Tisha Kalmanovitch

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
bree-anna
Fledgling

Re: Tisha Kalmanovich

Post by bree-anna »

the more signs that I see the less I want to vote for this person , it's annoying when driving and all you see are these signs. So please we get the point and we can read and it's not like we drive too fast and we might miss to vote for you. So if you appreciate what kelowna thinks........ take away some of your signs that have your name on it PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

hoojadaddy wrote:Kinda sorta on topic.. on my way to work this morning at the bottom of the lakes right beside the stop sign where you would look to make sure theres no traffic on the way theres a gigantic red sign for one of the candidates (cant remember who). That has to be the worst possible spot to place a sign. Now you have to go in to the road more without being able to see whats coming all because someone thought there sign was more important than road safety. Im probably overreacting but to me its just stupid.

Well, it certainly wasn't a Conservative sign. Anything red is bad. Don't vote red.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Bonger420
Fledgling

Post by Bonger420 »

bree-anna wrote:the more signs that I see the less I want to vote for this person , it's annoying when driving and all you see are these signs. So please we get the point and we can read and it's not like we drive too fast and we might miss to vote for you. So if you appreciate what kelowna thinks........ take away some of your signs that have your name on it PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree.

I email every campaign office at the start of these things and pledge my vote to the Office with the least ammount of signs.
They always say how important "your' vote is to them, but year after year it's the same thing.

I'm starting to wonder if politicians are liars, would that be Un-Canadian of me?

Re: Tisha Kalmanovitch

Post by member »

This is sort of off topic aswell.... How come election candidates are permitted to have signs all over the side of the road and on the roads yet when I put up our "Slow, Children at Play" sign (half on my driveway half on the road, I wasn't aware it wasn't allowed on a residential road) that bylaw was called and I had to make sure the sign was off the city road? We now just keep the sign completely on our property as the bylaw guy took my neighbors from down the road as we didn't move it in time. Is it because there are so many of them it's not worth taking them down?
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

member wrote:This is sort of off topic aswell.... How come election candidates are permitted to have signs all over the side of the road and on the roads yet when I put up our "Slow, Children at Play" sign (half on my driveway half on the road, I wasn't aware it wasn't allowed on a residential road) that bylaw was called and I had to make sure the sign was off the city road? We now just keep the sign completely on our property as the bylaw guy took my neighbors from down the road as we didn't move it in time. Is it because there are so many of them it's not worth taking them down?

The Canada Elections Act lets them put signs up on public property for the period of time of the election campaign. The signs cannot be messed with by any person expect government officials if the sign is a safety hazard (like the big red one by The Lakes would be). Or in the event that it contavenes a bylaw. And not many municipalities will make a bylaw prohibiting political signs on public property because they'll all want to put a few signs out there when municipal elections come alone. They would hate to be a bunch of hypocrites now wouldn't they?

If one blocks your view in traffic call it in and ask that it be moved or taken down.

As much as I too despise them, it is only for a few weeks (theoretically) once every 4 years.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Sperica7
Fledgling

Post by Sperica7 »

They are all the way down Rutland Rd. as well..5 ft apart.. Lots of them. How annoying and what a waste of money!
bree-anna
Fledgling

Post by bree-anna »

all I know is seeing these signs is annoying , yes we get the point and know who you are . Do you think we all have forget after seeing one sign you need to plaster them up and down the road so to make sure we don't forget . PLEASE .......... To me this is coming off as being pushy and I don't like that and if there like that now why vote them in because it says something how they would be if voted in.
cellojello

Post by cellojello »

Saw the first TV add today for the Conservatives. Talk about a waste of money and time. All they do is just bash the other candidates, and tell you nothing! No wonder people do not vote, they are all equally the same and just bash each other. The signs are extremely annoying and should be taken down. They are also a waste of resources, and very distracting. Especially when they are put up two feet apart.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

This year must be some kind of record for number of signs out.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

I can't believe you sign whiners. Young men and women alike have fought and died so you can have a vote for the political party of your choice. Move to the Middle East if you don't like what people are trying to do for our Country. In fact you folks deserve to live there. Complain and get your head cut off. Go Canada!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Deacon wrote:I can't believe you sign whiners. Young men and women alike have fought and died so you can have a vote for the political party of your choice.

Hey, some young men and women died so we can have the right to whine, be unhappy about our govt and be vocal about it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Deacon wrote:I can't believe you sign whiners. Young men and women alike have fought and died so you can have a vote for the political party of your choice. Move to the Middle East if you don't like what people are trying to do for our Country. In fact you folks deserve to live there. Complain and get your head cut off. Go Canada!

ZZZzzzzzzzz
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

fvkasm2x wrote:Well I suppose the advertising campaign worked somewhat, as I know who they are now...

But do you really need 85 signs with your name on it along Springfield from Benvoulin to Gordon? I'm not even exaggerating, I counted them.

Congrats, your name is out there. However, I find that overt advertising highly annoying and wouldn't even bother to find out where you stand on any issues because of the waste here.

Anyone else have any thoughts about the massive amount of those orange signs that litter Springfield?

I was there today and thought that was overkill as well. Couldn't of been that effect because I forgot all about it until reading your post :dyinglaughing:
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I agree there, CA
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
doughboy251

Post by doughboy251 »

I actually couldn't believe she even has signs on the highway by Duck Lake 4 or 5 in a row. I wonder what her thoughts are on the enviroment and recycling because that is a lot of waste

Return to “Federal Election 2011”