothing to add because it aligns perfectly with the way I feel.
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by maxx »

Hi GF.
I know we've butted heads on this board over the CD21 thing but on this topic, you and I are on the exact same page. To me, religion has run out of usefulness and the power-hungry ones are getting desperate. Have you watched the documentary 'Constantine's Sword'? 'Religulous'? 'Root of All Evil'? If you haven't, they are worth the time.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

They walk among us:

http://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/54 ... t-clothing

This is an example of how our local youth are being brainwashed and stripped of their ability to think for themselves, by themselves without the need for a imaginary friend to guide them from making bad choices.

It's sad to see or read how messed up some kids become, but it's maddening to know it's their own parents that forced this on them.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I love how he has used the child to reply for his own questionable actions. That says more about what they are like than the original letter to the editor. Come on John, grow a pair, or did you pray those away too.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Baby Bible Bashers, Christian child abuse?
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread554590/pg1

More disturbing clips to make your blood boil...
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

coffeeFreak wrote:Baby Bible Bashers, Christian child abuse?
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread554590/pg1

More disturbing clips to make your blood boil...

Well, those sure do that!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”