Learn Something New Every Day

A potpourri of off-topics.
daria
Guru

Re: Learn Something New Everyday

Post by daria »

oneh2obabe wrote:Your foot should be the same length as the distance between your ''wrist bone'' and your ''elbow bone''.

It certainly is. :)
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

oneh2obabe wrote:Your foot should be the same length as the distance between your ''wrist bone'' and your ''elbow bone''.

It should be? Oh dear, what if its not? I'm too scared to check.. :200: lol
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

If you burn your fingers, grab your ear lobe right away. It absorbs the heat and the burn goes away - no blisters or even any redness.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Fingerprints are used to identify individuals, tiger stripes are used to identify individual tigers ... no two tigers have the same stripe pattern.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Zebras are white with black stripes and giraffes have black tongues.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

old-bushman wrote:Zebras are white with black stripes and giraffes have black tongues.

Wow, how's this for synchronicity? I just learned today that

Deepak Chopra wrote:Killing off too many single-celled creatures may seem like a simple action, like too much water overflowing the bathtub, but the chemical effects of penicillin lead to many possible side effects, some on the bizarre side, such as "black, hairy tongue."
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Take oil of oregano in about 2oz orange juice...surprisingly (really), it makes it very easy to take.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Coca Cola will remove road tar from a vehicle.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Uga (pronounced UH-guh) is the name of a lineage of English Bulldogs owned by Frank W. "Sonny" Seiler, which have served as the mascot of the University of Georgia (UGA) since 1956. This mascot is the only animal mascot buried in a mausoleum on university grounds.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Learn Something New Every Day

Post by Glacier »

Today I learned that a child with Celiac's disease can live as an adult free of the disease.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Once a human reaches the age of 35, he/she will start losing approximately 7,000 brain cells a day. The cells will never be replaced. Goody only one more year to go, before I really star loosing it.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

We all die from the same thing. A lack of oxygen to the brain. It does not matter how our death happens getting hit by a bus or old age.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Today I learned that the name ‘avocado’ comes from the Aztec word which means testicle tree.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

In 1963, baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry remarked, "They'll put a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July 20, 1969, a few hours after Neil Armstrong landed on the moon, Gaylord Perry hit his first, and only, home run.

... Interesting huh?
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Today I learned you must report your income to the CRA even if you obtained it through illegal means. For example, if I make $1,000,000 robbing banks, the CRA wants me to pay taxes on this income - so much so that they will not pass this information onto police.
Last edited by Glacier on Mar 9th, 2011, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Grab Bag”