Letters to the editor section and religious views

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
don_pepe

Re: Letters to the editor section and religious views

Post by don_pepe »

Regarding Nazi persecution of Jews Hitler was reaping hate that Marin Luther had seeded centuries before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

rideforever wrote:Doesn't lying to spread hate, spreading hate, and encouraging violence violate castanet rules?

Whoops, that didn't take long...
rideforever wrote:Relious people are the most agressive, violent, hatefull people on the planet.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

faster than a speeding bullet.
I don't think I am the most hateful, aggressive violent person on the planet, my tolerance for imbeciles can be tested, but still
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Glacier wrote:Grammafreddy, while I appreciate that your libertarian perspective adds good insite to these forums, I am a bit confused at how your perspective towards religion is so anti-libertarian. The impression your posts leave is that you think all religions should be banned or suppressed because of a few bad apples. Why through the baby out with the bathwater?

I have never tried to put a name to my views on anything really - left, right, libertarian are all just words. I have opinions about a great number of things - and not just religion and politics, either.

Do I think all religions should be banned? Banned by whom? There isn't a government on the face of the earth with the balls to do that. I would prefer that people just looked at what their religion and other religions are really all about - the hidden dark side of them - the part that is not in their little white steepled building but hidden away with just a select few at the top. These are the ones to fear - not their god who will condemn them to hell. There is no god - he was invented by mere mortals to control the masses. There's no allah, either. He was just invented by others to control them.

I find it absolutely disturbing and very sad how normal, rational, thinking adults can have their minds controlled by others who incite wars, rapes and abuse of their followers and detractors - all for the purpose of control, greed and glory for themselves. All churches prey on others who are homeless, victimized, traumatized and the like and reach out to "help" them - but first they try to convert these victims to their brand of cult - to increase their numbers which, of course, just means more power, more greed, more glory for the ones at the top.

So great is the degree of brainwashing that it will turn parents against children, neighbours against neighbours, countries against other countries. Parents will abuse their children mentally and physically to instill incredible and deep-seated brainwashing into very young children, making them terrified to do anything lest it be against a god who will send them to hell to burn with the devil. They force their children out into the streets and into revival tents to prostitute themselves to push their god on other people, handing out booklets and papers to "teach" the word of their particular cult to the masses - to gain greater numbers so their leaders' can have more power and greed.

I just would really like people to wake up and smell the coffee ... for them to realize they are just being used. The more brainwashed they can make their followers, the more they can and will use them. Religion is not about "god" or "allah" or whatever, it's not about helping others, it's not about going to heaven, it's not about holy books or scriptures or buildings with steeples. It's about power and greed for the people at the top of each one. That's it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Jesus loves us all!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:Jesus loves us all!

No, he wants you to kill the ones who do not believe in him.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

don_pepe

Post by don_pepe »

Go granny!
SHOZDIJIJI
Board Meister

Post by SHOZDIJIJI »

After being asked if he would consider politic's the smart man replied " No the smart people have the Politicians working for them."
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

SHOZDIJIJI wrote:I find this stuff scary...........http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/art ... -was-built

Yikes :200:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

steven lloyd wrote:
SHOZDIJIJI wrote:I find this stuff scary...........http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/art ... -was-built

The separation of church and state has always been a ruse but it has gotten allot worse. Tough times lead some people to escapism and there is no better escape than religion.

I think religion in one or another will eventually lead to civilization's undoing. And if isn't the Jews or Christians it most certainly will be the Muslims locking horns with both.

Found this video scary as well. There is a religous world war going on but not with IED's, it's with birth rate and we are loosing big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egbxLLKDH5c
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

However delighted they might seem by Harper’s attentions and Governance — part of their credo is to honour those in authority — they are not likely to be mollified by his plodding incrementalism or cautious tweaks of the bureaucracy. Aggressive and insistent, they are driven by a fierce imperative to reconstruct Canada in a biblical mould. Waving their bright flags on the lawns of the Parliament Buildings, extolling the country’s Christian roots to a compelling soft-rock beat, they might seem to offer a refreshing recipe for morality and national pride, but their agenda—while outwardly inclusive and multi-racial — is ultimately exclusionary. In their idealized Christian nation, non-believers — atheists, non-Christians and even Christian secularists — have no place, and those in violation of biblical law, notably homosexuals and adulterers, would merit severe punishment and the sort of shunning that once characterized a society where suspected witches were burned. Theirs is a dark and dangerous vision, one that brooks no dissent and requires the dismantling of key democratic institutions. A preview is on display south of the border, where decades of religious-right triumphs have left a nation bitterly splintered along lines of faith and ideology, trapped in the hysteria of overcharged rhetoric and resentment.

For this new wave of Christian nationalists, united across the continent by the charismatic renewal movement, the signs and portents of the end-times are unmistakable, apparent in each new earthquake report or tremor of the global financial system, and they feel they have no time to waste. Their mission is to prepare God’s dominion on Earth, and they are unlikely to rest until they see their perceived scriptural prophecies fulfilled in Ottawa and Jerusalem alike. As Faytene Kryskow underlines in her book, Marked, she and her fellow revivalists are no longer content to agitate for policy crumbs. They have “a take-over mentality,” she writes: “They are convinced that God has called them to take over the world!”

Absolutely terrifying. The kooks are coming home to roost. How do we prevent it? Even so called 'liberal christians' are threatened by these people. It's time for people to stand up against these groups.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Poindexter wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:

The separation of church and state has always been a ruse but it has gotten allot worse. Tough times lead some people to escapism and there is no better escape than religion.

I think religion in one or another will eventually lead to civilization's undoing. And if isn't the Jews or Christians it most certainly will be the Muslims locking horns with both.

Found this video scary as well. There is a religous world war going on but not with IED's, it's with birth rate and we are loosing big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egbxLLKDH5c

Very disturbing and just the tip of the iceberg ... that video was out by the Christian faction. While the stats may be true, the answer is not more religion of a different kind.

Religions - all religions - will be the downfall of every country. Church and state separation does not happen - even though people tend to think it does and even though constitutions tell us it is so.

Muslims are waltzing right in our back doors and taking over the countries of the world. There is not a ghost of a chance it is not going to happen.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”