Today's Daily Devotional

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
MechanicMan

Today's Daily Devotional

Post by MechanicMan »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your heavenly Father."—Matthew 6:26.
GOD'S people are doubly His children, they are His offspring by creation, and they are His sons by adoption in Christ. Hence they are privileged to call Him, "Our Father which art in heaven." Father! Oh, what precious word is that. Here is authority: "If I be a Father, where is mine honour?" If ye be sons, where is your obedience? Here is affection mingled with authority; an authority which does not provoke rebellion; an obedience demanded which is most cheerfully rendered—which would not be withheld even if it might. The obedience which God's children yield to Him must be loving obedience. Do not go about the service of God as slaves to their taskmaster's toil, but run in the way of His commands because it is your Father's way. Yield your bodies as instruments of righteousness, because righteousness is your Father's will, and His will should be the will of His child. Father!—Here is a kingly attribute so sweetly veiled in love, that the King's crown is forgotten in the King's face, and His sceptre becomes, not a rod of iron, but a silver sceptre of mercy—the sceptre indeed seems to be forgotten in the tender hand of Him who wields it. Father!—Here is honour and love. How great is a Father's love to his children! That which friendship cannot do, and mere benevolence will not attempt, a father's heart and hand must do for his sons. They are his offspring, he must bless them; they are his children, he must show himself strong in their defence. If an earthly father watches over his children with unceasing love and care, how much more does our heavenly Father? Abba, Father! He who can say this, hath uttered better music than cherubim or seraphim can reach. There is heaven in the depth of that word—Father! There is all I can ask; all my necessities can demand; all my wishes can desire. I have all in all to all eternity when I can say, "Father."
janalta
Übergod

Re: Todays Daily Devotional

Post by janalta »

Sorry...I must have misunderstood the purpose of this board...I was under the assumption that it was a discussion board...not a place to preach surmons??
Thus far, all I have seen you do is to post surmons and bible quotes as opposed to actually participating in discussions on religion.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I see your daily devotional and raise you 1 daily constitutional which involves the morning paper and sitting on the bog! :sunshine:
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

I'll raise you a cup of coffee and 2 spoons of cough syrup.

Actually, we shouldn't bother these religious nuts. They're not hurting us. Millions of people around the world that can't use condoms, or get abused when they are young, yes, but they're not hurting us.
Last edited by ILBT uh-huh on Jan 26th, 2011, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

that'll clean the pipes
Meema
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Meema »

old-bushman wrote:I'll raise you a cup of coffee and 2 spoons of cough syrup.

Actually, we shouldn't bother these religious nuts. They're not hurting us. Millions of people around the world that can't use condoms, or get abused when they are young, yes, but they're not hurting us.

why I otta clean yur...ah nevermind :dyinglaughing:
Next time you point a finger, I'll point you to a mirror. You don't deserve a point of view when the only thing you see is you.
MechanicMan

Post by MechanicMan »

Imagine that, a religious person posting religious material on a religion forum.... crazy

If you hate religion so much dont read the religion forum. If I am breaking some unwritten rule of this forum I am sure I will hear from a Moderator
chrisv
Fledgling

Post by chrisv »

MechanicMan wrote:Imagine that, a religious person posting religious material on a religion forum.... crazy

If you hate religion so much dont read the religion forum. If I am breaking some unwritten rule of this forum I am sure I will hear from a Moderator

:sunshine: Likes this!
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

MechanicMan wrote:Imagine that, a religious person posting religious material on a religion forum.... crazy

How about placing original thought on the board instead of all the copy-paste you have done since you've started posting? Or at least quote the excerpt or article and add a comment of your very own.. What are you attempting by starting this thread: an incurring conversation in regards to that particular 'daily devotional' or is this thread intended as a place for you to paste Christian articles/sermons that you enjoy to share with others. Which ever it is you'll need to let us know.. Thanks.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

eat breakfast
take a poop
go to work
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Devotional not Constitutional. :smt110
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

oops #-o
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Dearest God,
O hear my supplication, and be Thy mercy shown;
Deliver me from this insanity;
Pray, let me alone;
From those who plot to hurt my brain and spread the treacherous snare;
Grieve him by a thousand falls, and buyer beware.

Lots of love

Born_again <3<3
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

I'm not sure I followed bornagains post, but I interpret it as

"may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits".

Am I close?
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

If you hate religion so much don't read the religion forum. If I am breaking some unwritten rule of this forum I am sure I will hear from a Moderator

This is why, I just read what's posted in the Religion & Philosophy. And at times :dyinglaughing: until I damn near fall off my chair.

For those that may not understand, I now only laugh at my computer screen at what's posted instead of posting my laugh.

Better

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”