Thanksgiving weekend get together.

A potpourri of off-topics.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

mechanic_virus wrote:Thanks, Stinkerbell. I hope for a good turn-out. I've had quite a bit of interest so far...
By the way, anybody know of somebody trying to sell a karaoke machine for cheap?

You can buy new ones now for around $200. Don't know if that's cheap enough. Saw one at toys r us the other day. Superzellmart probably have them.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Haha, not quite - we don't have any funding as of yet, so it would be out of pocket.
Thank you for your suggestion, though. Perhaps I'll take a look at the classifieds.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

onestop67 wrote: Superzellmart probably have them.

Ambiguity at its best.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

Ok boys & girls, ladies & gents, small pets and large beasts.

This seems like the best place for me to attempt to clarify a few things. ( It's MY thread, and it's been "off topic" for quite some time...which is FINE with me...and I'm going to continue being "off topic/ somewhat on topic..)

#1) Though it may NOT seem like it, prior to the Thanksgiving get together at our place, I had NOT met the majority of the people that came and blessed us with their company. ( but it sure was fantastic to meet everyone.. :126: )

#2) I will appologize for myself, and myself only, for taking things "off-topic" in other threads relating to get togethers, but if one were to think about it..there isn't anyone that hasn't gone "off-topic."

#3) If any of my stupid little cracks have made ANYONE feel as though we are a clique of people that doesn't care about "outsiders," well then my ENTIRE mission has failed...and miserably I might add! I have been continually THRILLED to meet each and every new person to date, without exception!

#4) This has been a very long and trying day, for may reasons, and I'm heading for my couch now. If there are still any persons that have been hurt by any of the insanity that we get caught up in...all that I can do is appologize. & I've done that. It's up to all of you to decide what YOU feel.

Cheers & Later!

Crash

P.S. NO, I am not trying to leave out the "shy" ones or people that don't feel comfortable "meeting" us. I am merely focusing on issues that have arisen with the people that HAVE met. :148: :128:
smarty
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by smarty »

I had to stop going cause you guys were far to "clicky for moi"

:12077: :12077: :12077: :12077:

:138: I KNOW I'm a BRAT!!!
hockey19
Fledgling

Post by hockey19 »

smarty wrote:I had to stop going cause you guys were far to "clicky for moi"

:12077: :12077: :12077: :12077:

:138: I KNOW I'm a BRAT!!!

Well that and you are a few hundred kilometers away!
:12077:

Good post crash and it is to bad some are thinking that the get together group is cliquey(sp?). Nothing could be further from the truth. The group is rarely the same twice, (yes there are some regulars but you are the core group that gives the shy and on the fence ones courage to come out), always ready to welcome one and all. Those that posted and then felt ignored should check the time posts come at, as sometimes posts are really close together and might be missed. (I know because this happens to me often as I am a slow typist).
To those that are unsure of attending one of these get togethers:
JUST TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT! (said with a big smile of reassurance)
:124:
what goes around comes around
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

Thank you Bonk!! :128:
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

crash 99 wrote:Ok boys & girls, ladies & gents, small pets and large beasts.

This seems like the best place for me to attempt to clarify a few things. ( It's MY thread, and it's been "off topic" for quite some time...which is FINE with me...and I'm going to continue being "off topic/ somewhat on topic..)

#1) Though it may NOT seem like it, prior to the Thanksgiving get together at our place, I had NOT met the majority of the people that came and blessed us with their company. ( but it sure was fantastic to meet everyone.. :126: )

#2) I will appologize for myself, and myself only, for taking things "off-topic" in other threads relating to get togethers, but if one were to think about it..there isn't anyone that hasn't gone "off-topic."

#3) If any of my stupid little cracks have made ANYONE feel as though we are a clique of people that doesn't care about "outsiders," well then my ENTIRE mission has failed...and miserably I might add! I have been continually THRILLED to meet each and every new person to date, without exception!

#4) This has been a very long and trying day, for may reasons, and I'm heading for my couch now. If there are still any persons that have been hurt by any of the insanity that we get caught up in...all that I can do is appologize. & I've done that. It's up to all of you to decide what YOU feel.

Cheers & Later!

Crash

P.S. NO, I am not trying to leave out the "shy" ones or people that don't feel comfortable "meeting" us. I am merely focusing on issues that have arisen with the people that HAVE met. :148: :128:

In regards to #3 and your P.S.,
To ANY and ALL that claim otherwise about being ignored or not being a member of the 'clicque', that is a crock of s**t. :) There is no 'clicque.'
Maybe because you make these claims (and other remarks we hear) you have set yourself outside of what is a LARGE circle of friends.
Wanna join us? No problem, you are accepted without reservation. Don't wanna join us but like just posting back and forth? We have absolutely no problem with that either.
P.S. Correction: We ARE a clicque and it is called Castanetters. ALL members are included here!
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
hockey19
Fledgling

Post by hockey19 »

BriTer wrote:
crash 99 wrote:Ok boys & girls, ladies & gents, small pets and large beasts.

Cheers & Later!

Crash

In regards to #3 and your P.S.,
To ANY and ALL that claim otherwise about being ignored or not being a member of the 'clicque', that is a crock of s**t. :) There is no 'clicque.'
Maybe because you make these claims (and other remarks we hear) you have set yourself outside of what is a LARGE circle of friends.
Wanna join us? No problem, you are accepted without reservation. Don't wanna join us but like just posting back and forth? We have absolutely no problem with that either.
P.S. Correction: We ARE a clicque and it is called Castanetters. ALL members are included here!

:134: :134: :134:
BriTer, VERY well said, I said it earlier too. "Clicques" could not be further from the truth. From the humble beginings of smarty and bannay's get togethers to the crash bash, all castaneters and then some, have always been welcome. ANYONE who thinks otherwise has missed the point of the get togethers.

:124:

:134: :134: :134:
what goes around comes around
Bananny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Bananny »

I can't think of one person that has come out to a bash and hasn't wanted to come out to another. Such a variety of people. Everybody is welcome and nobody is ignored. :123:
You say it best when you say nothing at all

Return to “Grab Bag”