The Canadian Federal Election of 2011

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
rmshort

Re: The Canadian Federal Election of 2011

Post by rmshort »

Harper never understood that Canadians do not trust him.
We did not give him a majority because he is a religious fundamentalist who should not have been given a voice in the modern world.
He his a nasty bit of work that belongs more in the US than Canadian politics, all Canadians should take this golden opportunity to send this disgrace bace to the back pew.

Contempt of Parliament is a serious affront to every person who desires democracy to work.

Watch the news, people die for this right, get rid of the person leading the conservatives.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

grammafreddy wrote:Bunch of freaking fools. Great waste of taxpayer money. I sure won't be voting for the Libs or NDP.

I have never previously voted Conservative in a federal election.
I guess there really is a first time for everything.
Anything else would be Iggyotic!

EDIT TO ADD: I actually voted for Nathan Cullen (NDP) in the last federal election just to provide some balance to parliament. But after he put forward the motion to hang “closed for business” signs along our west coast that ain’t gonna happen again.
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

we try to teach our kids to work together , try to work things out . pointless , another huge waste of MY money .
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

deedub wrote:we try to teach our kids to work together , try to work things out . pointless , another huge waste of MY money .

Precisely.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Yet another reason not to pay attention to politics in general.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

My prediction is the conservatives will gain a bare majority. the west will be and already is predominately conservative, add that to numbers they have currently in ontario and some inroads into quebec and viola, harper eeks out a majority.

contempt on parliament? you havent seen anything yet once harper gets that majority, no matter how slim. it is going to be a bumpy 4 years...hang on to your wallets!

the only GOOD thing coming from this election, IGGY will be gone! lets hope someone with a personality will win the leadership of the liberal party.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

I hold Iggy & Harper in equal contempt.

I'll either vote for none of the above or maybe green just because. All I wish for is that whoever wins, it's another minority.

Anyone who drank the red or blue Kool-Aid are blind IMO. Bunch of idiots in power, no matter what banner they are waving.

:skippingsheep:
Your bias suits you.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

The opposition governments have spent the entire time Harper has been in government undermining him, and turning Canadian politics into a three ring circus. Its not about what is best for Canadians. Every chance he can Michael Ignatieff has tried to call an election. He is wasting my time and my tax dollars, and I have to say, I am fed up with this nonsense. If its not one thing its another. Layton appears be just tagging along for the ride.
Last edited by Graphite on Mar 26th, 2011, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

grammafreddy wrote:Bunch of freaking fools. Great waste of taxpayer money. I sure won't be voting for the Libs or NDP.

Agreed!
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

NAB wrote:Just remember everyone, the reason given by Ignatieff for this election is that "Parliament has lost confidence in this Government" (or words to that affect).

To me, that is patently untrue. Approximately 154 members out of a total of 300 members voting on the motion claim they have lost confidence in the government on instructions from their leaders. Now we find out if the majority of the people those 154 represent agree with them.

Nab

This is just the opposition governments running their circus again. I am getting dizzy from this rerun. They clearly are not focused on Canadians, trying to run a popularity contest. Has NOTHING to do with what is best for Canada.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Unfortunately, there is still only one party to really vote for, and it sure isn't the Libs, NDP, The Bloc or Greens.
Just the sight of Ignatieff makes me sick.
Although, the NDPers always make a good opposition party, I surely wont vote for them.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Poor ole stevie blunder may not get to go the the royal wedding after all.
We're lost but we're making good time.
kelofornia
Übergod

Post by kelofornia »

UltraViolet wrote:

Unfortunately, there is still only one party to really vote for, and it sure isn't the Libs, NDP, The Bloc or Greens.
Just the sight of Ignatieff makes me sick.
Although, the NDPers always make a good opposition party, I surely wont vote for them.

Voting for the lesser of any evil is not a constructive reaction. We the citizens have the power to make THEM (the politicians) pay attention to us by not participating and casting no ballots for any of them.

This is not a "popularity contest"! This is about what the people of Canada want and we have not been receiving what we want or need for decades now.

Don't satisfy their ignorance of US by giving in, make a stand and DON'T VOTE.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

kelofornia wrote: Voting for the lesser of any evil is not a constructive reaction. We the citizens have the power to make THEM (the politicians) pay attention to us by not participating and casting no ballots for any of them.

As one federal political pundit on the news observed this morning, when you make the decision not to vote in protest, then those politicians who have created distatste for the political democratic process have taken your power and won. They don't care if you don't vote, because the people who support them will be and you've just provided assurance that their support will be unopposed. Your "protest" will be unheard and you will have given what little power you have away.
kelofornia
Übergod

Post by kelofornia »

steven lloyd wrote:
kelofornia wrote: Voting for the lesser of any evil is not a constructive reaction. We the citizens have the power to make THEM (the politicians) pay attention to us by not participating and casting no ballots for any of them.

As one federal political pundit on the news observed this morning, when you make the decision not to vote in protest, then those politicians who have created distatste for the political democratic process have taken your power and won. They don't care if you don't vote, because the people who support them will be and you've just provided assurance that their support will be unopposed. Your "protest" will be unheard and you will have given what little power you have away.

This should not be a competition, but ultimately has turned into just that. Are you satisfied in any way with what your local politician has done for you? Then why give him support even though he may be the lesser of of the evils. If there is no one on the ballot capabable of getting his constituents desires heard then what is the point except to give that individual an expense account with which to waste taxpayers money so he/she can affectively do NOTHING for the communities they represent.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”