New MS Treatment?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Re: New MS Treatment?

Post by peaceseeker »

Yahoooo...it's happening! My sister and I are going to California in the last week of October to have our veins opened. :discodance:
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

peaceseeker wrote:Yahoooo...it's happening! My sister and I are going to California in the last week of October to have our veins opened. :discodance:

I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for you and your sister.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

peaceseeker wrote:Yahoooo...it's happening! My sister and I are going to California in the last week of October to have our veins opened. :discodance:

I'm so happy for you both.

Anxiously awaiting VM's story too.

You know the drill. You've documented every limitation and plan to carefully assess and document each gain and SEND IT TO the Dark Age Quacks, I mean, Doctors at the MS Society?

:nyah:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Good Luck and we all hope you get some positive results!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

My sincerest thanks to everyone for such positive thoughts...greatly appreciated.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
Villagemaid
Fledgling

Post by Villagemaid »

WOW.

Got back a few days ago from Bulgaria. Getting over the jet-lag and finally catching up with my stuff on the computer.

The result?

A NEW WOMAN!!!!!!!!! :sunshine:

I was 80% blocked in my right Jugular and 90% blocked in my Azygos. No stents, just balooning. The angioplasty procedure took about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I was discharged the next day. Very quick, but NOT painless...lol....in my case it hurt when they were opening the veins. Like hell. But SO worth it.

I have no nerve pain in my legs (a little residual in my left foot). I have better bladder control (I don't have to 'press' on my abdomen to start the flow). I have a clear head (no brain fog). I have this incredible desire to do EVERYTHING!!!!! My stamina for standing and walking has had HUGE improvements.

Funny how the Neuro in Bulgaria was completely SHOCKED to hear that we only see our neuros once a year here in Kelowna.

Eveyone should have the opportunity to be tested and treated RIGHT HERE in CANADA.

So happy for you Peaceseeker.....go get 'em tiger......
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

This is great, great news my friend.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Villagemaid wrote:No stents, just balooning.

Is there any concern about the possibility of the vein collapsing without the stent?

BTW, a very hearty congratulations on the first step of getting your life back!
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

kompili wrote:

This is great, great news my friend.

Thanks, kompili...this is where we're going to be treated... Pacific Interventionalists, Inc.
~ John Lennon
Villagemaid
Fledgling

Post by Villagemaid »

Yes..the veins could collapse once again - meaning that symptoms would return. Then, I will go and have them reopened again - and STENTED!!!!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Villagemaid wrote:Yes..the veins could collapse once again - meaning that symptoms would return. Then, I will go and have them reopened again - and STENTED!!!!

:ohmygod: And you haven't knocked down the doors at the MS Society yet? I hope you do, with before and after EVERYTHING.

I think every MS patient in Canada is counting on people like you to go get them and shake them up.

Congratulations, I was really looking forward to your report.

Messege to PeaceSeeker, isn't it exciting? :discodance:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Villagemaid wrote:Yes..the veins could collapse once again - meaning that symptoms would return. Then, I will go and have them reopened again - and STENTED!!!!

Isn't that kinda like waiting for the roof to collapse before bracing it?

Why didn't you opt for the stents instead of risking having to do it all over again?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Queen K wrote:... Messege to PeaceSeeker, isn't it exciting? :discodance:

Yes, very exciting...I am stoked!
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Phoenix Within wrote:

Isn't that kinda like waiting for the roof to collapse before bracing it?

Why didn't you opt for the stents instead of risking having to do it all over again?

Due to the chance of the stent migrating it is recommended to first do the ballooning...obviously if the vein(s) continue to collapse during the procedure a stent would be put in place to help keep the vein(s) opened.

There's a 50/50 chance the vein(s) will collapse at a later date - resulting with the return of symptoms...but when comparing the benefits of the drugs currently being offered by the MSSOC (which really do nothing - and can be quite dangerous - Tysabri), to the varying documented benefits from having the 'liberation treatment', it's a chance many pwMS are willing to take.
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Enough of the bogus MS societies and its tow-the-party-line neuros...this is what people should be supporting...

The Reformed Multiple Sclerosis Society
http://www.reformedms.org/aboutus

DIRECT-MS
http://www.direct-ms.org/index.html
~ John Lennon

Return to “Health”