Tisha Kalmanovitch

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Tisha Kalmanovitch

Post by fvkasm2x »

Well I suppose the advertising campaign worked somewhat, as I know who they are now...

But do you really need 85 signs with your name on it along Springfield from Benvoulin to Gordon? I'm not even exaggerating, I counted them.

Congrats, your name is out there. However, I find that overt advertising highly annoying and wouldn't even bother to find out where you stand on any issues because of the waste here.

Anyone else have any thoughts about the massive amount of those orange signs that litter Springfield?
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Re: Tisha Kalmanovich

Post by Tacklewasher »

First sign I saw on the weekend was for Ron Cannan. But then I saw a whole parade of signs for Tisha.

Can't say I liked either of them but at least the Cannan ones weren't 5 feet apart.

Still like to see a bi-law preventing signs being posted on public land. Let the property owners post (or allow to be posted) signs as they see fit but don't allow signs on public property.

I mean, our city is just waking up from it's winter slumber and we gotta put up with these things?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Tacklewasher wrote:First sign I saw on the weekend was for Ron Cannan. But then I saw a whole parade of signs for Tisha.

Can't say I liked either of them but at least the Cannan ones weren't 5 feet apart.

Still like to see a bi-law preventing signs being posted on public land. Let the property owners post (or allow to be posted) signs as they see fit but don't allow signs on public property.

I mean, our city is just waking up from it's winter slumber and we gotta put up with these things?

I'd actually be interested in reading the by-laws already in place.

Stores advertising for their business need a permit to do so. If Home Hardware, Rona, Tool Place, etc... all along Springfield need permits, what about these signs?

The city regulates the size, location, etc... of any business signs that are put out on that walkway. What about 85 of them all along the place?
Meeko666
Fledgling

Post by Meeko666 »

I totally agree with you, my biggest pet peeve, besides even having this election, is that we have to see those ugly signs everywhere.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Apparently it is against our charter for a municipality to enact the rules I would like to see.

Being discussed here and I think I'll leave my comments in that thread.

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31521
hoojadaddy

Post by hoojadaddy »

Kinda sorta on topic.. on my way to work this morning at the bottom of the lakes right beside the stop sign where you would look to make sure theres no traffic on the way theres a gigantic red sign for one of the candidates (cant remember who). That has to be the worst possible spot to place a sign. Now you have to go in to the road more without being able to see whats coming all because someone thought there sign was more important than road safety. Im probably overreacting but to me its just stupid.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

hoojadaddy wrote:Kinda sorta on topic.. on my way to work this morning at the bottom of the lakes right beside the stop sign where you would look to make sure theres no traffic on the way theres a gigantic red sign for one of the candidates (cant remember who). That has to be the worst possible spot to place a sign. Now you have to go in to the road more without being able to see whats coming all because someone thought there sign was more important than road safety. Im probably overreacting but to me its just stupid.

That sounds to me like one I would call someone on. If it is blocking the view of oncoming traffic, I'd give the RCMP a call.
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

Finally someone other than Ron Cannan is putting up signs. Its been over a week since they announced the election and it took this long for the other candidates to get signs out there.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

I hate political signs, I hate slanderous tv ads, I loathe elections...time to elect some chump that may be slightly better then the last chump who lied to you to get elected, whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth I wish there was a better way.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

With modern day media what it is I hardly see the need for littering the countryside with political advertising.

Hopefully in the not too distant future those too will be dealt with, and by dealt with I mean banished.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:With modern day media what it is I hardly see the need for littering the countryside with political advertising.

Hopefully in the not too distant future those too will be dealt with, and by dealt with I mean banished.

It will be interesting to see how many plastic printed pillowcases on wire frames the Green Party puts up.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

She's actually a very nice lady. She's bright and interesting.
It's unfortunate if her signs ticked people off.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

gardengirl wrote:She's actually a very nice lady. She's bright and interesting.
It's unfortunate if her signs ticked people off.

That's too bad, if what you say is true. 85 signs in a 6 block radius or whatever you wanna call that strip of Springfield is a bit much. I know she didn't put up the signs, but whoever it was that was trying to help... wasn't.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This conversation came up few days ago I was talking to elderly gentleman (90 something). Who put up signs (political) back in late 1960's threw out 70's into early 80's. He said he would only place signs on private property and with owners permission. Also 24 hours before polls open he would remove all the signs he put up.

Sound like the way it should be done to me.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

hockeyfan1970 wrote:This conversation came up few days ago I was talking to elderly gentleman (90 something). Who put up signs (political) back in late 1960's threw out 70's into early 80's. He said he would only place signs on private property and with owners permission. Also 24 hours before polls open he would remove all the signs he put up.

Sound like the way it should be done to me.

Wasn't how the signs started was if a household felt strongly for one candidate and planned to vote for them they would show their support by putting their sign on their lawn? I guess that evolved into asking if a sign could go on your lawn, then finally just putting them everywhere to shove their campaign down your throat.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed

Return to “Federal Election 2011”