Letters to the editor section and religious views

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: letters to the editor section and religous views

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I think you're barking up the wrong tree Gramma. The Captain is not the droid you are looking for.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

5VP wrote:I absolutely love this!!!

All the explanation needed to show how the true message of Christ our saviour has been lost to the corruptions of irresponsible, unchecked human free will in the last 2000 years, all encapsulated on one page of Castanet internet forums...

Even the Muslims get mentioned...

LOVE IT!!!

PS.

Good reasoned post Advocate.

And Mr. Danksworth considering your signature, we can postpone our "meeting" till hunting season...

See>>>>>>>> look at your christ-based level of tolerance!!! Anything other than what YOU believe is deemed to be "corruptions" and "irresponsible" and not the "true message of Christ our saviour". Your brainwashing is now complete - go forth and multiply. Destroy all others who do not follow "the true message of Christ our saviour".

I bet you also pray for world peace, don't you?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Mr Danksworth wrote:I think you're barking up the wrong tree Gramma. The Captain is not the droid you are looking for.

My "droids" are anyone who believes any cult stuff. This post was just in response to CA quoting me and his response to my post. There ARE worse things - but when it comes right down to the nitty gritty, religions (cults) are at the base of many of them.

Even the flocking together of atheists creates a cult mentality en masse.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

grammafreddy wrote:I interpret from your post that you are a follower of one of the so-called christian cults. You have no problem with teaching your kids a christ-based jesus life style. But would you also be so supportive of a cult that did not teach the same? I highly doubt it.

Swing and miss. No, I do not believe in so called Jesus, I've never been to church service, and no I don't belong to any religious group. I did read the Bible once, and found it to be somewhat interesting.

But I still think you're getting bent out of shape over nothing (which isn't really rare in your case) :P
Last edited by Captain Awesome on May 6th, 2010, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

grammafreddy wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:They are dangerous people. My cousin's daughter was one of the ones swayed into it. Impressionable young minds do not understand. They tried to get my daughter, too, when she was about 16, but I caught on to it early enough and had a major battle with the church leaders - who told me that my daughter did not have to listen to me.

I see no reason to get all bent out of shape. So, some people believe in Jesus and oompa loompas. There are worse things in life.

Not many.

Oompa loompas are highly over rated.

I interpret from your post that you are a follower of one of the so-called christian cults. You have no problem with teaching your kids a christ-based jesus life style. But would you also be so supportive of a cult that did not teach the same? I highly doubt it.

What if your children went to school and became "friends" with a kid of another cult? What if that kid's "job" was to bring other children into their way of thinking? What if they convinced your child to participate in fun activities that were based on their teachings and beliefs? What if they encouraged your child to not tell you or to lie to you in order to go to those things? What if the kid from the other cult gave your child inducements to encourage them to attend these things? What would you do if your child became so convinced your teachings were wrong and refused to listen to you or to run away from home when you insisted they not have those new friends any longer? What if the other cult offered sanctuary from you and your sinful beliefs?

These questions (and many more) are all relevant. If they do not make you sit up and take notice, I feel sorry for your kids. I also feel sorry for you - you have already been brainwashed into believing in your cult - even though I think you are otherwise an intelligent, functioning human being.

Cults are only geared to one thing - power and greed. It has always - since the beginning of time - been a way to control the brains of the masses.

All a matter of perspective.

It might well be viewed by some that you have a cult mentality since it all comes down to which side of the fence you sit on.

Who are you to say the others are wrong and you are right?

How do you know it isn't you that's been brainwashed?

If nothing else you might want to take a look at your liberal use of the word cult which is being used in questionable context and I'm guessing for dramatic effect.

Simply having a different belief system does not a cult make!

If that were the case then everything that doesn't fall in line with what one believes could be characterized as a cult and that's not really the case.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
5VP
Übergod

Post by 5VP »

grammafreddy wrote:
5VP wrote:I absolutely love this!!!

All the explanation needed to show how the true message of Christ our saviour has been lost to the corruptions of irresponsible, unchecked human free will in the last 2000 years, all encapsulated on one page of Castanet internet forums...

Even the Muslims get mentioned...

LOVE IT!!!

PS.

Good reasoned post Advocate.

And Mr. Danksworth considering your signature, we can postpone our "meeting" till hunting season...

See>>>>>>>> look at your christ-based level of tolerance!!! Anything other than what YOU believe is deemed to be "corruptions" and "irresponsible" and not the "true message of Christ our saviour". Your brainwashing is now complete - go forth and multiply. Destroy all others who do not follow "the true message of Christ our saviour".

I bet you also pray for world peace, don't you?

LOVE IT!! Keep 'em coming...

One of my cousins became a "Moonie" back in the 70's.
Infinite rider on the big dogma...
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:
But I still think you're getting bent out of shape over nothing (which isn't really rare in your case) :P

Hmmmm ... maybe I will have to take back the nice things I said - the part about intelligent and whatever else....

So it is okay for those religious organizations to do that to their children??? You are fine with that? "Jesus Camp" is a good thing?

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

5VP wrote:
One of my cousins became a "Moonie" back in the 70's.

No one has heard from her since.

Is she you Gramma???

Hahahahaa ....... not freaking likely. But I do enjoy your sense of humour.

justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

SHOZDIJIJI wrote:Next time the JW's knocking on your door ask them what they know about Buddhism and see how fast they leave .It works for me . I am Buddhist and it's my belief that if you are going to preach religion you should have an understanding of all religions .
:sunshine:

I answer the door in nothing but a Slayer t-shirt and tell them I'm Unitarian.....I don't know which turns them off more, but they go away! :dyinglaughing:
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

grammafreddy wrote:So it is okay for those religious organizations to do that to their children??? You are fine with that? "Jesus Camp" is a good thing?

See what I mean by "getting bent out of shape"? When did I say anything about Jesus Camp and being ok with diddling little kids? I didn't, all I said that some people believe in Jesus, some people believe in Hare Krishna. Personally, I'm ok with that. I'm even ok with people trying to spread their believes - after all it's only natural. If you don't like Jesus, fine, don't go to church, nobody is forcing you.

If barely mentioning Jesus makes you believe that I'm of those dangerous people who whip children into praying at the gunpoint, well then you're no better than Bible Thumpers International who want to crucify anybody who is against Jesus-mania.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Letters to the editor section and religious views

Post by gman313 »

I just answer the door naked when the JWs show up. Never seen an old lady move so fast.... :)
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Destroy all others who do not follow "the true message of Christ our saviour".

Show me in the Bible where it states that this is the message of Christ. Just as a side note, more people have been killed for land and greed that ever by any religious sect. See WW1 and WW2 both racist wars of territory.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
All a matter of perspective.

So very true.

It might well be viewed by some that you have a cult mentality since it all comes down to which side of the fence you sit on.

To be part of a cult, you have to be part of a group - one person does not constitute a cult.

Who are you to say the others are wrong and you are right?

Right backatcha.

How do you know it isn't you that's been brainwashed?

Why are you so sure it isn't you?

If nothing else you might want to take a look at your liberal use of the word cult which is being used in questionable context and I'm guessing for dramatic effect.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult
Main Entry: cult
Pronunciation: \ˈkəlt\
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate
Date: 1617

1 : formal religious veneration : worship
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : the object of such devotion c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Simply having a different belief system does not a cult make!

Nor does it inspire or promote world peace. Do you not aspire to peace?

If that were the case then everything that doesn't fall in line with what one believes could be characterized as a cult and that's not really the case.

Why not?

To what lengths will you go to protect your belief system? I mean on a personal basis.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Lady tehMa wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Nutjobs? Unfortunately these people are more than nutjobs. Those kids go to school with our kids - and they are running round the public school system recruiting new disciples for their causes. They are dangerous people. My cousin's daughter was one of the ones swayed into it. Impressionable young minds do not understand. They tried to get my daughter, too, when she was about 16, but I caught on to it early enough and had a major battle with the church leaders - who told me that my daughter did not have to listen to me.

Uh, how is that different from school?

Not so very different at all. Both the public and the private school systems have agendas. They teach them to your children. To avoid that, I suppose the answer is to home school - and then, of course, we run into another whole different set of serious issues. If the public school system just taught basic education - language and communication skills, mathematics, geography, unbiased historical facts, science facts, then our children might learn critical thinking skills. However, when they are bombarded with forces that do not allow for critical thinking, we wind up with children who cannot think for themselves.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

rookie314 wrote:
Destroy all others who do not follow "the true message of Christ our saviour".

Show me in the Bible where it states that this is the message of Christ. Just as a side note, more people have been killed for land and greed that ever by any religious sect. See WW1 and WW2 both racist wars of territory.

What percentage of the race for acquisition of land and greed was based originally upon religions as the underlying seed?

What is your perception of Hitler against Jews? Racist or religious hatred?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”