Re: Conservative Party: Big Brother on the Internet!

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Conservative Party: Big Brother on the Internet!!

Post by Ranger66 »

“I thought we already had gun control in place ranger? And long arms too”
“The federal government introduced a bill in the Senate on Wednesday to abolish the long-gun registry.”

Not if Harper has his way.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Ranger66 wrote:“I thought we already had gun control in place ranger? And long arms too”
“The federal government introduced a bill in the Senate on Wednesday to abolish the long-gun registry.”

Not if Harper has his way.

That's what I said (I think :-) ) The gun registry will never be abolished though, but I agree the long arm registry should be.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Krustry

Post by Krustry »

So you think anyone who wants a long gun should be able to get one, you need to live in the real world. Murder is down; crime involving a gun is down. The process may have been flawed but the results are very clear. Note all stats supplied by the Harper government.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Krustry wrote:So you think anyone who wants a long gun should be able to get one, you need to live in the real world. Murder is down; crime involving a gun is down.

Neither of which has to do with the long gun registry. Simply put, the types of weapons covered are not used in crimes.

The process may have been flawed but the results are very clear. Note all stats supplied by the Harper government.

The process cost far too much for any actual benefits and the results are not clear when talking about the long gun registry.

Prove that the types of weapons covered by the long gun registry have seen a decrease in criminal use from the registry. Simply has not happened.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Krustry wrote:So you think anyone who wants a long gun should be able to get one, you need to live in the real world. Murder is down; crime involving a gun is down. The process may have been flawed but the results are very clear. Note all stats supplied by the Harper government.

Note all guns used by violent gangs and other murderers and criminals are ALL registered - right??? That's how the cops catch them - right??? They just track down that registration and it leads the police right to them - right???

Hahahhaha
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

a fatality inquiry, which reviewed the circumstances surrounding the deaths of Constables Peter Schiemann, Anthony Gordon, Brock Myrol and Leo Johnston. The Mounties were gunned down by James Roszko in 2005, and after killing the four officers, Roszko turned the gun on himself.

keep on laughing.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

What's your point? There were many mistakes made in that case but it is by no means the ONLY case ... and proves absolutely nada.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Gun registry makes many of us feel safer, that is important, don't you think?
Meanwhile what about harpies use of the internet to track people who hold him in low regard?
We're lost but we're making good time.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Nibs, I can't say I felt any less safe before all this gun registry crap. I did feel like a criminal after it, though, when we needed guns and ammo at the farm and were required to jump through the hoops to get them.

Why would you feel safer after the registry? Nothing had changed and chances are pretty good anyone who may have shot you would not be using a registered gun - before or after. Unless, of course, you royally tick yer neighbours off regularly.

Even the RCMP and other police force arguments don't make sense, for the same reason - the guys in the black hats don't register their guns. When called to domestic disputes and other such calls, if the guns are registered there is an advantage, but there's no guarantees any guns were registered or that a check of the registry will tell them there are no guns there but there very well could be unregistered guns, which puts them no farther ahead at all. It is much better to go to every call assuming there are guns there and then what's the point of the registry?

IMO, and I know I am not alone on this, is that the registry was an initial step in trying to make it illegal to have guns at all of any description and would give the government and police a starting point in mandatory surrender of all firearms. Canadians are usually such good little law abiders that I think the public reaction to the registry was unexpected, which is probably what, in a large part, is what has driven up the cost of the registry, far surpassing what they expected it to cost in their wildest dreams. That, plus just a lot of mismanagement and empire building within the registry bureaucracy itself, of course.

Nobody will ever know what percentage of Canadians did not register their guns, so in that sense, the registry was and is a dismal failure.

I don't own any guns now, but if I did, I would not register them.

Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

The point is the gun registry has saved lives and any responsible gun owner understands that. You sound like a big George Bush / NRA fan and that is your right but that doesn’t make you right.

“Meanwhile what about harpies use of the internet to track people who hold him in low regard?”

Is it just people who have a poor opinion of Harper or are they tracking anyone who is not conservative.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Ranger66 wrote:The point is the gun registry has saved lives and any responsible gun owner understands that. You sound like a big George Bush / NRA fan and that is your right but that doesn’t make you right.

Really? REALLY?

What makes you feel that way?

On topic:

Internet policing is a reallly good way to turn ourselves into China quickly.

4chan, while being the *bleep* of the internet, promote freedom of speech at it's finest. Sure crap crops up now and then, but that happens anywhere.

I already run behind multiple proxies, I would hate to have to add encryption to that under the fear that if I speak ill of a majority government then I am suddenly on a watch list and have all my traffic monitored.

Most people don't have anything to hide, I really don't either, but doesn't the thought of some guy/gal with no face, big ears and an endless notepad sitting around your house while you do whatever creep you out a bit? That's exact what this would turn into, and fast.

Information is king, and they more of it they have they worse they will be. Anyone who doesn't understand what this all entails I volunteer to personally follow you around for a few months, recording everything you do and uploading it to a database. Watch the way you talk now slowly change into something a little more conservative. Considering your words far more carefully before you speak.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

What makes you feel that way?”

I am a responsible gun owner and can read and understand statistics. (It should be noted that I didn’t really like the courses at the time.)

As to the topic I agree with you, big brother is near and first name may be Steven.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Ranger66 wrote:What makes you feel that way?”

I am a responsible gun owner and can read and understand statistics. (It should be noted that I didn’t really like the courses at the time.)

As to the topic I agree with you, big brother is near and first name may be Steven.

I can't agree with you in that it has saved lives in any way. I see that as just a societal thing. The need for guns in households has drastically been reduced since the inception of the gun registry as it is. There are less guns out there because people just don't need them.

When it comes to the crime area of things, it's the same. General populace, maybe it's helped a bit. I can't say one way or the other, but I personally feel it's more of a societal change than anything the gun registry did.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

The problem of course is that harpy can and does use search terms to find people who see through his lies, and the criminal behavior of the cpc. Then someone else even less trustworthy, if you can imagine, may come along and do the same thing with athiests, or abortion providers.
I am afraid that the genie is out of that bottle, but it should be outlawed as far as the government is concerned.
We're lost but we're making good time.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”