Dark cirlces under eyes

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
agnes60

Dark cirlces under eyes

Post by agnes60 »

Does anyone know how to cover up dark circles under the eyes. I have been to doctors and they have told me it is genetic and basically make up is the only thing. OK, I understand the genetic, but surely there has got to be a make up that will make it less noticeable. I don't wear a whole bunch of make up, but I have been to "alot of different places for advice and help. No luck. The makeup I have makes me look pasty and like I have on awhole bunch of make up. More natural and softer is what I am looking for, if that makes any sense. Any help out there??? :127:
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Dark cirlces under eyes

Post by oneh2obabe »

It'll be hit 'n miss until you find the right tone for your skin. Not sure if the stores still have testers but talk to the person behind the cosmetic counter and they should be able to help you find the right colour match for your skin tone. Once you've found the right match, contact the manufacturer as some will provide a free sample.

A color-correcting makeup concealer in green will offset redness. A yellow concealer will downplay bluish discolorations. A slightly lighter under eye concealer will cover dark circles under the eyes. For birthmarks and scars, the best concealer is thicker, more opaque.

Choose a concealer that is one to two shades lighter than your skin tone. The number of shades lighter will depend upon your make-up. If you don’t wear foundation, you should choose a concealer that is closer to your skin tone. If you wear foundation, then you can go up to two shades lighter.

Most cosmetologists recommend a creamy or stick concealer used under foundation. To apply concealer: dot on and blend gently with a dry wedge sponge or clean finger for seamless coverage. You can also dot some concealer over foundation, before powder, for added coverage. Choose the right color. Without the right color of concealer, you may highlight rather than conceal your trouble spots.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Waterbabe is correct! Another trick it to use a white eye shadow. It also brightens the under eye area.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I also have dark circles. The best concealer I've found is at MAC. It really works well. It is expensive, $36.50 I believe the last time I bought it. I use it every work day though and it lasts a very long time. Well worth the money.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Physician's Formula makes a good corrector/concealer. I find the yellow one works best for under eye circles.
It comes in a stick and a liquid formula. I have tried literally dozens over the years and this is definitely the best.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I live with them - they've been part of my face since birth.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

There is a tinted eye roller that contains ingredients to reduce any puffiness and the colour to mask dark circles that a girlfriend of mine swears by. I'm not sure who makes it, it is a new product.

Edit:
The eye roller is by Garnier http://www.garnier.ca/_en/_ca/skincare/ ... roller.htm
and there is also a new brush by Olay http://m.olay.com/go.php?pck=566143&pag ... 5cibi732f0
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
agnes60

Post by agnes60 »

Thank you for all your advice. I have Mac right now.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Naturopath told me dark circles are a sign of allergies or food sensitivities. Not sure if that is factual or not.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

It can certainly be allergies or sensitivities. It can also be genetics.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

And what about men?

I almost always have "bags" under my eyes. I'm not wearing make up. What can I do (besides "get more sleep") ??
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

fvkasm2x wrote:And what about men?

I almost always have "bags" under my eyes. I'm not wearing make up. What can I do (besides "get more sleep") ??

Bags or circles?

For bags: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30088#p881891
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.

Return to “Health”