Apparently we turn back the clocks tonight.

A potpourri of off-topics.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Re: Apparently we turn back the clocks tonight.

Post by motorhomebabe »

grammafreddy wrote:What's a "clock"?

After almost 3 years I am finally getting that. My old work watch calved a couple of months ago, Was frantic for a while,saw the price of replacing it,dont even miss it.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

We have two clocks in our house and a couple wristwatches from decades ago. It makes telling time more interesting I think.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

normaM wrote:lordy it was pitch dark by 5, lucky my bedtime is 6. Finally the stove and the microwave match - watch there will be a power outage and the dance of the insane will start again.

I changed my clocks at two am (had the coffee maker and microwave synced perfectly) only to have the power go out a few hours later. The dance of the insane happened twice within 9 hours for me.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Piecemaker wrote:We have two clocks in our house and a couple wristwatches from decades ago. It makes telling time more interesting I think.

I agree. I prefer "quarter to twelve" much more than "11:45".
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
AKITA2011

Post by AKITA2011 »

strwbrrydvl wrote:
normaM wrote:lordy it was pitch dark by 5, lucky my bedtime is 6. Finally the stove and the microwave match - watch there will be a power outage and the dance of the insane will start again.

I changed my clocks at two am (had the coffee maker and microwave synced perfectly) only to have the power go out a few hours later. The dance of the insane happened twice within 9 hours for me.

:dyinglaughing:
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

:ohmygod: we have 7 clocks to change, completely understand the :discodance: of the insane :dyinglaughing: . As for the car, no problem, wait for our Son to show up & let him change it.
Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

sorry about the outage Doll. I finally, yes finally have the kitchen clocks perfectly synched. Cheeseandcrackers it was a battle.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

normaM wrote:sorry about the outage Doll. I finally, yes finally have the kitchen clocks perfectly synched. Cheeseandcrackers it was a battle.

I walk, climb and manipulate my clocks with my cell phone in hand. One round of the clocks (5) and they are perfectly in sync. (Ooops!! forgot my car... gotta get the owner's manual out for that one tho')
Chill
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I am sooooo tired. Wow.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I hate having to get up at 2am twice a year to change clocks. Dont see why we cant do it at 2pm.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Well, I guess I need to be heading for my jammies...it's nearly half-past nine! (Sounds so much better than 9:24)
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Piecemaker wrote:Well, I guess I need to be heading for my jammies...it's nearly half-past nine! (Sounds so much better than 9:24)

night owl! This has really wacked me, pitch black at 5:00pm. Remember when you didn't want to go to bed as a kid? Remember hating bedtime?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

my god people its only an hour, here in dawson they dont change it, but if they did oh my god what would i do
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

normaM wrote:
Piecemaker wrote:Well, I guess I need to be heading for my jammies...it's nearly half-past nine! (Sounds so much better than 9:24)

night owl! This has really wacked me, pitch black at 5:00pm. Remember when you didn't want to go to bed as a kid? Remember hating bedtime?

Cause dearie, when you were bad, your mommy and daddy threatened you by saying, "Do that one more time, and you're going to bed!!!!"

Mine never threatened me like that... They always said, "Do that one more time, and I will beat the liver out of you!!!" So I went and hid in bed instead.
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

skydawg wrote:my god people its only an hour, here in dawson they dont change it, but if they did oh my god what would i do

WHERE are you? Quebec, Yukon, Manitoba or BC??
Chill

Return to “Grab Bag”