Today's Daily Devotional

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Meema
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Todays Daily Devotional

Post by Meema »

coffeeFreak wrote:
Meema wrote:
coffeeFreak wrote:You make my point perfectly Meema...You too assume that because it is titled "Todays Daily Devotional" and that the OP is a Christian that that is what it must be...

I realize I am getting petty here, just blame it on my undealt with issues towards the Christian religion. Coexisting with other belief systems on the same level tends not to be a Christian trait. I challenge the Christians to "coexist" in this thread...if nothing else you will have lots to pray for.

Now who is assuming! You know nothing about me. You assume that because I am a Christian that I am like alllllllllllllllllllllll the others you have issues with.

Your right Meema, I apologize if you felt my other comment was directed at you...the top part of my comment is the only part where I talked about an assumption...the bottom was a general comment and I can see how you might feel I included you in it...sorry.

:128:
Next time you point a finger, I'll point you to a mirror. You don't deserve a point of view when the only thing you see is you.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

da french man's morning devotional(in your best french accent)

to break my fast I would like:
two piece bacon side by each
two piece bread toast one side
two eggs facing da sun
brown my hash
and an orange glass of juice! SVP
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Meema wrote:OP is a Christian...so therefore it makes sense that he would post a Christian devotional...if you come on to the thread and don't like it because it is Christian...leave....pretty simple. With all the hoopla I thought the OP might have said no one but Christians can post on this thread...but I couldn't find that in his post. :smt102

Hoopla indeed, Meema.
This is what the OP stated:
MechanicMan wrote:This forum claims it is non-denominational and that all are welcome. Again, if this is against some rule, I will surely hear from a moderator. :)

If the OP can accept that it is non-denominational then pray thee, why do you have such a problem with that?
Meema
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Meema »

Born_again wrote:
Meema wrote:OP is a Christian...so therefore it makes sense that he would post a Christian devotional...if you come on to the thread and don't like it because it is Christian...leave....pretty simple. With all the hoopla I thought the OP might have said no one but Christians can post on this thread...but I couldn't find that in his post. :smt102

Hoopla indeed, Meema.
This is what the OP stated:
MechanicMan wrote:This forum claims it is non-denominational and that all are welcome. Again, if this is against some rule, I will surely hear from a moderator. :)

If the OP can accept that it is non-denominational then pray thee, why do you have such a problem with that?

clearly you are thick....I don't have a problem with it :discodance:
Next time you point a finger, I'll point you to a mirror. You don't deserve a point of view when the only thing you see is you.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Meema wrote:So make a non Christian devotional thread...as I have read on many other threads...the OP determines the content of the thread...he happens to be Christian. I can't imagine he would post any other way...

I'd rather be called "thick" than lose sight of my objective integrity, Meema.
Meema
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Meema »

Born_again wrote:
Meema wrote:So make a non Christian devotional thread...as I have read on many other threads...the OP determines the content of the thread...he happens to be Christian. I can't imagine he would post any other way...

I'd rather be called "thick" than lose sight of my objective integrity, Meema.

:hailjo:
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Let us sing praise to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for He is a loving God.
Of His might and dominion, there is no compare; of His mercy and deliciousness, there is no equal.
No other god can challenge Him; in the taste test, He is invincible.
Through His pasta, He has blessed us with everlasting life, and holy is His Name.
For He is the Flying Spaghetti Monster: the One, True, and Most High God, creator of man and midgit, giver of pasta, giver of sauce, from age to holy age; not created He was, but ever He lives, through the glory of spaghetti, now and forever.
R'Amen.”

~ Ishmali Camuwundra on the Flying Spaghetti Monster
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Born_again wrote: I'd rather be called "thick" than lose sight of my objective integrity, Meema.

Born_again wrote:Let us sing praise to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for He is a loving God.
Of His might and dominion, there is no compare; of His mercy and deliciousness, there is no equal.
No other god can challenge Him; in the taste test, He is invincible.
Through His pasta, He has blessed us with everlasting life, and holy is His Name.
For He is the Flying Spaghetti Monster: the One, True, and Most High God, creator of man and midgit, giver of pasta, giver of sauce, from age to holy age; not created He was, but ever He lives, through the glory of spaghetti, now and forever.
R'Amen.”

~ Ishmali Camuwundra on the Flying Spaghetti Monster

:coffeecanuck: :dyinglaughing:
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

LOL Steven, you spotted the hangman's noose. Let's see who wants to wear it ;-)

Meanwhile, I'm going to treat you to a delectable pastalm:

1 The FSM is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pesto:

He leadeth me beside the still marinara.
3 He restoreth my sauce:

He leadeth me in the collander of Intelligence for Science's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the taste of terriyaki,

I will fear no bad taste: for thou art with me;
thy meatballs and thy noodles they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mexican food:

thou anointest my head with olive oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely garlic and tomato shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the FSM for ever.

Glob bless you!
Meema
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Meema »

THE BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE
John 3:10, "Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?"
JOHN 3:1-21

The Greek word translated "master" here actually means, "an instructor, doctor, teacher". Nicodemus was a very educated man in religious matters, yet he didn't have the slightest idea what Jesus was talking about.

Nicodemus' relationship with God had all been academic. He knew a lot about God, but he didn't know God personally. Jesus had a union with God that was unique and Nicodemus was intrigued. God was Jesus' father. This was foreign to Nicodemus.

Jesus had not been educated by man and yet He knew God in a way that the theologians and seminary graduates of His day didn't. He shocked Nicodemus when He told him that the only way to truly know God was through an experience of becoming born again.

The number one thing that sets Christianity apart from religion is this born again experience. We don't just have a different doctrine than the others.

We have been born from above. We have Jesus Himself living in our hearts. Christianity is a relationship, not a religion. We truly fellowship with God as our father. A man with a born again experience is never at a loss when confronted by a man with an argument.

Andrew Wommack, AWM
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

When asked "What thing about humanity surprises you the most?", Dalai Lama answered: "Man, because he sacrifices his health in order to make money; then sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. Then he is so anxious about the future that he doesn't enjoy the present, and as a result, he doesn't live in the present or the future. And he lives as if he's never going to die and then dies having never really lived.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

steven lloyd wrote:When asked "What thing about humanity surprises you the most?", Dalai Lama answered: "Man, because he sacrifices his health in order to make money; then sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. Then he is so anxious about the future that he doesn't enjoy the present, and as a result, he doesn't live in the present or the future. And he lives as if he's never going to die and then dies having never really lived.

I used this for my facebook status, then my daughter took it for hers, she said a couple of her friends also posted it...thanks sl :sunshine:
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

And to answer your question, what I intended to do by posting the devotional was to simply share a religious writing of the great london preacher Charles Spurgeon as is done on a daily basis on "religious" forums the world over. This forum claims it is non-denominational and that all are welcome. Again, if this is against some rule, I will surely hear from a moderator.

Have a wonderful evening, and God Bless!

Thank you for that, I really enjoyed it. I think it is terrible that someone can't post a Christian devotional and they get attacked! I would NEVER go into your budist, athiest, or non-christian thread and attack you for your belief! This forum is terrible for this sort of thing happening. I have attempted to have many conversations with christians on here and it gets attacked to pieces. Shame on all of you that you can't leave us to have one single thread that you don't butt into. And I don't have to name names. You know who you are. I find it very interesting that so called non-christians HAVE to join in. I think seriously some of you are silently seeking the truth but would never in a million years admit it. Because kind people do not go into a thread just to bash a particular religion over and over and over again unless they are just plain evil and would like to try to convince the christian they are wrong and would love to see them go to hell, or else you have deniable interest. You see if I was to intrude on an athiest conversation, it would be strictly because anything I would have to say could only lead to good. Being a christian can't be a bad thing, even for those that do not believe. What would you have to lose if you lead a christian life, all your life, and then came to find out it wasn't true? What would you have lost? However, on the other hand, if it is true, and you choose not to believe, you have everything to lose. The only thing you think you MIGHT have to possibly gain by intruding on these christian topics, is maybe you will make a new believer doubt, would that actually make you proud? Everybody is entitled to their own religion but don't go speaking of the bible and the koran (sp) as the same thing in the same thread. For you christians, there are many chrsitian forums out there that JUST christians go to and they are very uplifting. You will get nowhere on here. To debate religion, go for it, there are many threads on deabting religion, but this started as one kind person posting a daily devotional and getting attacked for it. Come on christians, stand up for the Lord Jesus Christ and be heard! Be proud of your christianity and maybe everytime someone comes on here and inappropiatly slams us, we will all surround him with love & prayers for every comment made! They can hate us and be rude, but we are commanded to love and pray for our neighbors and our enemies. Maybe if everytime Mr Loydd or steven or whatever his name is wants to come on here and make his "out of place comments" lets all post back a prayer for these people. One little devotional, just one little nice devotional, and this is what it turns into. What a shame. God bless every single one of you!
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Binky11, this thread is about daily devotionals; not attacking others like you have just done. If you don't have a daily devotional to post, then why post at all?

For lo, is it not proclaimed that He Himself, through his apostle The Holy Chef Boyardee, was able to feed the tentacle-less multitudes?
Celebrate with wild celebrations, make a joyful noise with shaums, drums, pipes and .mp3's, for Verily He says unto thee that there shall be spaghetti, meatballs and garlic bread for all true believers when our squid overlords hold dominion.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Binky11, please note the discussion and the thread does NOT say Christian, it says "Religion & Philosophy: Today's Daily Devotion". Leave it to a Christian to perceive there is only one perspective when it comes to religion and daily devotions. There are actually a few good "devotions" on this thread, just not Christian.

Your rant feels very un-christian like and it seems to me you ought to do what Jesus said and "love your neighbour" and do what Jesus did and "turn the other cheek"...

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”